Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

To Plot...My Story

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

To Plot...My Story Empty
PostSubject: To Plot...My Story   To Plot...My Story EmptyMon May 12, 2008 1:15 pm

Last edited by Sue Sunshine on Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

To Plot...My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Plot...My Story   To Plot...My Story EmptyMon May 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Nice story, Sue.

It sounds like a lot of fun.

I always have a lot of faith in the stuff that just pops into my head in the moring like that.

A BIG question I would ask you, and anybody who is doing their own publishing is this: isn't it more fun this way?

I mean, if would be nice just having somebody give me a hundred thousand dollar advance and tell me to go write something else while they take care of everything. And I'm still working on that.

But you miss a lot of fun by not doing the hands-on stuff yourself. And learning what goes into things. A friend of mine once said, "I like to do anything I can at least once before I pay somebody else to do it for me. If nothing else, I appreciate what I'm paying for."

You've gottten a lot more out of this than somebody who just tossed their MS into the hopper at Vantage or iUniverse or whatever.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

To Plot...My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Plot...My Story   To Plot...My Story EmptyMon May 12, 2008 4:13 pm

Yes, Lin, it has been fun. It really has! I am so glad I learned what I did. It would be nice, though, to be able to pass my next ms on to someone else and continue writing instead of always having something take me away from it.
sunny
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

To Plot...My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Plot...My Story   To Plot...My Story EmptyMon May 12, 2008 4:47 pm

Wow. That's quite a story, Sue. I enjoyed reading it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

To Plot...My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Plot...My Story   To Plot...My Story EmptyMon May 12, 2008 7:07 pm

Thanks for sharing that Sue. Great to see how it all came together for you, and a glimpse at how it can work.
Congratulations!! To Plot...My Story 846271
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

To Plot...My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Plot...My Story   To Plot...My Story EmptyMon May 12, 2008 10:24 pm

Sue,
you have just proven once again that a person with a dream - a goal, and with persistence, can achieve it.
Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To Plot...My Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Plot...My Story   To Plot...My Story Empty

Back to top Go down

To Plot...My Story
Page 1 of 1