Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?

Go down 
+3
alj
Shelagh
alice
7 posters
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? Empty
PostSubject: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:04 am

I know you are all three, but if you were limited, which would you want?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:19 am

Good looks are inherited; you can't take any credit for being born beautiful. You can't take the blame if you are not born beautiful. I mentioned on another thread that my husband was a talented athlete. When he reminds me of the powerful feeling of being able to run like the wind, I shake my head. Nope, I don't remember that. I never had that kind of raw talent, and I wasn't motivated to develop what little talent I had!

If I were famous, I would have no privacy, so I don't want that either.

If I were rich, people would only want my money and not my company.

I like things just the way they are. I have enough money, I don't worry about the way I look and I don't have fans gathering at the end of the street. Life is good.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 am

None of them. Like Shelagh, I would wish for enough - no more.

I might add a friendly, loving community to be a part of, to have a purpose within that community, and the means to fulfill that purpose.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:31 am

... and a point I missed -- too many people, who are born without any ugly disfigurements, are dissatisfied with their looks. They have plastic surgery on one part of their body and then become fixated on another. I feel sorry for those who earn their living through their looks and undergo surgery to prolong their careers. I understand the reason they do it, I just think it is sad that they have to.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:38 am

I am struggling so with weight, my sole wish at the moment is for "thin" with health. I've learned to live modest and fame is not likely nor needed. It seems as though the struggle to gain back my svelt and athletic look is a singular wish that is above all.

I could use a little wealth to help a family member who believes money solves all problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:38 am

Shelagh wrote:
. I feel sorry for those who earn their living through their looks and undergo surgery to prolong their careers. I understand the reason they do it, I just think it is sad that they have to.

Funny, I was just looking through an online picture gallery of 70's and 80's TV stars, then and now. A couple of them -Priscilla Presley and Victoria Principal- literally made me shudder. Nothing worse than bad plastic surgery.

Oh, and I have no use for fame - I'll take riches anytime. Smile
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:44 am

Try going back a bit further, and notice that the beautiful women of Hollywood had curvier bodies and generally wore dresses that were size 10 or even 12.

"Beauty," as the cliche goes,"is in the eye..."

It's all in how we look at things. Perspective defines all three. What is good looking? How much does it take to be rich? What does fame consist of?

Ann
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:46 am

alj wrote:
Try going back a bit further, and notice that the beautiful women of Hollywood had curvier bodies and generally wore dresses that were size 10 or even 12.

Size 12 in the '60s was comparable to about an 8 now. Although I agree that super-thin with big, fake boobs is a modern look (and an ugly one).
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:52 pm

GOOD LOOKING...that can change with time, and style...I'll stay as I am.

RICH...knowing myself, it would either make me think I am better than others, or I would lose the joy of getting little things...I'll pass on rich.

FAMOUS?...famous? I don't think people should look up to other people...I like eye to eye.

I don't think people who write are aiming for any of the above...we just have something to say, even if we don't know what...maybe we are just questioning people.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:21 pm

LC wrote:
alj wrote:

Size 12 in the '60s was comparable to about an 8 now. Although I agree that super-thin with big, fake boobs is a modern look (and an ugly one).

Blame it on the Barbie dolls.

Ann
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:00 pm

7/19/2010

I wouldn't want fame, today's so called stars
who have no talent will do anything to keep
themselves in the press, now the ladies of old
Hollywood they had class, looks and didn't have
to chase the press every five minutes. They didn't
need plastic surgery....

As for wealth , maybe , I would love to help
people, who needed help, those who are out
of a job, no home, etc. but I would do it very
quietly, no publicity, from one human being to
another....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:07 am

After reading The California Snatch Racket, I will stay as I am.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?   WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS? Empty

Back to top Go down

WOUD YOU RATHER BE GOOD LOOKING OR RICH OR FAMOUS?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: