Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Does any one have any knew ideas?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
vampireheartauthor

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

Does any one have any knew ideas? Empty
PostSubject: Does any one have any knew ideas?   Does any one have any knew ideas? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:03 pm

I'm very small in the competition world of "getting my book out," and I was wondering if anyone has any knew ideas of how to get my book known to the public besides the obvious. (eg: newspapers, radio, TV, myspace, twitter, facebook, etc.)

Last edited by vampireheartauthor on Wed May 19, 2010 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Does any one have any knew ideas?   Does any one have any knew ideas? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:19 pm

Whenever you mention your book on the 'net -- on forums, social networks, your own website etc. -- you must be meticulous. If you leave typos, readers will assume that your books are the same. Spell checkers miss words that are spelled correctly but are used inappropriately.

In your first post, you have repeated the mistake you made in the thread title. Typos will be ignored in general topics and topics of conversation. However, if you mention your book, you must correct all typing errors. There is an edit button to the top right of your post; you should learn how to use it.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Richard Bowers
One Star Member
One Star Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Does any one have any knew ideas?   Does any one have any knew ideas? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Have you heard of BUY BACK MARKETING? It’s one of the best and sure fire ways to jump start any book guaranteed. First place a generous amount of your books in book stores across the state and have them set the price at a much lower discount, somewhere below ten dollars. Then in a week or two have a team of friends come through and randomly purchase all the books. Keep purchasing the books until the store has reordered enough for the title to make it on their premier list. This is when your book sales should take off on their own. From now on you’ll be noticed as an author of some known reputation. OR instead of any of the above wear an’ tare, and at a slightly lesser price hire the professional marketers to promote the book. Good Luck promoting.
Back to top Go down
http://lulu.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does any one have any knew ideas?   Does any one have any knew ideas? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does any one have any knew ideas?
Page 1 of 1