Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Gift-giving

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10255
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Gift-giving   Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:53 am

Giving is representative of Christmas.  The monetary value of the gift does not make it better.  It is more often the thought behind the gift.  Giving of yourself is the best gift, IMV.  Try writing a letter (note) to someone you care about.  The fact that you took the time to write it has meaning.  We know that cursive is becoming a lost art; however the older folk still enjoy a hand-written letter/note that they cherish.  The value of the written word (hand-written) was shared with me by my cousin.  My only remaining Uncle goes to the mailbox every day looking for a letter.  Phone calls are easily forgotten, but the written word is re-read and cherished.  If you can’t afford a gift and/or you don’t know what to give, try expressing your love with a note.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15303
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Gift-giving   Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:59 am

Great idea, Abe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12324
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Gift-giving   Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:56 pm

Time is the most precious gift anyone can give or receive. I wish everyone a happy and peaceful Christmas, surrounded by your loved ones. Cherish every moment.

Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15303
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Gift-giving   Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:28 am

Thank you, Shelagh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Gift-giving   Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:42 am

As follow-up to my post about giving of oneself for Christmas, last night I received a great Christmas gift.  Herman Frech, (the subject of the book: “On the Way to Siberia) gave me a CD that he recorded especially for a few close friends for Christmas.  Hermann was the Church Organist for 40 years and also Church Choir Director.  He stopped playing the organ when his fingers thickened and it was difficult for him to play.  He recorded fifteen songs meaningful to him.  They include songs from his childhood, regional Folk songs as well as a few Classics (Mozart, Schubert, Handel, Beethoven, Schumann & John Paul Martini) Listening to the CD was a treat.  It must have been difficult for him to play, but he succeeded.  It is a gift that I will cherish and play long after he is no longer with us.  At age 88, he continues giving of himself to others.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8165
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Gift-giving   Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:14 am

12/14

Abe..

You are right ! It's gifts that come from the heart not the store...My friends in
Colorado are coming for Christmas for several days, when I was at their house for Thanksgiving
their grandson Oden is such a great kid, he lights up and his laugh is infectious and you can see
the light shine through him,  I took several photos of him especially with his grandfather who's my
friends brother , you can see the love they have for each other. I shot a photo of him and Oden
playing Mr. Potato ( he uses a baking potato,) plus I shot several of him laughing and smiling. So
I decided to print two 2 X 3 and one 5 X 7 , the 5 X 7 photo I used a program to turn it into a
portrait painting came out awesome...His sister is coming too and I decided to do a painting for
her and her husband they love Labradors ( The have a Chocolate one,) it'll have paw prints around
the outside of the painting....Merry Christmas to you, your wife and family..

Cheers....Joe...
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Gift-giving   Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Thanks Joe for your good wishes.  Consider the same wishes for yourself.  I hope that your friends from Colorado make it to your place and that you all have a great Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gift-giving   

Back to top Go down

Gift-giving
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: