Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

For members of this forum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

For members of this forum Empty
PostSubject: For members of this forum   For members of this forum EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:34 am

Marie Pacha asked me to post this on the forum:

Shelagh,

I posted the following on the a305w blog. I would be grateful if you would post it on PublishedAuthors, but I also understand if you don't.

Recently, I wrote an essay titled “Stop the Hate.” It’s on my Facebook page for anyone that cares to view it, and it’s public so no one has to “friend” me. It has nothing to do with this blog or a particular forum on the Internet, but in the process of writing it I came to a conclusion.

I initially posted on this blog because I realized I offended someone in a forum post and wanted to apologize. I think, but I’m not sure, that by doing so I made members of that forum feel that I was taking sides against them. That was not my intent. I felt I had done something wrong and wanted to try and set things right, but couldn’t directly contact the individual involved.

That apology seemed to be, at least to me, the impetus for an escalation of ill will between me and members of that forum, and particularly the moderator/administrator. I didn’t intend for that to happen.

I didn’t plan for a formal withdrawal from that forum. A number of things caused my lack of active participation, and I shouldn’t have to justify those to anyone. I planned to remove some of my posts since I wasn’t going to be actively involved.

I never wanted to see the forum closed. I know and knew that it was important to a number of the members.

Regardless of my intent and purpose, things deteriorated from that point forward. And, they deteriorated for a lot of people who weren’t directly involved in the disagreement I had with the moderator/administrator.

That was certainly not my intent.

I felt justified in making my comments about the moderator/administrator of that forum. That justification was based on my perception of events.

I feel strongly enough about the comments I made in my essay “Stop the Hate” that they have changed my perception of issues with that forum. It doesn’t necessarily mean that I feel my opinions were/are wrong, but it means they weren’t worth a fight. I have a right to my opinions, but so do the members of that forum.

In the grand scheme of things, those issues were trivial and yet, by my comments on the blog, I encouraged them to escalate. I regret that.

I can’t undo my participation, but I can apologize for my part in that.

So, to Shelagh and members of the Published Authors forum, and to individuals posting on this blog, I apologize.

Marie Pacha
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: For members of this forum   For members of this forum EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:41 am

In response to Marie's request, I have posted the email. She didn't add any conditions about whether or not members should be allowed to comment on the thread. I decided to leave the thread unlocked. I won't be commenting on the email. If anyone else wishes to add a comment, then they are entitled to do so.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: For members of this forum   For members of this forum EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Although one cannot undo what was done or said, an apology signifies a desire to right a wrong and a fresh start is welcomed. Discussion of past actions can only refresh bad memories. Actions do speak louder than words.

Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: For members of this forum   For members of this forum EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:25 am

I'm not big on rehashing the past wrongs either. Always better to move on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Richard Bowers
One Star Member
One Star Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: For members of this forum   For members of this forum EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:37 am

I have no idea what happened here to the people envolved, but I can easily see why and do know it has occured before if only to a small degree. My sensibities always begin to jump around just reading some of the threads here, referencing what I know and have experienced through writing and publishing. Some of these particpants operate on a high level of many emotions and when exploring these on an open public web-site it is hard to be aware of the edge of these same emotions. Sometimes the barrier is reached without warning and then the rest is history. But I do hope everyone has recovered to some degree and really do hope something was learned here as is my intentions. Thanks, Richard
Back to top Go down
http://lulu.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: For members of this forum   For members of this forum EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 10:50 am

The End.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For members of this forum   For members of this forum Empty

Back to top Go down

For members of this forum
Page 1 of 1