Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

My Favorite Things

Go down 
+2
dkchristi
Al Stevens
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

My Favorite Things Empty
PostSubject: My Favorite Things   My Favorite Things EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:23 pm

What's your favorite part about writing?

Mine is the rewrite. Once the story, article, essay whatever is down, that's the end of the tedium. Then, I really enjoy going over the piece, paragraph by paragraph, sentence by sentence, word by word, polishing it, pruning it, crafting it from a blob of words into a finished work of writing. I never want that part to end, and I could go on forever making changes, corrections, enhancements.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

My Favorite Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Things   My Favorite Things EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:28 pm

My favorite part of writing is the first draft, the words flowing without care, the story unfolding, page by page. My worst part is when the edit starts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

My Favorite Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Things   My Favorite Things EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:27 pm

My favorite part of writing is "The End".

Re-writing (editing) can become a seemingly never-ending chore. Each time you go over it you find something else to change. Does it need changing or is it just another inspiration that may be reversed in the next read-through?
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

My Favorite Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Things   My Favorite Things EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:16 am

I love the original writing, research, having words come together in surprising ways.

Sometimes my writing becomes "accidental," just happens.

I have been writing a blog on a site, caringbridge, that was to keep family and friends up to date. I have gotten many comments on the writing, its inspiration, etc. I am now considering putting this into a journal-type book. It would need extensive editing, but could also be divided up into topics. I'd also like to include some of the guestbook entries, a kind of "backstory" of those who post, like relatives, friends, my husband's military friends, those dealing with their own diagnosis. I have a cousin who often speaks of times gone by, times with family from long ago. Putting this all together might be difficult, but I'd love doing it.

Carol

Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

My Favorite Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Things   My Favorite Things EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:09 am

Putting the story together, creating it, dreaming it onto the pages. That part is effortless and energizing. Afterward, the work begins.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

My Favorite Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Things   My Favorite Things EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 11:21 am

Al Stevens wrote:
What's your favorite part about writing?

Getting a check.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Favorite Things Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Favorite Things   My Favorite Things Empty

Back to top Go down

My Favorite Things
Page 1 of 1