Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

How to worry

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10663
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: How to worry   Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:43 am

How to worry
If you worry, perhaps you should do it in a consciously applied manner
Make a list of all the things that worry you – your concerns, frustrations, etc.
After you make your list, prioritize them in the order of the most worrisome to least worrisome.
Take your list along with two blank sheets of paper and go to the nearest cemetery.  Find a bench with some privacy and take out your worry list.  Before you begin to worry, take a good look around you at all the headstones of people that no longer have any worries.  Once that is done, start with Number One on your worry list.  Ask yourself, “Is this worry real or imagined”? If it is real, then ask yourself “Is there something I can do about it now”?  If not, cross it off the list and place it on the sheet of paper with the heading “Future worries”.  If there is something you can do about it now, underline it. 
Proceed to worry Number Two asking the same questions.  If you determine that the worry is imagined, cross it off your list with a note, “Don’t worry about it.”  Should you be questioned by someone wondering what you’re doing in the cemetery, simply tell them that you are here to worry and that they are interrupting your worries.   “I am only at Number Two on my worry list and you are interrupting me.” If they are offended, don’t worry about it.  They are your worries and not those of someone else. 
When you have completed all the worries on your list, sit awhile and look again at the headstones.  Imagine what these people once worried about.  Was it a relationship gone sour?  Did they have financial problems wondering where their next meal was coming from?  Were they out of a job?  Were they sick and died of some incurable illness?  Did they have people depending on them causing them to worry?  What good did they do with their life?  Did they help people?  Were they kind and sympathetic?  Were they loved? 
Take that extra blank sheet of paper and list the things that make or made you happy.  List things that you believe would make you happy.  Ask yourself, are these things real or imagined?  If they are real, ask yourself who or what was the reason for the happiness.  Can it happen again?  What can you do to re-create that happiness?  Were you happy when you helped others and felt appreciated? Was the help you gave financial or simply kindness? 
Look at the headstones again and imagine what you would like to see written or remembered about you. All those lying in the graves are memories to someone – someone they hope to meet again.  If you can recall the song, “Don’t worry, be happy”, hum it as you leave the cemetery mentally burying your worries.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12562
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: How to worry   Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:59 am

Worrying is a pastime for some. My mother-in-law worried constantly. She would worry about having nothing to worry about. She lived to be ninety-two, so worrying didn't shorten her life. The problem for worriers is that they don't know how to not worry. Most of us worry if something gives cause for worry such as illness or someone not arriving home on time without phoning to explain. Not worrying at all may seem like a good thing, but you would miss out on the relief you feel when it turns out that there was nothing to worry about!

Me, I don't worry much. I leave that to my husband. He's a great worrier. Like his mom.

Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- ©Shelagh Watkins 2017
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk

How to worry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: