Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway Empty
PostSubject: Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway   Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:32 pm

This is something that irritates me to no end when I'm driving.

Idiot Motorcyclists buzzing through freeway traffic.

http://DTPollard.com

Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway   Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:48 pm

Idiot is a mild term.
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway   Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Motorcyclists are a law unto themselves.
In the uk they are just as thoughtless and take risks that could endanger themselves and others.
I do hope though that whoever was videoing that was not the same person who was driving?

A few years ago someone released a video on youtube they had videoed from their motor cycle of them doing daring stunts and they got prosecuted by the police for dangerous driving. I don't think they realised the price they would have to pay for their short lived youtube fame.
Back to top Go down
harry
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
harry

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway   Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:29 am

Good morning.
I totally agree. And what a noise they make. seems as the biges noise the better iron. Hoew I h'te em'.
Back to top Go down
http://oceanrover.blogspot.com/
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway   Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:49 am

I am sorry. I am going to have to disagree here.

That rider is the exception from what I have seen.

Most motorcycle riders KNOW that automobile drivers are NOT looking out for them. They are aware that they are more vulnerable in an accident. Most of them obey the laws and are more careful knowing they have to look out for themselves, since they can't count on others to watch for them.

I drive thousands of miles a week. I've seen how people drive their cars, RVs, trucks, and motorcycles. Many automobile drivers simply are NOT looking out for bikers. Many do NOT know how to drive around trucks.

There are idiots in the seats of all types of vehicles, but just because some bikers are stupid, it does not mean most are.

My husband and I have become much safer drivers since we become truckers. And we are both motorcycle riders. Our safety awareness has crossed over to both our car and bike driving. (Not that we weren't safe before ... we are just more informed and aware).

Just a couple of weeks ago a soldier in my son's Guard unit was killed on his bike. The CAR driver was driving on the wrong side of the road, hit another car and then the motorcycle rider. Car driver wasn't even drunk, just doing something stupid.

The man killed was in his 30s. Was married and had two small kids. He wasn't a reckless nut.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

PostSubject: Re: Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway   Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:19 am

Here's the story: http://www.rgj.com/article/20100918/NEWS/100918013/Wrong-way-driver-in-south-Carson-City-kills-motorcyclist-NHP-says

My son is attending this soldier's funeral today.
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway   Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:53 am

JoElle In the Uk bikers have to follow the same rules as car drivers I understand the law is different in the US.
I have rewatched the video a few times and to me it looks like the car driver was holding the camera at the same time as driving. What was that person doing ?
They just happened to have the camera running by chance to film the Bikers??

Driving at the same time as filming! That is driving with undue care and attention, in the UK the Police would throw the book at the car driver for doing this. It is illegal to use a mobile phone while driving let alone filming with a camera.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway   Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:55 pm

Good point David. The person doing the filming was as guilty as those he/she wanted to capture on film.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

PostSubject: Re: Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway   Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:01 am

dmondeo wrote:
JoElle In the Uk bikers have to follow the same rules as car drivers I understand the law is different in the US.
I have rewatched the video a few times and to me it looks like the car driver was holding the camera at the same time as driving. What was that person doing ?
They just happened to have the camera running by chance to film the Bikers??

Driving at the same time as filming! That is driving with undue care and attention, in the UK the Police would throw the book at the car driver for doing this. It is illegal to use a mobile phone while driving let alone filming with a camera.

In the United States motorcycle riders and bicycle riders are required to obey the same traffic laws. However in California (not sure if any other state allows it), motorcycles are allowed to ride between lanes, if it is safe to do so.

Helmet laws vary by state. Most states do not allow talking on cells without an earpiece. Texting while driving is becoming banned in many states. And while I don't think the laws have caught up with phones with filming capabilities, filming while driving is just plain dangerous.

My point was, we need to stop the stereotype when it comes to drivers on the road.

There are safe and stupid car drivers.
There are safe and stupid motocyclists.
There are safe and stupid truck drivers.

In the United States, most motorcycle/auto accidents are the car's fault.
In the United States, most truck/auto accidents are the car's fault.

In my experience, and my husband and I drive thousands of miles a week (over 200,000 miles a year), the biggest problems we see are:

*distracted automobile drivers - people on cell phones, people dealing with children while driving, couples fighting, people in intense conversations with their passengers (not even watching the road or their mirrors), putting on makeup, reading, eating, and the distractions go on and on. Some you wouldn't believe.

* automobile drivers who don't know the laws - slow drivers in the left lane. This is illegal in many states and they cause traffic to back up. They come on the freeway and don't know how to merge.

* don't consider other types of vehicles - trucks can gross out at 80,000 lbs. (and oversize trucks even more). Countless times we've had autos cut in front of us and slow down or stop. We leave a lot of room in front of us for a reason ... we need the SPACE ... it isn't an invitation to cut us off. they drive in our blind spots, tailgate, etc.
Many of these uniformed drivers are the same ones who do NOT watch out for motorcycles. Motorcycles are smaller and may not appear in mirrors or may not be visible in blindspots. Motorists need to check mirrors, do shoulder checks and PAY ATTENTION at all times to their driving.

Share the road and pay attention to your own driving. Be safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway   Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway Empty

Back to top Go down

Idiot Motorcycle Riders On Freeway
Page 1 of 1