Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

MORAL DILEMMA Ch. 2 and 3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reidjackson

reidjackson

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-11-20

MORAL DILEMMA Ch. 2 and 3 Empty
PostSubject: MORAL DILEMMA Ch. 2 and 3   MORAL DILEMMA Ch. 2 and 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:10 am

MORAL DILEMMA Ch. 2 and 3 Icon_santa CH. 2 FAST JACK

He was moving along smoothly as the wheels clicked over the separations in the sidewalk- tic-tic-tic. Jack was a striking figure in his wheelchair. A fit specimen in a

Wheelchair with a short crew cut dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt with odd stainless steel caps just below his knees adding to his total look of mystic and curiosity. His lower legs had been shot off. His upper body was muscular with his arms betraying his strength. He had a square jaw and was an attractive man topped with pure blonde hair. Judging from his arm length he would be six feet two and weigh two hundred and twenty pounds if he still had all of his legs. The smell of trash wafted casually as the shadows were seizing the deserted street.

The two gang members had been watching Jack for a few minutes from the dark alley smoking their noxious weed, their exhaled smoke drifting out into the fading light. They noticed he was dressed as if he might have a bit of cash. Both were dressed in ganger type outfits and had the usual tattoos denoting their gang affiliation. They wore oversized colorful pro football jackets with baggy jeans hanging low on their buttocks. Tattoos’ were on their hands and necks. This was going to be easy, they thought, as they walked up to Jack. They crossed the street passing a car without tires sitting on the pavement, stripped of anything that made it a car. The wheels looked naked without the tire and rims sitting on the pavement.

“Hey man, you get around in dat wheelchair man.”

Jack didn’t respond but just kept tic-tic-tic. “Hey man, I’s yakin at ya.”

“Fuck off, punks.” Snapped Jack”

The two gangers looked at each other and grinned. “Hey bro we need some cash.”

Jack stopped his wheelchair and looked up at the two punks, “You boys better get home before you get hurt.”His eyes revealed his steady look of defiance.

“Youse a smart mouth muther for a dickhead.”

Then the larger of the two reached out to grab Jack with his left hand and his right hand produced a six inch switchblade. Jack was faster than Muhammad Ali thrusting a jab. He caught the punk’s left hand and twisted it back and down with his strength and rammed his fist into the punk’s face knocking him flat on his ass. The other Punk froze for a second at the speed of this homey in the wheelchair.

He then reached for his blade, but as he did Jack threw a three point Ninja star and stuck him in the forehead. The other one got off the ground bleeding from the mouth. The ganger pulled a gun from his hip, as his hand was swinging to get a shot, Jack thumped his elbow against his side, and a wrist gun strapped to his forearm snapped into Jack`s hand--- `kapow`. The wrist gun instantly stopped the assailant’s life forces and he dropped lifeless to the ground.

The quiet was deafening as Jack stared at the two on the ground. The blood was coloring the black pavement, a black pool of life exiting the man’s life.

ddd

As the confrontation was happening a window watcher caught the action on a video camera. He was a video hobbyist who often would film the street from his apartment window. He kept an eye on the street always ready to film anything that happened. He happened to see the drama unfold and grabbed his camera off the window sill. He filmed the entire confrontation and then he called 911 and the local TV station.

The San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) arrived talking to Jack and the video man.

“We reviewed the video that the witness took; you definitely acted in self defense.”

“Had no choice officer.”

“You have a permit to carry a gun?”

“Yes sir.”

Morning News-KJTV-(SAN FRANCISCO)

They ran the video revealing the assault. “This is KJTV speaking to Jack Frazzel who was attacked by two assailants in the video which he dispatched with lighting speed and deft maneuvers from his wheelchair. Mr. Frazzel you must have had training to react as quickly as you did and you used a Ninja type devise to thwart one of the assailants. What kind of training do you have?”

“I’m an x-seal retired from the Navy.”

“It’s obvious the way you defended yourself. It was dangerous to take on two but you didn’t hesitate.”

“It was my training, I acted instinctively without thinking.”

“From the video it was evident they meant harm.”

“Yes, I had no choice.”

“As you can see, Jack Frazzel defended himself from certain harm. We are grateful for the witness who filmed this; this is Connie Brinks from KJTV from San Francisco.”

ddd

The interview closed, Ron Papasinsky was watching the telecast from his private detective office as he was finishing a case his agency had closed He thought, that was impressive for a guy in a wheel chair; he was fast and methodical defending himself. I might have a job for him. Ron called the police and got Jacks phone number. Ron knew the police well as he had worked with them on several cases. Jack agreed to come by his detective agency. Angie his daughter asked when Jack was coming to the agency,

she was impressed watching the video.

CH. 3 BACK TO TOPEKA

The killer of The Unholy Priest returned home, he lived in Topeka, Kansas, he checked in at work. Captain Russell Brock saw Larry arrive. Larry was hard to miss. He was six foot five, lanky build, good looking, and had silvery brown hair that gave him a look of a distinguished judge or successful business CEO. Captain Brock made a snide remark, “there’s that lazy detective whose case load is off the charts.”

“No problem, I’m gonna retire soon.”

“I remember in high school you were retired then too.”

The two had known each other as kids. They both grew up in Oakland adjacent to the Kaw River. Then it was a peaceful area and kids did what kids did, no drugs or gangs, it was a good place to live. Captain Brock (Bud by nickname) and Larry were always bantering and still are.

Larry returned to his parent’s house, he lived there alone now, his parents passed on. He has a sister who lives in Oakland, married with a daughter and husband. The solitude at home forced him to recall. Damn serial killer, I wanted to get him before he killed that lady. I need to react a little faster after I have my vision. That makes three now. These damn killers are sprouting like weeds. I don’t like killing but I hate to think of the innocent victims. I must continue on. The FBI should be looking for me. By now they have a profile on me.

I`m ready for plan B if they come sniffing around Topeka.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freado.com/book/5100/MORAL-DILEMMA
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

MORAL DILEMMA Ch. 2 and 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MORAL DILEMMA Ch. 2 and 3   MORAL DILEMMA Ch. 2 and 3 EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:50 am

I ditto my remark on Chapter one.
You have an action-packed writing style.
Back to top Go down

MORAL DILEMMA Ch. 2 and 3
Page 1 of 1