Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...

Go down 
+5
Carol Troestler
Abe F. March
Shelagh
Pam
PhilipHarris
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PhilipHarris

PhilipHarris

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-01-21

FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... Empty
PostSubject: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 9:38 am

Hi

Thought I would share this with you-I do not get here too often-sorry-3 books in the works, articles and radio plus my day job-so, to recompense, have a free read of my best selling book.

Phil

We have another free book for you at PsiTek.

Read Jesus Taught It Too (The Early Roots Of The Law Of Attraction) here:
=> http://www.psitek. net/new

The teachings of Jesus form the basis of the Christian religion.
But many of his sayings and stories have been so well-known across the world for so long that rarely does the average person look closely at what Jesus was really trying to explain.
Assumptions about the meanings of his words have often been accepted without question and simply passed down from generation to generation.
In a unique and insightful book, author Philip Harris re-examines many of these famous, ancient quotes and suggests that Jesus actually had a precise understanding of The Law of Attraction.
And he argues that this knowledge about Universal Law is what really lies at the heart of the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Despite Jesus Taught It Too being a top seller in the Law of Attraction category at Amazon.com, Mr Harris has donated his work to PsiTek to be freely published online for the benefit of readers across the world.

Read Jesus Taught It Too (The Early Roots Of The Law Of Attraction) here:
=> http://www.psitek. net/new

All the best,
Simon Templeton

PsiTek - "Free Metaphysical Books"
http://www.psitek. net/index2. html
Back to top Go down
http://dickens111.tripod.com/theliteraryworksofphilipharris
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:27 am

I wonder why we continue to atrribute so much to what Jesus said or didn't say, did or didn't do, when actually, we don't have a clue about much of what he said because there's so much that has been twisted through translation and the development of puncutation.
Sometimes I tire of it, and just would like people to think a little more along the lines of "there's room for everyone to play nicely in the sandbox. Now go out and be good." Am I the only person who feels that way? Anyone reading With or Without God by Gretta Vosler?
FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... Playnice
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
PhilipHarris

PhilipHarris

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 11:42 am

In a Walgreen world, I would agree. The problem, as you say, is that so much has been crammed down people's minds that they rely on what others tell you that Jesus and other masters said. They did basically say-go play nice-that is the major point of the book. We need people to think on there own and rid themselves of centuries of misleading dogma. This book is not at all religious but rather shows that if we think for ourselves, we will find that all of the great teachings concur that the bottom line is that it is we who create our world, and that we must assume responsibility for our creations.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 12:05 pm

"...if we think for ourselves, we will find that all of the great teachings concur that the bottom line is that it is we who create our world, and that we must assume responsibility for our creations."

Well said!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 12:16 pm

Pam,
to my knowledge, Jesus never wrote anything down. What we have is what others say that he said. A philosophy of goodness and a way to live is good. To get out the magnifying glass and examine each word of man-written scripture, with the many errors in translation, is absurd.
I subscribe to the quote Shelagh made.
Back to top Go down
PhilipHarris

PhilipHarris

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 12:19 pm

I agree, Abe. The problem is that so many attribute so much to what we know is false-time to break the illusion!
Back to top Go down
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 12:23 pm

I like that phrase "responsibility for our creations" - it says a lot and I completed agree with you. My frustration is that we must tell people over and over what it means to be a human being. As you say, if not for the Walgreen world...or Walmart in my neck of the woods...we'd probably enjoy a lot more time with people that we love and doing the things that we love.

I know that Jesus didn't write it Abe, others have. I was just hoping we weren't attributing things that aren't there, and it seems I shot off my thoughts a bit too quickly before making certain...
Back to top Go down
PhilipHarris

PhilipHarris

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 1:05 pm

I think that perhaps part of our problem is that we do try to "tell" people how to be human. In the process of telling we lose our inate ability to experience and take responsibility for our lives. Everyone is looking for someone to tell them what to do, what to think, how to dress, what to eat, what is the real joy of living.
Perhaps our problem is that we need to just live a life to our highest and by example "show" others how to be happy. Walk our talk. I wrote the book because so many people have been "told" what was said or what was meant and most "blindly" accept the dogma.
I believe that the time is drawing near when we shall finally "see" the truth of the Universe and from the ashes, we will rise.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 2:30 pm

You have to be old to realise that you know very little. The young know everything. It would be wonderful if the young could learn from the mistakes of the old but nature doesn't work that way and the young will insist upon learning from their own mistakes, as we did when we were young.

