Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Living goes on at a fast pace

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Living goes on at a fast pace Empty
PostSubject: Living goes on at a fast pace   Living goes on at a fast pace EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:14 pm

It has rained most of the week here. I am not deterred by rain and just go on with the work to be done. I mentioned about the doves and the nests last week.

I have avoided their realm out of respect for their endeavor to continue and raise the small doves.

Today, the first nest was empty. I came to the second nest, and there was two small, almost with feathers, little doves with big eyes hovered there. I felt so blessed to just see two little doves in the nest!

This evening, I saw the other newly fledged dove fly to the wire. Beautiful to me. Life is a miracle, bird or human, it is the same lovely miracle.

Love,
Betty

Last edited by Betty Fasig on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Living goes on at a fast pace   Living goes on at a fast pace EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Getting their first flying lesson is also a great to watch. Taking that first step (leap of faith) takes courage. Then the mother's action to distract preditors while the infants get their training flights.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Living goes on at a fast pace   Living goes on at a fast pace EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 5:50 am

One day we had the privilege of watching a young eagle take first flight over the lake by the cabin. The parent sat on a branch on the island as the young eagle took off. Beautiful, beautiful.

But whether an eagle or a dove, it is equally beautiful.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Living goes on at a fast pace   Living goes on at a fast pace EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:31 am

My grandmother's sister, my Great-aunt Edna, and her husband, turned his family homestead in deep East Texas, into a weekend getaway for the family. They ran a few head of cattle, stocked a pond with fish, and remodeled the old house, turning it into a small private inn. It was a favorite place for many of us. It was delightful, waking to the sounds of lowing cattle. One morning I lay in my bed, looking out the window, watching a mother bird feed her little ones. Those big eyes Betty spoke of were overpowered by even bigger mouths, as the trusting babies held them open for the mother to fill them with tiny bits of food. I wasn't there to see those particular birds take their first flight, though I sometimes saw that happen at my own home.

Too many of us have lost our connection to Nature. Not our Betty.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Living goes on at a fast pace   Living goes on at a fast pace EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:15 am

My mom has spent her 80's and 90's in excellent health and spunky demeanor, but is definitely a quiet person, not given to bursts of anger.

I was in the kitchen, just arrived from Florida, sitting at the dining window. She was standing at the kitchen window when, without a word to me, she was on a dead run out of the house and next appeared, broom in hand, chasing a brilliantly colored bluejay across the yard and into the air.

The tree outside the kitchen window had a robin's nest with eggs about to hatch, one had already hatched with a wobbly little baby bird. As she told me, she had been guarding that nest with the mother robin for several days against bluejays and squirrels upsetting the eggs and baby robins.

Well, she and mother robin must have succeeded, because the nest stayed intact, some broken shell pieces remaining after mother and babies left entirely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living goes on at a fast pace   Living goes on at a fast pace Empty

Back to top Go down

Living goes on at a fast pace
Page 1 of 1