Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Electronic devices

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10620
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Electronic devices   Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:42 am

The addiction of electronics is being discussed/analyzed by various sources.  People are being controlled without them realizing it.  Electronic programming is related to computers in how the computer works/thinks.   It has taken control of how we think.  Instead of thinking “outside the box” we are programmed to “think in the box” that is created for us.  People are programmed to select the latest electronic trends and emulate other people.  Advertisers use “repetition” to attach their product to the person’s psyche.  The cell phone and the I-pad are examples of this.  Feeling the need to be accessible at any time of the day is programmed into us.  People will not leave home without it.  Becoming aware of this phoneme only takes some observation.
The obsession by some are an irritant to me.   When I see someone carrying a cell phone or iPad into a restaurant, I want to either leave or find a table where I can’t be bothered with the impending ringing of their phone.  During a conversation they will scan their iPad to see if they have any messages and then do some texting ignoring those around them.  A recent TV program discussed this addiction and how the producers of electronic devices can track what people do.  Some even install an electronic device at the manufacturing level. Some are listening devices while others follow the activity of the user.   If you use a search engine to find a product, most likely you will be contacted with an offer by a supplier.  The invasion of our privacy is boundless.  Accidents are recorded by people texting while driving and some are fatal.  Other accidents occur with people walking and ignoring the traffic signals or even walking into posts. 
Action is being taken in some countries requiring students to give up their phones or Ipads during class.  Paying attention to what is happening now is becoming a real concern not only in a classroom situation, but also with human interaction.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12525
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Electronic devices   Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:49 am

Young people today have developed very short attention spans. They walk along in groups whilst talking to someone else on their phones. Even though they are surrounded by friends to talk to, they are paying to talk to someone out of sight. We walked past public telephones on our way to school, but it never crossed anyone's mind to pick up the phone and pay to speak to someone else ... unless it was an emergency.

Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
I shall never be old. It doesn't suit me -- ©Shelagh Watkins 2017
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10620
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Electronic devices   Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:06 am

The older I get, the more I miss those good old days.  We never felt poor, although we were.  We never felt that we were missing out on something.  We communicated, we told stories and we made up games.  We investigated the woods/forests and learned about nature.  Most important, we had friends.  We shared secrets and we congratulated those who got something we didn’t have.  We were loved.  Our parents gave us what they could.  We wore patches on our clothing and the clothes were clean.  There were rules that were strictly enforced, and we obeyed. 
Fortunately, my long-term memory is intact.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15659
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Electronic devices   Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:34 pm

I love the four friends who met for lunch. The organizer said. We will stack our phones up here. And he pointed forcefully to the middle of the table.

The first one who touches his phone gets to pay for lunch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electronic devices   

Back to top Go down

Electronic devices
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: