Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda Empty
PostSubject: Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda   Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:51 pm

I downloaded a free music composition program from the internet and set my poem "The Cell Phone's Connected to the Airbag" to music. I basically composed the score by moving the notes around until it sounded right. I got it to play on my computer so it sounded like an orchestra and it was hillarious! You're suppose to buy the full version for $29 to print out the sheet music, but I found a way to cheat. I photographed the music on my computer with my digital camera and then took the pictures into Photoshop and did a cut and paste job. Wish I could upload an audio file of the score for you to listen to, but here's the music.
Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda Cell_p10
And while we're on the subject of airbags, here's a photo sequence showing the deployment of a baking soda and vinegar airbag. I took one of my high-powered baking soda guns (which normally blast corks and rubber stoppers around 140 miles per hour) and attached a tube with a sandwhich bag in it. The actual airbag cartridge was held together with black electrical tape. I used 1/8 cup vinegar and 1/2 tablespoon baking soda to inflate it. It took less than 1/10 second to inflate once the valve was opened. These pictures were captured using the video mode on a digital camera. Times were determined by the frame rate of 20 frames pre second.
Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda Soda_a10

And for one last reminder, if you have a cell phone, don't use it while driving. Talking on the phone while driving more than quadruples your chances of a car acident!
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda   Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Sorry about the unreadibility of the lyircs. I can see them on my computer if I enlarge the image enough. The lyrics are the same as my poem "The Cell Phone's Connected to the Airbag" which is posted under the poetry section.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda   Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda EmptyTue Dec 23, 2008 6:18 am

You are a clever guy, Gordon. I just don't want to get anywhere near that baking soda gun of yours, not with corks flying around at 140 mph.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda   Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda Empty

Back to top Go down

Cell Phones and Airbags: Music and Baking Soda
Page 1 of 1