Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Laughter is good medicine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Laughter is good medicine Empty
PostSubject: Laughter is good medicine   Laughter is good medicine EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 1:27 am

I had a dream
Usually, getting up in the morning starts with coffee, checking emails, watching the news to see what Trump was up to during the night, and then proceeding to FB.  During this time, I try to find something amusing to relate to my wife when she gets up. I have found that starting the day with laughter is a good beginning.  I didn’t need to look for something amusing this morning as I was trying to understand the dream I had.
In my dream, I was at Penn State University attending a lecture.  I don’t recall the subject of the lecture, however at the end, the Professor distributed a test of sorts containing multiple choice questions.  Upon completion, I handed the paper to the Professor.  He looked it over and said that it was very good, then he asked, “Are you a student here?  I ask since you appear to be older than most students.”
“No, I’m not a student here.  I was just visiting since my children all received their Bachelor’s degree from Penn State and my wife entered the University when our youngest daughter started her Freshman year. Two of my children continued their studies and received advanced degrees from other universities. Although I have earned college credits from several universities, I have never pursued a degree.”
“Would you like to get a degree?” he asked.
“I will turn 80 in January.  Do you think that a degree will help my career?”
At this point we both broke out laughing and that’s when I woke up.  My wife heard me laughing in my sleep and when she got up, asked me what caused it.  When I related the dream to her it created another round of laughter.  Then she asked me what degree I intended to pursue. After another episode of laughter, it prompted some reflection on my past and the decisions that were made, however that’s another story.
Laughter is good medicine.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Laughter is good medicine   Laughter is good medicine EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 10:28 am

It brought a smile to me, too, Abe. Maybe your career is about to take off!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Laughter is good medicine   Laughter is good medicine EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 1:06 pm

I was thinking about a career in writing and a title came to mind.  A book for “Dummies that want to become a US President”.  As for current readers, the circulation would be small, especially since the current President doesn’t or can’t read. It would be a short-lived career.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Laughter is good medicine   Laughter is good medicine EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 10:11 am

Thankfully, the current president will have a short  career.

Last edited by alice on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Laughter is good medicine   Laughter is good medicine EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 9:07 am

I hope!
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Laughter is good medicine   Laughter is good medicine EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 6:57 pm

How he survives is a mystery to me--I hope someone gets him in a huge trap or a skunk catches him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laughter is good medicine   Laughter is good medicine Empty

Back to top Go down

Laughter is good medicine
Page 1 of 1