Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

the last person to post here wins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:55 am

("...merry chirstmas then..." went the goblin to his friends once more)

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
I saw you posting in other threads and thought WTF are you a spambot ?? Now I realised that you are not ........ sorry about that ........ Welcome to here .......... Enjoy your stay ....
"...ah but I could be your latest edition spambot still.." joked the goblin, then rubbing the stubble on his chin, for a momemt of self-doubt had set in hard, as if wondering how to tell the two apart then, whereupon the truth hit him, exclaiming "...so that's it, just subliminal messages implanted into the back of those brains when least expected too, santa's plan all along, simply world domination through turning unsuspecting forum posters into christmas zombies here, the carol music started, that subtle smell of orange and cinnamon whiffed in once more, and a jolly voice going "why fight it goblin ho ho ho, where a merry christmas awaits you now ho ho ho"...", somehow the goblin knew too, that he had to warn the others here, yet who would ever believe him, besides whom amongst them could he trust, any at rate santa had to be stopped

Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:03 am

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:06 pm

("...liked that one then..." went the goblin now)

repost from elsewhere, the goblin doing a landing then

the goblin's landing was going nowhere, as he looked upon the first warning he had received upon joining where rule number 6 is No Trolling/Impersonating: Post as yourself. If your username is a character name from a movie or a famous person, post as yourself, not said character. Everybody knows you are not a made up character. Posting as one just annoys everyone. You will be banned if you do this. If you actually are a famous person then please prove so before being allowed to post as that person, to which the goblin then wondered whether the fact that what one sees are words on a screen had crossed the mind of the person who made up those rules now, saying "...ok, so how does one compromise to this here, but why should one compromise now, and moreover even if one were to replace the goblin with something else, what one thinks of as oneself even, that would just be be another representation now, where let's face it, each written word represents a concepts that collectively form the persona of the poster, for no one is here, it's all just a virtual reality of representation..." mentioned this new non goblin whatever, but by now the goblin was boring with the forum's mindset anyway, yes he would remain polite, accepting the eventual ban or more likely giving up before that, but in his heart he knew once more that this was not a forum that would grow one's persona into oneself, just his landing had reaffirmed all he hated about those type forums anyway, saying "...honestly I'd rather have all my faults than be burdened with half of their virtues..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:33 am

repost from elsewhere, 2nd version

"...ah but no one actually dies on forumland, only that they stop posting..." mentioned the goblin, while outside the bistro the evening's snow had continued since morning-time as a blanket of white firmly besieged the village of chamonix, where naturally the biggest fear, written upon everyone's minds, was at what point would all this snow conjure up that christmas carol music, yes, even one false thought or innocent recollection and the scene would be awash with bing crosby singing "I'm squatting in your brain mortals", the goblin vetted his thoughts carefully now, saying "...it's the time of year that we all live in fear of our sanity going christmushy...", and yes, somewhere out there too, in the looming darkness now, cunning santa was once more beginning to turn those humans into christmas zombies where his subtle extraction of their brains continued unnoticed and more like unmissed too

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:19 am

repost form elsewhere

"...if in america one still hasn't found a job after two years, they take you off the government's unemployment register regardless, simply one is technically not unemployed even though one doesn't actually have a job..." mentioned the goblin thinking upon it, continuing "...so what does that tell you about the true unemployment figures in america today, I mean is one supposed to believe the government's official unemployment figure of 9.1% to be anything representative of their reality now...", but the goblin's biggest concern was elsewhere in that during the great depression of the thirties one in ten people lived in the city whereas today it's more like one in ten that doesn't

164 954 10214
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:21 am

repost from elsewhere

"...being anonymous, any notion of fame and fortune does not relate to my posts, where perhaps it's just the price for an ageless faceless freedom here..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...where oddly too, for all my being anonymous I still find myself looking at the thread's hitcount to gage its readership, where unknown I still sense this audience with its feeling of deadline albeit as an unknown author towards unknown readers..." but there was something else, for the goblin counterbalanced his dailylife with his posting, so if ever these posts were to become part his dailylife through fame and fortune, then knowing him he'd probably just counterbalance his dailylife elsewhere with yet another anonymous persona, as in just writing anonymously to get away from writing officially, just running away through writing perhaps, saying "...well I imagine I'm not the only one who writes in reaction to the stress of one's dailylife now, so fame and fortune it certainly isn't, but if you've read this far, and if the hitcount is what it is, then shouldn't I just be happy that somebody like you has kept me company even if we don't know each other and this is all that it will ever be..."

Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:08 am

This is a cool place to drop into - a great stress reliever for readers as well as writers.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:25 pm

(the goblin liked Ann, as he did everyone else here, saying "...it's funny how forum readership is evolving now, I feared at one point for the future of forumland, because the number of new forums had decreased while facebook and twitter had expanded in their place, while again the blog world seemed stagnant, and I think we all know how that bookworld is...", the goblin paused a moment thinking of those readers without time to read much and wanting to reply too, whereupon the goblin just continued "...but the forums I am on all seem to be picking up again, if only because the reader has something short to read, and can reply to it too, meaning nothing for myself bar the fact that although in the end of course I'll fail to conquer forumland now, but at least I'll fail with an ever greater margin then, and what a wonderful way to go out too, just going down posting...")

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Hmmm... you are a rather... interesting individual, fleamailman. But why is your username not Goblin, then? Or some variation of it? Or is the point that you are a goblin, with the name fleamailman? Is fleamailman a name in goblin-speak? Sanamagatutu seems more goblinish to me. Welcome to this forum.

"...because a livewriter, well for want of a better word that is, chooses a persona that easy to remember but then sticks to a username that's easy to find..." replied the goblin, continuing "...in that most people are not going to remember someone's username off hand, for example unfortunately I doubt I'll remember yours straight off, though the persona is more like an object, for example the brain remembers seeing someone's dog, cat, or their goblin too, though they'll won't remember that pet's name, whereas the trick for the username is slightly different, in that with a unique username anyone interested in finding you in a google search, can, whereas someone with a common username like goblin is near impossible to find, but fleamailman being unique throws up a somewhat chequered history of someone I'd rather prefer to disown at this point..."

Last edited by fleamailman on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:16 pm

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Do you always refer to yourself in the third-person? Glad to have you here anyway.

"...well I never write otherwise..." replied the goblin, loving this forum for its tolerance towards him, continuing "...simply, one has to ask oneself why most writers narrate their works with such amazing fluidity but then when it came to their posts it all seems some dull directness each time, where isn't it the truth that that author is still the same author in both his published works and his posts too, so perhaps more authors should stop compromising to that boringly dull norm and give their readers their fiction writing style instead, I mean what a waste of obvious talent and imagination...", all lies of course, in fact the goblin was no more in control of his writing habit than an alcoholic was on that drinking habit, sighing "...ah, but who needs an excuse for a habit anyway, the words just flow from my pen mortals, and besides, what would forumland gain if I ever pretended to be one of you greedy humans now...", at which point the slot just reminded the goblin not to make the post too long as normal people didn't read this far

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:26 am

repost from elsewhere

"...welcome to our forum here and to forumland in general too..." went the goblin, doing his bit to welcome those who had welcomed him, continuing "...where in fact for all its outward appearance of diversity you'll probably only ever meet four types of humans on forumland here, their being, the ignorant who don't know of your posts, the morons who ignore your posts, the sheep who read your posts, and the nutters who actually reply...", at which point the goblin, who felt that he had covered the topic of forum readership to a tee here, asked "...so does this in-depth analysis get me the nobel prize for literature I wonder..."

