Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Available "Host Blog" for Blog Tours

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Available "Host Blog" for Blog Tours Empty
PostSubject: Available "Host Blog" for Blog Tours   Available "Host Blog" for Blog Tours EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:25 am

My WordPress blog Malcolm's Round Table focuses on books, Glacier National Park, writing, and related issues. I post a fair number of book reviews there and have hosted authors on book tours from time to time.

Most recently, Pat Bertram was there to talk about her new book DAUGHTER AM I. Chelle Cordero will be there soon to talk about CHAUNCE OF RICHES.

Intuitively, I believe readers prefer interviews over book blurbs, even if the interviews talk a lot about the new book. Pat and I talked a lot about her gangster research for DAUGHTER AM I in one post; in the next one, we talked about the nature of her main character's quest. This gave readers value for having stopped there.

Chelle, on the other hand, likes the idea of guest articles which include a tagline about the author, possibly with a picture and a book cover. I recently posted one on her Xanga blog and she's returning to Malcolm's Round Table with an article soon...probably between 250 and 700 words.

If any of you are doing book promotion, either via an organized tour or randomly, take a look at Malcolm's Round Table and see if the ambiance fits what you're trying to do. If you want to include the blog in your your, send me a private message and let me know when.

If you want to do an interview, send me a website URL where I can learn more about your book. You might also suggest some questions I might ask you that will bring out the themes and plot points you're highlighting.

Or, suggest an article you might write. When it's ready, you can send it to me via e-mail along with pix and covers for me to include.

Let me know if this works for anyone.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com

Available "Host Blog" for Blog Tours
Page 1 of 1