It's interesting about being told. I've invited hundreds of authors to join in on the forum but they decline. They want to be told how to sell their books, they don't want to spend the time learning. "Tell me what to do and I will do it, whatever it is." If only it were that simple!

When you say that 'we shall finally "see" the truth of the Universe and from the ashes, we will rise', you are talking about a minority. The majority will always have to be told and led.

Last edited by Shelagh on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PhilipHarris

PhilipHarris

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 3:06 pm

They are not mistakes if we learn form them. Yes, I had to put my hand into the fire, regardless of what I was told, and experience the pain. Was it a mistake-or did I then become wise in the ways of fire?
People do like to led, but I feel that the old ways are crumbling-we shall see a new paradigm-if not, we shall perish the way of the dinasaur.
Back to top Go down
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 7:09 pm

I hope you are right Phil and that people will embrace a shift from being led. I worked for many years with people who said "just tell me what to do and I'll do it" and found, as you have Shelagh that they didn't want to learn. Refused to take responsibility and instead complained that life was too hard or unjust. Really I found that they wanted someone to do it all for them, which is sad. No wonder that phrase "you can lead a horse to water but cannot make him drink" has such sticktuitiveness.
One aspect I see with the acceptance (indeed embracing) of writing like your book Phil is that some people seem to be making a shift from relying on technology (i.e. a technologial age) to looking for wisdom (could it be we are moving into an age of wisdom?). It's an interesting time to be a human being for sure, and I am glad that we can explore it here, think out loud as it were and talk some of it through. FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... Scratchchin
Back to top Go down
PhilipHarris

PhilipHarris

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 4:23 am

All signs point to change and all mystics, past and present agree that our day will come-as the saying goes-if not now, when?

Responsibility is a major issue and pervades all of my writng, from WAKING GOD to the Law of Responsibility as told in the Jesus book-until we acceot responsibility we let others create the reality and they have not, and we by default, done a very good job-time to learn our lesson and raise our vision.

I would agree that an Age of Wisdom is upon us, despite appearances, and it has been aided by the technology that allows us, like here, to share, grow and learn.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyMon Apr 07, 2008 5:25 am

The search for truth has been and continues to be endless. The problem is that most don’t recognize the truth even when they see it. They go about seeking truth with pre-conceived ideas about what truth is. Just as “beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” truth as perceived by many is also in the eye of the beholder. Shelagh referenced the age factor and there is much to be said for age. Life’s experiences instill wisdom that cannot be found in books. Sometimes we know things and don’t always know why we know them. The subconscious stores things and often prompts us. Often people will say that they had a “gut” feeling about something. That is most likely the subconscious mind trying to steer them on the right path.
This is an interesting subject that can elicit many responses in the endless search for truth.
Back to top Go down
davidaha

PostSubject: My first read of Jesus Taught It too   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 4:46 am

Phil I just read most of your book and would like to get a copy of it in Word-RTF to incorporate into other books.

As a study guide it reveals what is necessary to understand that until Quantum physics was telling us energy and matter are interconnected things continued as it was 2000 years ago ... Edison in 1901 displayed the electric light bulb at the Paris fair and the pessimists were saying when this fair closes no more would be heard of the electric light bulb.

What our present generation is doing is uncovering the secrets found in both Western and Eastern mysticism through the use of our energized minds.

With that comes a sense of great responsibility to re-examine the spiritual energy behind the physical.

David
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 6:25 am

This is a great thread. Welcome Phil.

As a child, my family was very involved in an organized religion. But it wasn't about rules, but about people doing what they thought Jesus would have wanted them to.

One of the experiences where I learned the most, was when our teen group was going to give a play, had pounded together and painted scenery. The priest and janitor decided to throw out the scenery, not realizing what it meant to us. So we went to the priest and expressed how we felt. The priest and janitor were waiting outside the lumbar yard the next morning and had made us new scenery by the end of the day. I learned more from that experience than from any sermon or rules.

And speaking of creating, is speaking of something dynamic, evolving, ever growing.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 7:19 am

I wonder if the set that was created for you meant more than the one you had built yourselves?
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 8:18 pm

Although this sounds like a mundane incident in this important topic, a friendship from that time has returned. As children we had the same influences of Jesus, but our lives took different paths, as we each created our own responsibility. I think all we have learned, all the wisdom, the beginnings we have in this life as children, all contribute, but only contribute.

I create with words. My friend creates with paper. She had made a large paper bowl, and needed to take it to a gallery exhibit, but could not because it was raining and the bowl would not have withstood the rain. Sometimes ideas are like the paper bowl, susceptible to melting in the rain, creations that we are told and try to protect, but could as easily cease to exist like the scenery..

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 9:49 pm

Interesting place for what appears to be a discussion about religion and not specifically the book mentioned to the first post. Being LDS (Mormon) my religious views are probably different than all of my fellow authors here (unless there's another Mormon amongst us) and I usually don't speak of religious topics with people who make it evident (as has been done here) that they're not interested. I don't mean not interested in religion in a general safe way, but in a way that talks about specifics like Jesus Christ and what his role was. I will mentioned a couple things I believe concerning Jesus Christ. I believe Jesus Christ did create the heavens and the earth and all things that live in the heavens and the earth. I believe He has lived on this earth and that did die for our sins (atonement). Of course, these are things that most Mormons believe.

Charlie
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 11:40 pm

Charlie said: "I will mentioned a couple things I believe
concerning Jesus Christ. I believe Jesus Christ did create the heavens
and the earth and all things that live in the heavens and the earth. I
believe He has lived on this earth and that did die for our sins
(atonement). Of course, these are things that most Mormons believe."

Charlie,
I respect your religion and your right to your religious views. However I have a problem with your statement from an historical standpoint. How could Jesus Christ create the heavens and the earth when he had not yet been born when that occurred? Perhaps you meant to use the word "God."

If this thread was intended as a discussion on religion it would have been better placed on the religious category thread.

There has been a good amount of discussion on religious topics, primarily about the historical aspects. I don't believe there was any intent to have discussions about religious philosophy. That is best left for the church unless there is a specific category for philosophy - the most contentious of all.

And Charlie, I value your friendship.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 2:19 am

Hi Abe,

I think it is generally accepted among many Christian religions that although Jesus was the Son of God, God is three in one: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit:

God Is Three In One

The followers of any faith do not follow the literal side of their chosen religion but the meanings, ideas and teachings behind those literal events and happenings. It doesn't matter to believers if science can prove that miracles did not occur -- they were physical events that coincided with the presence of a religous figure. Believers take their minds to a place that is beyond real explanation and accept things that modern day science has dispelled. How else could they become true believers? Faith and reality do not get along.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 5:52 am

"The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know. The more I realize I don't know, the more I want to learn." ~ Albert Einstein

Funny thing about the trinity. I remember looking it up in the Encyclopedia Britannica when I was around 13. The priest had talked about it during mass. Interesting stuff there.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 6:42 am

Concerning the trinity. That is a contentious subject where people have bashed their heads in over it around 300 A.D. There is a large segment of Christians that don't believe in the trinity.
Therefore, it comes down to a question of philosophy. The disparity in beliefs is not just between different religions but also within the Christian faith.

There have been enough wars over religion and I don't intend to be part of a new one here. I respect everyone's right to their belief, whatever that is.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 7:24 am

So...

What would Jesus do if he was a Moslem?
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 8:56 am

... instead of a Jew?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 9:54 am

First, let me apologize to Phil. For my part, I'm sorry that the posts in this thread have taken away from the purpose of promoting your book. Hopefully, we can go back to your original post and perhaps tie this discussion (which should be placed elsewhere) in so that the focus and purpose isn't entirely lost. Please do that fellow posters.

Abe, I value your friendship as well, as I do everybody here. Differences of opinion on anything shouldn't stand in the way of that. Whether it be religion, spirituality, politics or whatever, we should try to show respect to everyone's views.

Now, I will answer your question as I believe. This is from your post directly after my first post. Jesus was alive when the heavens and the earth were created. We (LDS) believe that the birth we experience on this earth, into mortality, is our second birth. We are all, including Jesus (who at that time was known as Jehovah), alive before in spirit form. This is the form that Jesus (Jehovah) held when He created the heavens and the earth.

Good luck on the sells of your book, Phil.

Charlie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...   FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO... Empty

Back to top Go down

FREE-JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next