Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Hoping to sell out first print run of first picture book!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Melissa Firth

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Hoping to sell out first print run of first picture book! Empty
PostSubject: Hoping to sell out first print run of first picture book!   Hoping to sell out first print run of first picture book! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 12:21 am

Hello fellow authors!

Scholastic published my first picture book, Fredrik Goes Bananas! back in February. As things turned out, publication coincided with my wedding and also being pregnant, so I´ve been extremely distracted and rubbish at marketing the book.

Scholastic have told me there are "over 1000 copies still available".

https://www.scool.scholastic.com.au/store/Jadehttp.dll?Store&PrdId=7827326&H04=3&promo=&_session=87c8cce166fe0da0

If anyone´s interested, this newbie would love to get into her second print run and would be grateful for purchases or advice. Smile

What´s so great about Fredrik Goes Bananas?
- It has a cute, feathery protagonist (Fredrik is an albatross) as well as bananas in it - your kids will love it!
- It is a sweet, positive story about using your ingenuity and believing in yourself. No moralising tone.
- It has a geothermal and Arctic setting - so you can discuss climate and energy things with your kids

Thanks for checking it out!

Melissa
Back to top Go down
Melissa Firth

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Hoping to sell out first print run of first picture book! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoping to sell out first print run of first picture book!   Hoping to sell out first print run of first picture book! EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi Marie, thanks for your note! I guess I should have mentioned the price is in Australian dollars. I´m not sure Scholastic Aus have sold the rights to the US yet, which may be why it doesn´t come up on Amazon. I´m also discovering that despite Scholastic´s marketing clout, when you´re a new author, a lot of it comes down to your own efforts. Would be interested to know if anyone else has had the same experience?
Back to top Go down

Hoping to sell out first print run of first picture book!
Page 1 of 1