Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

New Year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

New Year Empty
PostSubject: New Year   New Year EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 1:24 am

New Year 2019
Many will use today as reflection of the past year remembering the bad things that happened.  If that reflection is used to cleanse, it can be a good exercise.  Hitting the “delete” button in our minds to erase the memories that caused us pain, discomfort and frustration will help to wipe the slate clean.  Taking inventory of the things that caused us joy/happiness are things that can be retained.  We know from experience and from study that we are drawn to the things that dwell in our minds.  Dwelling on the mistakes – the bad, will draw us to making the same mistakes.  Dwelling on the good will tend to attract more of the good. 
My wish to you for the coming year is that you will erase all the negativity and start the year with a clean slate.  We cannot undo the mistakes we made.  It is wise to concentrate on the things we want to happen, whether that be material or spiritual.  My take on the spiritual relates to the feeling of love.  Being happy for those who succeeded in achieving their goals and letting people know that you are happy for them.  Some of the goals were to overcome physical maladies.  “Dein körper hört alles, was dein Kopf sagt.” (The body hears everything that the head says/thinks).  IMV, those who overcame physical problems can attribute much of the healing to their positive attitudes and the strong belief that they would get well again.  In biblical terms: Mark 5:34, belief/faith performed the healing miracle. I am not referencing any religious dogma, but rather the power of the mind.  From study, I am convinced that we are drawn/attracted to the things that we hold in our minds.  I believe in the power of positive thinking.  That said, I also believe in the power of negative thinking.  Let’s make this new year one of positive thinking for ourselves and that of our fellow man.  Let us remember and concentrate on the good things that happened to us in our lives, both past and present.  Starting tomorrow, the beginning of a new year, what happens to us will be as the choices we make. 
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Year   New Year EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 7:38 am

Happy New Year, Abe!

2019 will be a challenging year, mostly of our own making. Young people are reluctant to learn from the past mistakes of their elders and believe that they can learn best from their own mistakes. So, we will stumble through the New Year full of good intentions, knowing that old problems will resurface with no new solutions.

The rapid rate of technological change has produced a world that has created as many problems as it has solved. The next year and those that follow will see a great deal more change yet!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Year   New Year EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 8:10 am

Thank you Shelagh for your good wishes and your spot-on comments.  You have stimulates me to write something about worrying.  I will post it when finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Year   New Year Empty

Back to top Go down

New Year
Page 1 of 1