164 959 10233
Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:40 am

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:23 pm

repost from elsewhere

"...ah now, the reader only ever sees the written words and reads the author's vision from them..." replied the goblin liking the poster indeed, adding "...though, in fact what each reader reads into those written words is individual here, so the reader is blind as I pointed out before as all one ever actually sees here are these letters on a screen that form words in your mind that in their turn form those visions now, so we deal in visions perhaps, ah but that doesn't make it real at all, no it just makes it fiction, where fiction is what is done here because all but none of it can be proved anyway...", and perhaps that was what was meant by virtual reality at this point, and yet didn't most writers deal in virtual reality long before this internet ever came along

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:32 am

repost from elsewhere

"...I suppose that because it's a book, and not a post, it is so different now..." started the gobin now, continuing "...but if for conjecture's sake we were to put "receiving a rejection" in the context of forumland, then moddy becomes that agent where his or her silent treatment would indicate the exact opposite to that drawn in the bookworld, one of an acceptance towards that which is submitted, so, if anything, silent treatment actually becomes silent encouragement by way of that silence, just one accepts the moderation without undue fear of rejection, yet it is clearly publishing all the same being something read by anyone here...", whereupon the goblin appreciated the many posts on this thread for their wise observations, but had also understood that had this been some library book on "the faults of forumland", no one would have bothered to pick it off the shelf for their increasingly limited reading time, yet because it's just a few bite sized posts open for comment upon, its readership speaks for itself, so the goblin just put it this way, saying "...doesn't this all show the difference in direction between the two mediums, where in the bookworld there is too much content chasing too few readers, hence the agent's cold stance, whereas with forumland it's too many readers chasing too little content, hence the forum's welcoming stance...", the goblin was just saying, ever so politely too, that perhaps the writer's focus was all in the wrong direction, that their approach was utterly outdated too, and above all, that those writers only had themselves to blame for their own stubbornness when around them was this sea of forumland readership just crying out for them to use their pens directly upon it

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:38 am

repost from elsewhere

Quote :
Well you may have just thrown me again. Is livewriting some kind of official genre almost? I'm not up with all the genres out there, and find it all a bit compartmentalized. I mean, what the **** is steampunk? Soon we'll be afraid to write a sentence in case the first and last half fall into different sub-sub-sentence-genres, disqualifying it before we even reach the full stop, which might have been a damn fine full stop indeed if we'd only screwed it all and just tapped the thing in, like some kind of cool desperado riding the wind into new sentences. Anyway, don't answer my question about livewriting, I'll look it up, and think of a few questions to ask you about it afterwards ... maybe. I hate mysteries. Some, anyway.

"...sorry then, can't resist replying now..." replied the goblin here, continuing "...think of "live" as forum/venue thread/stage and you/act here, so that explains why it's called "live" as opposed to ebooks or blogs, which are less interactive now being more one way as in from its author to its readers, inviting comments or feedback perhaps, but hardly an even keel as in like here between us now...", but there was something more, saying "...well, asking "what is livewriting" is a bit like asking "what is forumland" as it differs from person to person where I imagine xxxxx has his view and sees it differently, but for me at it simplest, it's an ordinary poster who does a post like anyone else does here, but then, instead of just discarding that post by posting it to the thread moving on to something else, he posts it but then stores a copy for himself to edit into something more in tune with what he actually meant to say there, later, when he edited the post again into something finished and more to his liking, he posts it to yet another forum both as a backup to keep it safe and in the hope that it gets a reply that feed him further, aka writing in an air/edit/backup context, livewriting is writing within one's posts then..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:34 am

repost from elsewhere

"...so greece now receives a bailout of 8billion dollars form the IMF, and yet it's deficit of 150% to GDP is about 1.5 trillion dollars here, meaning that that 8billion only pays the interest due on ongoing debt..." mentioned the goblin again noting that nothing has actually been solved by it, everything is merely shelved till later, so this then is our debt crisis in action, simply time and time again some deferment is given out to be an actual solution where in reality it is but a stop gap measure here, adding "...think of the titanic then, yes europe might look like the upper deck here, but in reality those debts are flooding in on all levels, an america that can't contain its military expansionism, all in the name of democracy no less, and a europe on the never never, just a ship of fools if ever there was one on an ocean of debt..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:16 am

repost from introduction section here, finished

and with that that goblin knew he had yet another chance to welcome yet more talent to this forum, saying "...well, you write amongst your readers on forums, whereas a book is more like seeing a good film perhaps, where all this writing within the confines of a forum now, um, isn't it more like livewriting as in forum/venue thread/stage and you/act, so come take your place amongst us now, for we become your verbal readership with you, just it's the difference between that cinema there out there and this theater here, but it's so rewarding all the same...", "...stop it goblin, she'll think you mad now..." went the chorus in the background, "...ah no, not that wretched sanity again, been there done that too, no, all this writing is just so much better, besides fiction is always part madness isn't it, where any sane plot is just too obvious..." replied the goblin with a welcoming smile

