Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Power of Persuasion (version1 part 2)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

The Power of Persuasion (version1 part 2) Empty
PostSubject: The Power of Persuasion (version1 part 2)   The Power of Persuasion (version1 part 2) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:17 pm

17th July 1994 Vogue : Platter patter

"BB was born in Wales, Cardiff to be precise. One of London's Hotels was putting on a Welsh Evening and she persuaded me to go along. We invited her parents who are both Welsh, her step-father won twenty-six Welsh Rugby caps, to join us." Welsh? More Bridget Jones than Brigitte Bardot, then.

24th July 1994 Vogue : Platter patter

"Last week, I received a very strange recommendation to try a discreet, Asian restaurant — a hideaway for couples who are not couples (each having their own spouse). We couldn"t resist the intrigue, so BB booked a table for two, for Mr and Mrs Jones. The first tête-à-tête we spotted was between Al Worcester, a lifelong friend of mine, and ? Well, well, well fancy meeting you here. A nod is as good as a wink, won"t say a word, trust me." Trust Nick Crosby? I would not risk it. What is so strange about recommending a secret rendezvous to a married man and his paramour? Surely it is about as strange as recommending a gay bar to a man who enjoys dressing in women's clothes. Is this man naïve, or what?

Nick Crosby was obviously less than blissfully happy. I suppose juggling a career, moving from the family home to single accommodation, finding time to spend with the children, and being sexually active enough to keep a young model satisfied, was quite a strain. The pressure showed only too clearly in the responses printed each week to something he had written the previous week. His insults were so pointed that readers took them personally, and wrote letters full of hurt and indignation. If Mr Crosby was going through a particularly stressful period, taking it out on people who could not answer back proved fruitless. Every week one or two letters were printed in various "letters" columns of the Sunday Guardian. This reflected the fact that many more letters must have poured in, and those printed were carefully selected.

31st July 1994 Vogue : Platter patter

"Forty-one last week." The review that followed described a birthday celebration in a London restaurant, shared with Nick Crosby's agent and two close friends. BB was noticeable only by her absence. A birthday meal without your beloved, now that is strange.

14th August 1994 Vogue : Platter patter

The review was about a visit to a restaurant in one of the shires, and BB was back, but not by name — she was, as before, the Brunette and, in this column, would continue to be the Brunette for the foreseeable future.

21st August 1994 Vogue : Platter patter

"Raspberry shortbread should be a favourite of mine because of my Scottish origins — but on this occasion I decided to pass dessert." A Scot! I live in Scotland but I would not have believed I had anything in common with Nick Crosby.

28th August 1994 Vogue : Platter patter

Nick Crosby is on holiday

28th August 1994 Scrutiny : TV review

Nick Crosby is on holiday
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Persuasion (version1 part 2)   The Power of Persuasion (version1 part 2) EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:25 pm

Do we get Part 3?

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Persuasion (version1 part 2)   The Power of Persuasion (version1 part 2) EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 3:26 am

I've added the first chapter of the published novel -- POP version 2.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Power of Persuasion (version1 part 2)   The Power of Persuasion (version1 part 2) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Power of Persuasion (version1 part 2)
Page 1 of 1