Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

My support

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-08-06

My support Empty
PostSubject: My support   My support EmptyTue Jul 26, 2016 1:33 pm

My desire is to live the gospel of Jesus Christ and to follow his commandments to the best of my ability, attempting to progress each day. I urge those who believe and feel as I do to make your voices heard in support of our Savior, the world's Savior, as I will try to do more often. Those of you who have a different view I urge, urge you in the strongest way to give this great man a chance. Look at and live his gospel of truth and peace and you will be edified. Your life will be blessed and you be happier than you are now. Be sincere in giving Jesus Christ a look and invite Him into your life. You will learn to love this great Lord of heaven and earth. I promise you will.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

My support Empty
PostSubject: Re: My support   My support EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 12:23 am

Promotion is not necessary when one lives their religion.  As always, actions speak louder than words.  I admire those whose life is a reflection of their faith.  I don't need to know what dogma (faith) they proclaim.  IMV, one's faith is a personal matter.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-08-06

My support Empty
PostSubject: Re: My support   My support EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 3:43 pm

I guess I'm kind of curious to know exactly what dogma is. That is beyond the dictionary definition. My thoughts (promotion if you will) wasn't for a specific religion or faith. It was directed to the God of heaven and earth, Jesus Christ. Is faith an individual thing? I also believe it is. However, I differ in believing it not only should be shared but it must be shared. Everybody has the right to receive or not whatever they choose. Those who regularly post here share their thoughts (their dogma) on numerous issues of the day energetically without hesitation. So perhaps sharing thoughts about the One who will judge us all is also necessary and even needed.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

My support Empty
PostSubject: Re: My support   My support EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 10:34 pm

Charlie, my understanding of "dogma" is the philosophy of a particular religious faith. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogma

You say: "Everybody has the right to receive or not whatever they choose."
History tells us how pushing a religious dogma on others caused wars.  The dogma of Islam -vs- Christianity is just another example of religious promotion as "mine is better than yours." or "Mine is right and your beliefs are wrong."  Most religions believe in one God.  In Arabic, the word for God is "Allah".  There is little difference between religions except for the form of worship.  Mohammed was the prophet of God and Islam follows his teachings.  They believe that Jesus is a prophet of God and that Christians follow his teachings. 
It is the "dogma" part of religion that creates problems.  Although not everyone believes that there is a God, most do.  What form God takes is yet another issue that can cause controversy.  Is he in human form, a spirit or what?  How we choose to believe becomes our faith.  Pushing our faith/belief on others is something I oppose.  Exposing someone to information is proper.  Interpreting that information for that person is part of the problem.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

My support Empty
PostSubject: Re: My support   My support EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 9:04 am

Religion is always an emotional button because for many it is the answer to why we are here and where we are going after death.  Those are very personal and emotional areas of thought.

Some religious people believe they must reach out to others to "save" them - and they believe it very strongly.  Others believe they must destroy others who are not of their religion.  Others believe that religion and faith are personal matters and best kept that way.  The line of choices in these matters is very long.

My preference is to identify across the globe those common elements of living that make for peace and harmony and recognize that we are one human race with infinite purpose and worthy of life, regardless of the source.  Those are the ideals I wish to pursue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

My support Empty
PostSubject: Re: My support   My support EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 12:04 pm

Thanks DK for your insights.  The "unknown" factor appears to be the problem.  Only those who have died know what happens after the energy leaves our body.  We can guess, assume and even speculate with references to biblical or scientific records, however there are some things that remain a mystery and only faith in whatever one chooses to believe can provide comfort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My support Empty
PostSubject: Re: My support   My support Empty

Back to top Go down

My support
Page 1 of 1