Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Infected foods

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Infected foods Empty
PostSubject: Infected foods   Infected foods EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Infected Eggs.

Another disaster within Europe concerning food products. 
A company in Holland used an unauthorized chemical substance to clean chicken houses and it infected the chickens and the eggs.  There is a large distribution of eggs from Holland within the EU.  All eggs from Holland have been taken off the shelves and destroyed.  I went shopping today at Aldi and there were no eggs.  The infection from the eggs attacks the human nervous system and can be fatal.  It is not just eggs alone, but products that use eggs as part of their ingredients.  Fortunately, there are stringent controls in place for all food products.   All Monsanto products are banned in Germany and I assume that also applies to other European countries. 
There will be a huge demand from local farmers for eggs until the problem is solved.  I suspect that products from Holland will take a big hit.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Infected foods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infected foods   Infected foods EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 9:52 am

The latest report is that over 12 million eggs have been destroyed.  They are investigating other products where these eggs were used. 
We went to the farmer's market today and there was a long line for buying eggs from local sources.  The prices were higher than usual, but were not gouging prices.
Back to top Go down

Infected foods
Page 1 of 1