Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:07 pm

Phil wrote:
Quote :
You confront them, and if you have to, you slap a little respect into their brain. This is best done with a couple of good hard punches somewhere in the vacinity of their eyes or nose. A good black eye will almost always change a bully into a more friendly sort of person.
Spoken like a true bully. Or how to bully a bully. Violence rules! If they don't agree with you, beat them to pulp.

Well, Phil, you answered your own question about that name you said I'd called you didn't you? And on top of that, it seems as if you're kind of a wimpy little scared guy. You are one of those people who think that you can meet violence with a grin and it will go away. Not true, little man, not true at all. If you meet violence with your passive attitude, which I would say you've done for most of your life, you will pretty much always get your ass kicked. Through most of my life I've not been real good at starting fights, but I've gotten very good at finishing them, and even the ones I've lost you can bet the other guy knew he'd been in one.

I've tried to be nice to you, especially after I learned how easily your fragile feelings got hurt, but I'm about through trying. I don't give a damn if you stay or leave, I don't care if you post, what you post, when you post or if you like what anyone else here says. As far as I'm concerned, you haven't earned the respect of anyone here, and you won't until you do a 180 with your piss poor attitude. Don't make the mistake of thinking I care what you think of me or write about me, because first I'd have to care a little bit about you, and the fact is I wouldn't pee on your head if your hair was on fire.

Last edited by E. Don Harpe on Wed May 13, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
Phil
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Phil on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Maybe you need to post some of those emails, Phil, assuming of course that you're telling the truth. Which I doubt. Why not let us all know who is afraid to post here? I don't think you have any at all who have told you that. The way I see it, you ask those folks to let you post what they said, and then you do it, or you admit that you're lying. I don't care either way.

And of course, you cherry picked what you posted of the things I've said to you, why not post it all?

You're just a sad little man who can't stand to think that you didn't come on here and have everyone bow down to your superior knowledge, and now you don't really know what to do. Why not just get whoever has been telling you what to post up to now to keep giving you advice. Surely you can't be this anal without some help from someone.

And you can't stand that Alice had your number, so you strike at her.

The funny thing is that when you still admit that you would not read my PM, not even when I posted it for the others to see, you made most of my points for me. You jumped on here, tried to ride roughshod over the board by showing us how much you know, and didn't like it when Dick and I disagreed with you. I then sent you the PM, which was very nice, and later I even posted about your many good traits, but of course you can't acknowledge any of that.

So, as someone told someone else yesterday in another thread, why don't you just piss off.

And you should really post the names and the emails that you talk about, or else try to make up something else to validate your silly rantings. Not to mention your pathetic life.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:10 pm

Phil,

I am truly sorry you and E. Don do not get along.

He chose to post his pm, because you would not read it.

You chose to delete your posts. Put them back--please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:17 pm

There is something that bothers me a great deal. E. Don and I have been friends for a few years now, and I think most of his writing is filled with heart and his poetry is amazing, but for some reason he seems to feel he needs to show negativity here.

I personally don't think it is possible to win an argument with Harpe. Many of us here are past middle age and know ourselves, our talents, our doubts and our flaws, and we know whether labels Harpe or anyone else places on us are true or not. He has given me a few labels, and I sit and wonder, "What is that about?"

At the present time in my life, I don't back down or take undeserved blame or blame someone else. The seriousness of the life threatening illness I have could be blamed on a medical professional, but that would take energy and I need all I can find for getting well.

Sometimes it is the nature of our portrayal on a messageboard, and perhaps I wasn't portraying the real me. So I've tried to show my life has had good and bad as most long lives had. I've denied little that has ever occurred to me, although I also have boundaries as to how much I will tell on a messageboard.

I feel that when something bad occurs in our lives, we can either curl into a ball or pick ourselves up and see what life has to hold. We can become nurtured by those things we see through what some consider are rose colored glasses, like the full moon glistening on the lake the other night, or appreciation for my husband's care of me, or how proud I am of family members who have faced difficulties with courage.

And what I've taken from Harpe's comments are that I need to continue to improve my writing, explain who I am in words, and not get drawn into arguments, because no one ever really wins an argument. One person goes home feeling good and the other doesn't and I really don't care to feel good while someone else feels bad.

I love this messageboard. Social life has been difficult the last year and you have truly become my social network. You are all good friends.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:46 pm

Carol, I wasn't aware that we were actually in an argument, I just thought we saw things a bit differently.