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:38 am

repost from elsewhere, to a very talented admin/writer that fed up with being rejected by the wizard of oz

"...really rejection is no big deal, just you're writing for some cheap external thus cheapening yourself by it, therefore when those external doesn't match your expectations you seem to shatter like glass, but after that shattering you're still here just like that urge within you to write still pushes your pen ever back to its paper too, simply you return to being that admin/writer/captain that we all respect you for here..." remarked the goblin, adding "...however, if ever you get to the stage where you feel your works to be of more value than any of their base opinions of those who refuse to publish your works hold, then just give away part of your works over their heads, and in spite of them too, like I have done here, moreover you're an admin now, you have your very own means of publishing before your eyes, so chin up, I mean surely you want this forum to really become the most viewed writer's forum on forumland for its/your direct content here, without those links away, with writers exhibiting their writing abilities enticing readers from far and wide towards their personas by what they write, the real name of the game in my view, or would you still prefer this forum to be just another run of the mill writer's workshop that plays some second fiddle to that declining wizard of oz publishing world, a mere here for elsewhere each time, no those type writer's forums abound already and oh how they cheat the passing reader here by their elsewhereness too, look, I'm really on your side if you would care to be on your own side too, for your readers await you now, so let the wizard of oz sulk and give of yourself instead, your turn now..."

Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 4321
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:32 pm

Dear Goblin,
I always appreciate the effort you put into your posts, the polish, the pictures, the philosophy.

I think, sometimes, that we are each and every one of us a cell of original thought. Perhaps we are the only one who understands the thought. But I believe that we are looking out for a cognizant recepticle that will read our thought as if it was their very own and understand who we are.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:08 am

(the goblin always liked Betty, and this forum too, and although his contribution was meager it was in its way fairly constant, saying "...yes, I've been editing my posts of late, simply I wouldn't like something to happen to me only to note that all is unfinished, or worse have others see that it is such...", in fact, even if it did actually mean anything in itself, those days of being the only livewriter had given way to quite a few others now, which was good because that was what the goblin got to read out of it)

repost from elsewhere

"...well now, life is always readying one's replies isn't it..." and, upon voicing that line to himself once more, the goblin was back where he had first heard its conjecture there, just sat in front of a grumpy middle aged man in a smoky candlelit coffeeshop, one who refuted everything with everyone, admittedly all in a class of his own but well hated for it too, simply a philosophertype who kind of left one in no doubt in one's mind as to why one should give socratics another chalice of hemlock, where the goblin hated the old man too, for his saying "...forget it, look at yourself now, what would you at your tender age possibly know about anything, nothing, whereas me, I just ready my replies because it returns, it all returns eventually, and if something doesn't return, what of it, one still knows the reply for oneself now, so that's your life for you now, it's just readying regardless of outcome here...", perhaps the best lessons are those one hates most for their being not easily forgotten, "...yes, and you still know nothing, don't you goblin..." went the voice in the background once more, "...perhaps it was all nothing anyway..." replied the goblin to that ghost now

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:34 am

repost from elsewhere

then suddenly in an expected moment the goblin simply turned to the captain and asked "...say what, can I marry you...", "...well you already did that goblin..." she replied breaking into a smile at the absurdity of it, whereupon the goblin added "...oh, I did, really, gosh how wise of me too...", and with that it just became another something between them, something that the goblin never quite forget, nor mentioned again either, perhaps knowing that it would lose its value if he ever did, and yet, upon reaching journey's end he felt he might just risk asking it one last time, hoping that she would smile as she once had, yes that would be something

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:47 am

repost from elsewhere

"...think of it this way, if you actually like what you have written then it's good regardless, whereas if you write that which you yourself don't like then no matter how good others might actually think it is, and however correctly written too, it is actually bad simply because it's fake and not you, where also if I were to correct you now, then by each correction you would lose a part of your individuality to me by it, so this is the very process of cloning that I hate most on these writer's forums and dailylife workshops..." replied the goblin wondering if he could put it another way, saying "...think of painting then, each artist borrows something either from his predecessors or from a certain school of painting, but at some point he knows he has to break away from that crowd, simply thinking upon those artists that we most remember today, well, did they follow the rules, indeed yes they did, yet from there they branched off on their own, so my critic becomes poison to you, where instead can I offer you a real sense of audience here and a feeling of deadline now, so come and post with me anytime, where to post is to publish, yes, but more than that even, your readers want the rapport that only posts can offer..."

Back to top Go down
vampireheartauthor
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:12 am

Like what you have written? Wonders the vampire. Then what about the Bible? Did they like what they wrote? Or did they just write it whether or not it was good and they would get people to believe in what they wrote? For there are many variations of the Bible but the message is the same if you believe, not because it is good.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:22 pm

("...the bible is something written by many authors and translated many times, I personally don't join any faith feeling that it's the internal, and not the external, that is what actually saves one, simply one's relationship to god is direct where those who manipulate god's word to conform to their ways of worship was the cause of the mess and division one sees in christianity today..." mentioned the goblin not wishing to tread on anyone's toes but remaining devoutly distant from the church)

repost from elsewhere, and "introduction" section somewhere

"...ah no, I won't critic you ever, for what would I know about your humans ways..." replied the goblin in his welcome here, preferring each writer to build upon that bedrock of their own experience rather than blindly accepting those shortcuts from others here, adding "...besides, if I correct you now, then part of you become me by it, writers become agent smiths like that, where perfect is always so mundane and where correct is predictable, so no, how about I become your avid reader here instead, offering you some sense of involved audience and a feeling of eager deadline here, so what say you human, drop base motivations for mere habit, for those readers are no further from you than this screen is, simply you pull them to your pen by your posts, while all the while, death looks on and time ticks away those seconds in the background..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:55 am

repost from elsewhere, shadow posting to the "Best way to try and describe flashback memories......." thread

and before he knew it back the goblin was there then, just a dusty seat on a school bus surrounded by the other morons of his class, that commandant who never smiled, and a girlfriend with an apparent lack of taste in boyfriends, and everyone just doing this "school-bus outing" to wherever wet dreary england typically offered those whose hearts actually yearned for topless ladies on tropical beaches instead, "...well, it's an outings after all, and as such a chance to show the world one's better side I imagine..." voiced the goblin to his girlfriend, biding his time for the prof to bore of his lecturing everyone upon the apparent detractions of an educational system that encouraged those around him to turn out like those around him had, "...no, you're not going to, surely..." his girlfriend lied with one huge smile of expectation now, whereupon the goblin then crawled up upon the back seat dropped his pants and stuck his bum to the cold window to the awaiting motorists below, saying "...oh yes, I owe so much to my education it seems, where this is one of those all important traditions that youth enacts on school outings, where regret is for the old at heart..."

Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:49 am

repost from elsewhere, the "please critic my work" thread

"...often it's hard to critic anything when one doesn't know who the intended audience is..." mentioned the goblin, adding "...besides, that truth is that it doesn't matter how one writes something because the reader, if enthralled, will quickly grow accustomed to any writing style as long as it remains constant throughout, very much like when one first hears some scotish accent for example, where invariably, one looks at to the sky half expecting god himself to scoop up a bucket-load of kippers to rain down upon one in some heavenly cascade, and where too, after a while one doesn't even notice it, no simply one gets used to the deluge of it then..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the last person to post here wins   

Back to top Go down

the last person to post here wins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Comedy and Games-
Jump to: