Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Do you dream in color?

Go down 
+6
alj
Carol Troestler
P. Gordon Kennedy
Helen Wisocki
Afinerosesheis
A Ahad
10 posters
AuthorMessage
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Do you dream in color? Empty
PostSubject: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 3:55 am

Do most people here mostly dream in color or do you mostly dream in black and white?

Just curious... I seem to have fewer colorful dreams

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Afinerosesheis
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:20 am

I almost always dream in color. I don't think I have ever had a dream in black/white. The colors are usually very detailed and play a big part in deciphering the dreams.
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 4:51 am

I always dream in vivid color with very involved dreams. I used to fly a lot in my dreams, but over the years have been a bit more grounded.
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:05 am

I dream in color. Some people claim that only 5% of people dream in color, but I've always dreamed in color and so has my mom, so I don't really buy that 5% statistic. I've recorded all of my dreams since June 18, 2002 (2839 dreams so far and growing) and colors are often noted. I've gotten rather good at recalling my dreams, averaging around 400 remembered every year.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:31 am

Do you think creative people dream in color? I certainly do.

A woman client once wrote a book comparing her dream journals with her real life. It was quite interesting, and I tried to get her book published, which I failed to do. But after she died, her brother brought me her manuscript and I still have it. It is fascinating.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:01 am

I dream in color. I remember that my Creative Writing professor in college was surprised when I wrote some poems about my dreams, and had conversations taking place between the dreamers. He thought I must have edited the dream, because he had not heard of people talking or hearing words in their dreams. I have learned, over time, to pay close attention to the things people say in my dreams.

The other night, a woman in my dream told me to talk to Cheryl Richardson. I had bought a couple of her books a few months ago, and had begun reading one. I got distracted, and this problem came up, and I had set the book aside. After the dream, I went to the book and opened it to a page that I had bookmarked with a Post-it, and read the very answer to a problem I had been worrying over for several days. Not only that, I re-read the Post-it. I had written one of my favorite quotations, some words about acceptance, written by Paul Tillich: "Grace strikes us when we are in great pain and restlessness...sometimes at that moment a wave of light breaks into our darkness, and it is as though a wave were saying, 'you are accepted.'" The title of the book was, The Unmistakable Touch of Grace: How to Recognize and Respond to the Spiritual Signposts in Your Life. I've started reading it again. I think I need it.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 1:33 pm

Ann, that sounds like a great book. I do find a lot of dreams have deep spiritual meanings.

A few years back, I kept having recurring dreams about falling aeroplanes. I'd be walking along the street and looking up into a clear blue sky (yes the dreams were vividly in color) and then I'd see a passenger airliner gliding peacefully upwards into the sky, shortly after take-off from a nearby airport. Then it'd start to turn in mid-air and then nosedive back into the ground a couple of miles away from where I am. There would be no flames or smoke; just a loud bang and that's about it...

I wasn't really sure what the meanings of those dreams were, and I stopped having them after a while.

So, do you think a color-blind person would dream in color?Question
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:38 pm

I dream in color and very rarely in black and white. The black and white is generally an inset in my dreams -- like you might see in a movie when someone is remembering a time long ago.
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 12:07 am

P. Gordon Kennedy wrote:
I dream in color. Some people claim that only 5% of people dream in color, but I've always dreamed in color and so has my mom, so I don't really buy that 5% statistic. I've recorded all of my dreams since June 18, 2002 (2839 dreams so far and growing) and colors are often noted. I've gotten rather good at recalling my dreams, averaging around 400 remembered every year.

That's a lot of dreams! I'd be lucky to remember half that number

This is a good example of what I said in that other thread about "credentials". The soundly researched figures and %'s quoted in an acclaimed book written by a credentialled author of dream psychology probably will not satisfy you on the question about dreams in color.
There is more fun in hearing it first hand from a whole array of "real" people whom you know...
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:23 pm

Yes and no. B&W is best in movies and in dreams.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Rhymer
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Rhymer

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:56 am

Dick said: Yes and no. B&W is best in movies and in dreams.Do you dream in color? 343621

Dick do you like talkies or subtitles the best. As for me I like talkies and my movies and dreams are always in color.
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/abcedit
just4kix

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:33 am

I dream in colour.... very rare that its black and white.I think it would be same for most people...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you dream in color?   Do you dream in color? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you dream in color?
Page 1 of 1