Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Super Moon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10548
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Super Moon   Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:53 am

Science and Scientists.

On Monday, the gap between the Earth and the moon closed to its shortest point, known as the perigee - a distance of 221,525 miles. The last time the moon was this close to the Earth was in 1948.
When my wife worked for IBM in the Scientific department, she read a scientific paper that showed concern by some scientists that the gravity of earth could pull the moon into it.† That concern was never reported.† I didnít see the super moon as we had cloud cover. I did wonder why there was no effort by NASA to try another moon landing while the moon was closer.† I believe that there are many things happening that are kept quiet so as not top alarm the public.† The threat to our environment by pollution is just one concern.

Then there are scientific researchers who work to develop new materials and ways to improve or save lives.† I watched such a program today where researchers in Berlin have developed a new substance for heart valves.† That was naturally of interest to me since I already had two heart valve replacements.† Another topic of discussion dealt with oteoprosis where new methods and materials are being developed to resolve that problem.† Since my wife suffers from osteoprosis (among other things )the subject was timely.

There is hope for the future.†† Many† seek a long life that is free of worry. †Will it be the rich who can afford a longer life? ††

It is exciting to learn about natural substances/remedies to combat disease, i.e., Cannabis as a cure for cancer
Back to top Go down

Super Moon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: Current Events-
Jump to: