Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Do you believe?

Go down 
+9
alj
Sue
Don Stephens
Domenic Pappalardo
Dick Stodghill
Carol Troestler
JoElle
RunsWithScissors
zadaconnaway
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Do you believe? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 10:37 pm

cc

Last edited by domenic Pappalardo on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:06 pm

In my opinion when you said:

Quote :
Sue, not to say you are wrong when you said it was God...but,....

You were saying I was wrong. I didn't do that to you so I figured rather than go any further we better drop it. You said what you wanted to say. So did I. I am NOT going to reply to anymore on this thread.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:52 pm

clown

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:23 am

I understand Sue.

Domenic, we speak on telephones and write here on the internet. I do not understand how either occurs. But they happen. In ancient or even more modern times they would have been deemed impossible.

If we can do the above, I believe there can also be spirits, angels, or other beings around and about. Some will not believe that is possible.

Your examples made no sense. I would not jump off a cliff and expect a spirit to save me. Those spirits are out there checking that little children don't get hit by cars, not protecting someone foolish.

I might believe differently than Sue does, but that does not mean one of us knows the truth. God has many mansions.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:58 am

"I do not know much about gods" is the opening line of "The Dry Salvages," the third of T. S. Eliot's Four Quartets. I thought of it this morning as I read through the most recent posts on this thread. I do not know much about God either. I believe that this Power is beyond our human ability to "know." What we get, Eliot continues, are, "...hints and guesses,/Hints followed by guesses; and the rest/Is prayer, observance, discipline, thought and action." My perception of this Force involves benevolence, peace, and acceptance, and a Home of, as Carol said, "many mansions." I am reminded of Paul's definition of love or charity, the greatest of his three abiding things, which also include faith and hope. Charity, Paul said, "..is not puffed up." Charity, or love, to my mind, would not intrude on the beliefs of another, but be accepting of the validity other practices and perceptions. Charity, or love, would not try to force a different perception on another.

My perception, anyway.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:20 am

I love the part about "hints and guesses." My feelings exactly.

I made a masterpiece of a scrapbook for my granddaughter for her graduation party yesterday. It was a masterpiece like her life. She was born at five and a half months gestation and weighed a pound and a half. I wrote about her life and put my writing amongst the pictures, drawings she had done and newspaper articles about her successes. I've been saving for this scrapbook for eighteen years.

My other granddaughter helped and the whole process was one of the most endearing projects of my life.

And the spirit part. In the book I tell a story of when she was a little girl and we were planting wildflower seeds in a sunny area by our house in the woods. I was showing her where and how to plant them, but instead she went into the woods, twirled and let the seeds go in the wind. The flowers, that are only supposed to grow in the sun, come up in the woods every year. The day we left our cabin the flowers were blooming, I took their picture, and devoted a whole scrapbook page to the story and picture.

Along with hints and guesses, I would also include symbols, like the flowers blooming, symbols that are sometimes screaming in our faces if we listen to them.

Love, Carol
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:54 am

Quote :
Along with hints and guesses, I would also
include symbols, like the flowers blooming, symbols that are sometimes
screaming in our faces if we listen to them.

Love, Carol

Quote :
For most of us, there is only the unattended
Moment, the moment in and out of time,
The distraction fit, lost in a shaft of sunlight,
The wild thyme unseen, or the winter lightning
Or the waterfall, or music heard so deeply
That it is not heard at all, but you are the music
While the music lasts. (Also from "The Dry Salvages")

I haven't added to the list here, of evidence of "unusual happenings," because I think I wrote about one of my experiences on another thread here. Forgive me if I am repeating myself. I was about six years old. My younger brother was still an infant. One night, my dad woke me up in the middle of the night. He had my little brother bundled on his shoulder. My older brother was with him, blinking and trying to wake up. Dad told us that the house was on fire. He handed the baby to Mom, and she quickly took us out of the house and to a neighbor's. The husband of that house quickly pulled on clothes over his pajamas and rushed to our house. He and my dad fought the fire with garden hoses. By the time the firemen arrived, the fire was nearly out.