You made the comment that you had seen a lot of trials and troubles, or tribulations, or some words to that effect, and I made the observation that while I'm sure you'd seen your share of bad times, perhaps you didn't go through them the same way someone without your resources would have done. If that is not what you got from that conversation, then you missed my point entirely.

I would not want you, or anyone else, to go through life the way some people have to, and that's pretty much all I meant. It's very different facing things when you know they are coming to pick up your only car today, and your telephone, lights, heat and water have been off for two weeks, and you know that because you were sick a couple of days last week your paycheck, which you absolutley must have in order to live, is going to be half what you need. Not only that but you know that any day now you will be homeless, and you don't have any idea how you will feed your three small children tonight. That's what I meant when I said some people have it tougher than others. It was not a negative comment about you, it was a statement of what I really believe is fact.

I believe you are an exceptional woman, I have read of your health problems and how you've managed to always fight your way back, and I admire you for that. I'm sure you've had your share of tough times, and I commend you on coming through them.

I do know, and I think so do you, that there are many people who go through tough times who do not have as much as you to help them make it through. You have the love and support of a wonderful family, you have your education and your business sense to fall back on, and you have the talent to survive whatever gets thrown at you. On top of that you have shown that you have a great gift for writing.

There are many people who don't have any of that. That's all I was saying. I have been blessed much of my life, and I certainly don't think I, or you, have any apologies to make to anyone for what we have managed to make of our lives. But I thank God that I have not had to live as so many do. I've had a home, a good family, I've had good jobs, and I've come through some tough times myself, but I know that I am more fortunate than some.

If you read anything other than this into what I said, (and I think you did,) then I apologize.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:26 pm

Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 67296 E.Don and Carol--I like the new avatars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:27 pm

Zada,

I call this my Laura Bush look-a-like picture. Smile

E. Don,

Thank you.

Carol
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:34 pm

Carol, you're welcome and I hope that is behind us.

Thanks zada. That was in the 80's I guess. At a Christmas party for the company I was working for. Seems I've posted a couple of cut off pictures that have a girl on my arm, and this is another of them. I couldn't recall who she was this time, but her husband is also in the picture. I do remember him and I was right in cropping the photo.
Back to top Go down
Phil
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2009-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Gone

Last edited by Phil on Thu May 14, 2009 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:08 pm

There are a lot of people who would like total control of everyone else's waking moment, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 5:39 am

You said it well Marie, just as you always do. I am one of those sick to death of hearing about PA and am not hesitant in expressing that. There is an entire site devoted to ridiculing PA and the PA board for those who feel otherwise. If it is allowed, PA topics will take over any board. It is somewhat amazing because PA is one small company, nothing more. Bashing it is like sending the entire U.S. Navy to sink a lifeboat. Supporting it is like sending the entire Navy to rescue those aboard the lifeboat. There seems to be no middle ground.
I occasionally have a comment to make on PA so for the past six weeks or so I've gone to the AW board for that (Shelagh has threatened to see me burn in hell if I do it here again).
I told Phil he had his say on the subject so now it was time to move on. Dwelling on the past seldom puts money in your pocket and any experience with PA is hardly life-threatening. I still feel that way. Don and I are the types who feel strongly on just about everything so we may come across as harsh at times. That doesn't necessarily mean we are wrong. So please don't send me to my room. If you do I'll just climb out the window. It wouldn't be the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:05 am

Cookies and a supply of pulp magazines to read, who could ask for anything more - unless you could arrange for a martini at Happy Hour.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12610
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:36 am

Dick Stodghill wrote:
(Shelagh has threatened to see me burn in hell if I do it here again).
... only a slight exaggeration. Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 Devil-smiley-032 Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 A16

Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 41ZdcL0lV7L._SL125_ Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 41C9GeFDNWL._SL125_ Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 41%2BmGkZJdOL._SL125_ Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 51eDGllZXhL._SL125_ Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 41y7VHKoszL._SL125_ Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 51Zs4N4T4eL._SL125_
Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- ©️Shelagh Watkins 2017
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 6:59 am

Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by D. J. (Don) Stephens on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:04 am

While reading the bill, the topic of this thread, I was reminded of sexually obscene, bullying and annoying land line phone calls. Years ago they were somewhat common and I think some law stopped them.

When I was in my early twenties and living on a military base, where all phone calls went through the base phone system, I had someone who continued to call me with obscene messages. And to add to this, my husband was frequently away from home. My husband knew this was happening and I do believe we contacted the base. It was determined these calls were coming from someone on the base, but they could not determine who specifically.

Now that I am writing this, I am also remembering some tips women were given to deal with these calls such as having a whistle by the phone and using it when the calls came in.

On the other hand, I remember a mischievous night at a slumber party where we made phone calls, not obscene mind you, but annoying just the same.

An email concern I had a few years ago was when a person emailed me through a site where my mental health credentials were listed and this person was suicidal. I responded immediately, and also checked on the location of the server, and tried to trace the name on the email. Later the person emailed me back and said she was all right.

This is a new world of communication.

Carol
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:08 am

Marie,

You are on the right track, but never send them to their rooms.

Why?

All of their toys and books are there. As Dick said they can go out the window.

Make them sit in chairs in your living room where they can see each other and say, "No talking."

They will befriend each other very quickly.

Worked great with my kids.

Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 798629 Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 798629 Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 798629
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10705
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:37 am

Marie,
what you said makes sense.
There is also a point that many fail to consider.
A person who cares, will try to make things better by speaking out - complaining.
A person who could care less, will say nothing. Speaking out is an American trait, and a good one. When Americans see things that are wrong, they protest for change because they care.
Having said that, there are also those who habitually complain about everything. They are not to be taken seriously. When a normally quiet person speaks out, and we have some on this forum, you know they do so because they care.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 7:57 am

Regarding cookie baking:

Yesterday I spent most of the day working on a letter to my granddaughter who was born very premature and is graduating from high school. I am putting together a scrapbook of writing, photos, newspaper articles, her artwork, and concert programs.

Soon after she was born, we went to visit this very tiny person in the hospital in another city, and stayed at a hospitality house. Almost every day a volunteer came in to bake cookies. The volunteer couldn't just bring in the cookies, but had to bake them there so the "comforting" smell of cookies would permeate the whole place.

Carol
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 8:00 am

Phil wrote:
I'm all for the bill if it will keep Harpe from calling me an ass wipe.

Actually, Marie, this is the post by Phil that took the issue in a different direction, and that caused me to begin to answer him in kind.

This was a reasonable discussion about a topic that we should all be concerned over, and yet in his petty way he made a comment that was completely out of line. When I told him what I think, some too offense.

Phil has shown himself to be argumentative, egotistic, and unwilling to accept any opinions other than those that agree with him. I see him as a scared little man who may be out of touch with reality.

Perhaps you have seen the side of Phil that you posted about here, I have no doubt in what you say, however, he hasn't shown that here at all. And yes, I do believe he came to this board with an agenda, that being to once again educate us all about PA.

I'm not closed minded about him at all, I've seen his type many times before. When he finds that not everyone loves him he retreats into his hateful world and tosses out sarcastic comments like the one of his I posted here, and believes no one should hold him accountable.

He cannot miss an opportunity to take a cheap shot at me, and has done so even in the post he made about the bill. What I wonder is why no one has called him on what he says. Alice and Dick and Abe will usually see through a mealy mouthed individual such as he has shown himself to be, and he should know that when he takes it upon himself to make outright attacts on me I will respond in kind.
Back to top Go down
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 8:41 am

And with a bit of luck, that will be the end of this thread. Of course, we've never discusssed the actual topic, but I suppose that's all right.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:32 am

The original topic was internet bullying. I hope no one kiills themselves over anything I say.

I have been accused of being vicious, stupid, insane, you name it--I haven't killed myself or anyone else.

Face it, we are all different Marie has a lot of good sense, so does E .Don.

Marie likes Phil.

God made us all. I like ya all!

I guess, I am insane !

Last edited by Alice on Thu May 14, 2009 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:38 am

Don, I did reply to him. Even tried to be polite about it, but it wasn't accepted that way.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:39 am

... and I have to put up with the lot of you. Twisted Evil

(English humour, remember!)

Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 41ZdcL0lV7L._SL125_ Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 41C9GeFDNWL._SL125_ Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 41%2BmGkZJdOL._SL125_ Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 51eDGllZXhL._SL125_ Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 41y7VHKoszL._SL125_ Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 51Zs4N4T4eL._SL125_
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:41 am

LOL! The three stooges: Alice, Dick and Shelagh all posted at the same time!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board   Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Could the passing of new bill spell the end of message board
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: