Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Trump Is A Goner

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Trump Is A Goner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump Is A Goner   Trump Is A Goner - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2018 11:49 am

Sad to hear, Shelagh.  From news reports, it is not the only thing creating problems in the UK.  Brexit appears to be still an issue yet to be resolved.  I hear that thousands of Brits are leaving the UK for other EU countries.  It seems that southern France is becoming a favorite location.  There is a backlog of Brits seeking German citizenship.
It is not only the UK and the US with problems, but there is much dissent in Germany with Merkel.  She should not have sought another term as Chancellor without having admitted making a mistake with her “open arms” policy with migrants.  Why is it that so many leaders refuse to admit making a mistake?  They may view it as a weakness, however many see admitting a wrong as a strength.  GWB has never admitted making a mistake with his invasion of Iraq.  People have tendency to forgive mistakes.   The most difficult words for leaders to utter, yet the most forgiving is, “I was wrong or I made a mistake.”
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Trump Is A Goner - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump Is A Goner   Trump Is A Goner - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Numerous events since my last post.  The US elections and Trump’s news conference was another deplorable act.  Voter suppression and fraud in Georgia and Florida has caused a re-count. There may be light at the end of the tunnel with Trump being brought to justice.  Even though he has tried to protect himself with a supreme court justice, he is not immune to civil suits.  Mueller has yet to submit his report about collusion with the Presidential election.  It would be simpler if Trump’s Presidency could be nullified reversing all his actions instead of a costly and lengthy impeachment trial.  Today they commemorated the First World War in France.  Thinking about the loss of so many young men that never had a chance to live a life and enjoy the things we have today is so sad.  One seldom thinks about the family of these people that suffered the loss of a son or husband.  I have met men who served in the war and listened to their horror stories.  Some never spoke about it as it was too horrible a memory.  I hate war and despise those who thump their chests ready to go to war.  The glory of war as depicted in the movies is not reality.  It was yet another Trump blunder not to participate in visiting the cemetery of the slain soldiers using bad weather as an excuse.  I suppose his bone spurs were acting up or perhaps he didn’t want his hair to get wet.  Other world leaders stood in the rain or used umbrellas.  It is shameful for him to be representing America.  His recent “nationalism” posture was strongly opposed by President Marcon and Chancellor Merkel.  While Fascism was defeated in the war, the roots of fascism are being seen in the US.  It is believed by reporters that his trip to France was primarily to meet with his buddy, Putin.
Back to top Go down

Trump Is A Goner
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2