The thing was, my mom had dreamed that an evil looking creature was trying to break into the house, coming through the windows at the very place where the fire had started, in a floor furnace between the living room and dining room. As she woke from her dream, and told dad about it, they heard a loud rattling sound coming from that same window. The fire was discovered and contained before any damage was done to the house. The firemen all said that in another few seconds, that whole part of the house itself would have been in flames. It doesn't stop there. Dad noticed that the window drapery was on the floor. The rattling noise had apparently been made by its wooden pole dragging against the window blind as it fell. Next morning, the emergency over, my dad got a ladder to rehang the curtain. He found that the hardware was still in place, not even loose. For the curtain to fall, the pole had to come up and over the hardware.

Everything can be explained naturally, if you are looking for logic, but the number of synchronicities that occurred together in those few vital moments are a sign, to me and my family, that something was looking after somebody, or at least that house. (The original owners never lived in it. They both died on their honeymoon. The house was a wedding gift from their parents.)

Ann
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:59 am

Marie, modern radios are much better than old ones when it comes to drifting. The old one had circuits to prevent it or keep it to a minimun but the new ones are better. We have one newer radio that is a real drifter and it can be annoying, to say the least.
I wasn't trying to put down what you believe, just offering one possible reason. If you believe it, so do I.
Being half Irish, I should be more receptive to fairies and such. More than a hundred years ago two young women who were relatives came over and stayed with my great-grandmother. She had come over 30 years earlier. The first night they went outside and soon came back in saying they had seen the Yankee fairies. They were lightning bugs. It's all in the eye of the beholder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 7:31 am

cc

Last edited by domenic Pappalardo on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 7:42 am

Domenic,

Sue never said God was working through her. Sometimes the different perceptions people get on this board boggle my mind.

And I believe, as Sue, that these beliefs are very personal. And trying to put things from the spirit into words is almost an impossible task.

Like Marie, I also heard you inferences, my perception I guess right or wrong.

Carol
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:00 am

Domenic,

Claiming to have insight into how God works and using blasphemy in the same post does little to encourage us to take you seriously.

Ann
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:50 am

Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:10 am

Marie,
you said, "(But I do believe in a lot of things that I can't see or explain.)"
I'll have to agree with that. I can't see you nor can I explain you, but I believe in what you say.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 2:25 pm

cc

Last edited by domenic Pappalardo on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 2:33 pm

I Corinthians 12: 1-13
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:00 pm

Folks, you're arguing with domenic. His posts never contain a lot of sense, and seldom does he actually add something to a thread.

If you'll stop for a moment and consider the source, you'll see that trying to discuss anything with him is like trying to discuss it with a rock. Well, if it's not a very bright rock, that is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Thanks, E. Don, for the reminder.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:50 pm

Domenic wrote:

Quote :
If your faith was based on bible truth, none of you would be insulted.

First, we have said more than once that we are not insulted by what you said but by the way you said it. Your tone and choice of words are perceived by most of us here as disrespectful at best.

Second, Sue has given the exact chapter and verses that back up her belief as being Biblical. Is your "bible truth" something different? Can you give verses to show where you get your statement that what you called her "force" is, as you said, "not from the God of the Bible?"

Ann
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:36 pm

You guys have been busy. I went out motor home shopping yesterday and look what I missed.

Domenic, I believe that all our gifts are from God, and some misuse those gifts while others use them for good. One cannot know what is in another's heart, and if their heart is good, only good can come from it. There is no room in a good and loving heart for evil, and I felt that was what you were implying.

Spiritual beliefs are personal, and difficult to prove or disprove to non-believers. Sue, I applaud you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 6:39 am

Zada,

You say it so well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
Rick Waid

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 6:33 am

I believe because my journey took me down and amazing road. I stated out curious about the paranormal and then I got hooked on it like a drug. I gave a 110% and after awhile I started receiving messages from the other side. Pretty soon the recorder I was using I did not need anymore because the messages were coming from a higher power. I do not read much anymore but I have read people places and things and I have helped so many in pain over their lost loved one. People believe is the key.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe?   Do you believe? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you believe?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: Paranormal Phenomena-
Jump to: