Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Review blurbs for Shades of Gray

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jessica

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Review blurbs for Shades of Gray Empty
PostSubject: Review blurbs for Shades of Gray   Review blurbs for Shades of Gray EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Hello all. I just wanted to share a few of the blurbs I've received for my historical book Shades of Gray: A Novel of the Civil War in Virginia.

“Well written and expertly executed… You cannot leave this book unchanged in your understanding of the souls of the Civil War.”
– Heather Froeschl, Book Review Journal

"Shades of Gray" is a beautiful story with a timeless message. It touched my heart and soul.”
– Catherine Bennett, Amazon Reviewer

“This is not a contemporary retelling of the Civil War as much as it is a sympathetic and loving portrait. Interpersonal conflict as well as battlefield conflict make the book a page-turner and quick read.”
Historical Novel Society

“… Exciting, intense, romantic, and thrilling from start to finish.”Bob O’Connor, Author of The Virginian Who Might Have Saved Lincoln

“ I haven’t enjoyed a book so much in years! Shades of Gray is an incredible achievement and a treasure.”
Virginia Morton, Historian/ Author of “Marching Through Culpeper”

“[Emotions] seem to transcend the pages to settle in the very marrow of the reader’s bones. Jessica James has produced a tremendous and wonderful saga about love, loyalty and honor for which she must lauded.”
– Kristin Pace, Bookpleasures.com

“Re-enactors, historians, & followers of The War for Southern Independence will love this novel! It’s fast moving and holds the reader’s interest from cover to cover.”
David Wright, past commander Dearing-Beauregard Camp 1813, Sons of Confederate Veterans

"Readers will find the attention to historical detail impeccable and the characters are so strongly drawn that the history does not eclipse the forward trajectory of the story."
– Foreword Magazine

“‘Shades of Gray’ takes the reader on a whirlwind journey across the Old Dominion with a highly original and historically accurate plotline.”
– Michael Aubrecht, Free Lance-Star

“Exciting read [that] really captures the sense of chivalry and honor.”
– Betty Zeitz, United Daughters of the Confederacy

“…An engaging read. I didn't want to put it down at all. My eyes kept getting heavier and heavier, but I wanted to keep going. I told myself ‘just one more chapter’ at least half a dozen times.”
– Becky Laney, Becky’s Reads

“In its brief, brilliant, and tragic history, the Southern Confederacy exhibited extraordinary valor and devotion and high honor. This should never be forgotten by Americans. As long as there are writers like Jessica James, there is no danger of such forgetting.”
Clyde N. Wilson
Distinguished Professor Emeritus of History, University of South Carolina

"I trust that Jessica James will continue to share her talents in future books. Her work stands out among the best of the historical novelists, and is a worthy addition to the Civil War fiction line-up. Huzzah!"
- Scott Mingus
Back to top Go down
Karina Kantas
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Karina Kantas

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Review blurbs for Shades of Gray   Review blurbs for Shades of Gray EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:42 am

Very impressive. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.urbanhype101.wordpress.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Review blurbs for Shades of Gray   Review blurbs for Shades of Gray EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 6:15 pm

Congratulations, Jessica. These are all excellent blurbs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
equiculture

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Review blurbs for Shades of Gray   Review blurbs for Shades of Gray EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 5:17 am

Thank you Karina and Zada. I'm still very insecure about my writing, but am slowly gaining confidence as more and more people take the time to give feedback.
Jessica
Shades of Gray: A Novel of the Civil War in Virginia heart
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Review blurbs for Shades of Gray   Review blurbs for Shades of Gray EmptyTue Apr 15, 2008 5:23 am

Outstanding reviews. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review blurbs for Shades of Gray   Review blurbs for Shades of Gray Empty

Back to top Go down

Review blurbs for Shades of Gray
Page 1 of 1