Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Dreams and Baseball by Reagan Rothe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
blackrosewriting
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
blackrosewriting

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Dreams and Baseball by Reagan Rothe Empty
PostSubject: Dreams and Baseball by Reagan Rothe   Dreams and Baseball by Reagan Rothe EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 3:56 pm

I have just completed a book tour at Borders, B&N, The Twig Bookstore (an independant distributor), and some other local venues, and I have future signings at some of the other Borders in my area.

The most sales have come from my baseball novel, inspired by my grandfather, Leslie "Tex" Aulds, who played with the Boston Red Sox in 1946 and roomed with Ted Williams. It is also dedicated to my father, Walt Rothe, who played baseball at the University of Texas and was drafted by the Montreal Expos.

Synopsis:
1999 was a year unlike any other for Jeff Hartes. He met the love of his life, experienced surreal, life-like dreams, and lost so much in a single, Triple-A season of baseball. The story unfolds beneath an elderly man (Hartes) remembering that magical season and sharing with the reader the reality of what baseball's truly like; the "inside the ropes" atmosphere and "behind the scenes" superstitions and bedlam.

This is a baseball tale that hasn't been told before, with brutal truths that carry with them a comedic outburst followed by a heart-shattering sadness. Up and down, life travels sometimes very similar to a baseball season. And comparable to real life, things don't always go perfectly and end with a fairy-tale closing.
Reviews:

“My clan's passion for baseball burns steadily, but a call from Reagan Rothe, helped rekindle the flames."

—Jerry Aulds, El Campo Leader-News

"Rothe has done an outstanding job demonstrating just how closely baseball and life are naturally intertwined in this highly recommendable, exciting, and page-turning work.”

—Gary Bedingfield, founder Baseball in Wartime

"This is a baseball book."

—Sam Moffie is the author of Swap and The Organ Grinder and the Monkey

More information as well as the cover and purchasing available www.blackrosewriting.com

Back to top Go down
http://www.blackrosewriting.com

Dreams and Baseball by Reagan Rothe
Page 1 of 1