Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Homemade Rubber Band Gun

Go down 
+4
Phil Whitley
A Ahad
Carol Troestler
P. Gordon Kennedy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Homemade Rubber Band Gun Empty
PostSubject: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 12:51 pm

Here's a picture of my homemade rubber band gun. It's made from a 12 inch long section of half inch diameter wooden dowel rod and a wooden spring clothspin. The clothspin was attatched with wood glue and held in position with tape while the glue dried. Easily shoots over 20+ feet.
Homemade Rubber Band Gun Ss857910
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Makes me wish I was young again, and adventurous, and ready to shoot rubber bands at my brother.

Carol cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:17 pm

And the best part of all, the rubber band gun pictured above can be manufactured for only about $1 per unit!
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:25 pm

Can it be used for shooting the magpies that keep pecking on my double glazing? Homemade Rubber Band Gun 634186
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 2:58 pm

Technically, you can shoot it at anything you can aim at as long as it is within range. However, I advise that you don't shoot it at anyone's face (a rubber band in the eye is not a good thing).
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:26 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's exactly what the teacher used to tell some of the bad kids at my school, when they'd be hurling rude messages to girls sitting at the opposite end of the classroom using rubber bands...
Back to top Go down
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:33 pm

Gordon, we used to make these rubber band guns, but we made ours on a 90 degree "L" so as to look more like a gun.

We also made "spoke guns" using a spoke from an old bicycle wheel. The
spoke was bent into a pistol shape and the "nut" that is used to adjust
the tension was filled with the white part of kitchen matches. Then a
piece of the wooden match was driven in on top of the phosphorous. Then
we heated the thing with another match until it "fired". Seeking more
power, we began emptying a shotgun shell and using the gunpowder with
one of the lead shot as the missle. Usually that was good for one shot,
because the spoke nut would split. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:36 pm

Brew,

Your poor mother!

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:46 pm

LOL - pity my 6th grade teacher instead... when she left the classroom
about 4 spoke guns came out. Mine was loaded with the gunpowder. As I
was heating it, she suddenly came back into the room. I quickly
extinguished the match, but it was too late. The shot just missed her
and penetrated the blackboard behind her. She just turned and left the
room and never said a word about it. A few days later she noticed the
hole in the blackboard and said, "I wonder what happened here?" The
class was thankfully silent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:48 pm

My rubber band gun is a minimalist gun. I designed it to be as simple as possible. With a 90 degree bend it could be made to look more like a real gun, but the most important thing to me was that it shoots rubber bands good. Be sure to check out my baking soda gun slideshow on YouTube. You can find the link under my thread "See my Soda Gun Slideshow on Youtube."
Back to top Go down
Dave Keating

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 10:58 pm

P. Gordon Kennedy wrote:
My rubber band gun is a minimalist gun. I designed it to be as simple as possible. With a 90 degree bend it could be made to look more like a real gun, but the most important thing to me was that it shoots rubber bands good. Be sure to check out my baking soda gun slideshow on YouTube. You can find the link under my thread "See my Soda Gun Slideshow on Youtube."

Do you sell this as a product?
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 6:27 am

At this point, I've only built one rubber band gun and don't have any for sale. However, it is relatively easy to build one yourself. All you need is a 12 inch long section of half inch wooden dowel rod and a wooden spring clothspin. Glue the clothspin to one end of the dowel rod with wood glue and wrap with tape to hold it in place while the glue dries. Or if you don't feel like building a rubber band gun yourself, there are places on the internet where you can buy them (not exactly like my gun, but still will shoot rubber bands just as good). Some guns I've seen on the internet can shoot multiple shots as fast as you can pull the trigger. One place to look would be www.rubberbandguns.com
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 7:21 am

My rubber band gun is also great for killing flies at close range. The fly never sees it comming and therefore never tries to fly out of the way. More effective than a fly swatter, except that you have to reload it after each shot. Now, one of those semi-automatic rubber band guns from rubberbandguns.com could really descimate the housefly population!lol!
Back to top Go down
hcashmor

PostSubject: what does it shoot   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyWed May 06, 2009 5:04 am

does it just shoot rubber bands or can it also shoot airsoft bb's and things like that
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:06 am

Like it's designed it just shoots rubber bands. It might be able to be modified to shoot airsoft BBs, but I haven't tried that. I would guess you would anchor the rubber band to the front of the gun and use it as a sort of sling shot to hurl the BBs.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyWed May 06, 2009 8:48 am

Ahad shot rude notes to girls on the other side of the classroom. Not nice, Ahad. I passed love notes to the pretty little girl in the next row and she passed replies to me. Much nicer. We still write letters to each other but they're not mushy any more.

Along with rubber band guns, this thread taught me that Marie is pretty good with a pistol. Guess I'd better give up flirting with her. Having fun gets harder and harder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
W. Lane Rogers
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyWed May 06, 2009 10:26 am

You realize, of course, that you'll have to divy profits with the clothespin manufacturer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/wlanerogers
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:32 am

Marie,
have you declared open season, or is that reserved for Dick?
Seems he gets all the girls. Do I have to wait another 13 years to be eligible?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homemade Rubber Band Gun   Homemade Rubber Band Gun Empty

Back to top Go down

Homemade Rubber Band Gun
Page 1 of 1