Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

PA Author discounts

Go down 
+8
Phil Whitley
Helen Wisocki
dkchristi
Afinerosesheis
zadaconnaway
RunsWithScissors
Carol Troestler
Abe F. March
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PA Author discounts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PA Author discounts   PA Author discounts - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:54 pm

If they work hard enough for the author, they do, dkchristi. I am working with K-mart, Wal-mart, Barnes and Noble corporate office, Borders/walden books, and several others to get my authors' books on shelves nation wide. That's in addition to the online stores and other distributors ships I have already engaged in.

So, please, don't lump all small presses together. There are those out there who work for the author.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: PA Author discounts   PA Author discounts - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Please let me know when they are on the shelves and available for purchase nationwide. That is a big seller for you as a publisher. My friends consider my published short stories as nothing because the books are not "shelved." They are when I do book signings, one store at a time; that is not nationwide, just local.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: PA Author discounts   PA Author discounts - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:05 am

I agree with you on that being local. I, too, did that with my own book. I did not pursue these outlets with my own book either. Since I am committed to other people to make their books sell, I feel that need to leave no stone unturned to get their books into the hands of the public. Needless to say, I plan to put my book out there as well. Sorta on the coattails. *grin*

The first book is Notes in a Mirror by Helen Macie Osterman and will be out in November of this year. Since we have to send a completed book to the management, it may be a few weeks after publication before they are seen on the bookshelves. I will keep this forum updated as to what I am doing.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: PA Author discounts   PA Author discounts - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:08 am

Take heart, DK, your friends would not be any more impressed if your books appeared on shelves or became bestsellers. Real friends would be proud of you whatever you did. Next time a so-called friend treats you less than kindly, smile inside and take consolation in the fact that they are telling you more about themselves than they mean to ... and they are mean.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: PA Author discounts   PA Author discounts - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:56 am

DK, I wouldn't consider the people you mentioned to be friends. Envious acquaintances seems more fitting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: PA Author discounts   PA Author discounts - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:14 pm

Thank you for the kind support and the excellent self-talk! I just read a blog by a NYT Best seller; and it was very enlightening. Even if you get there, keep the day job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PA Author discounts   PA Author discounts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PA Author discounts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2