Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

D. K. Christi's musings

Go down 
+3
Abe F. March
alice
dkchristi
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 7:38 am

The following is from a post sent to me.  Some food for thought thought long - and worth reading.

So what do we see in this data? What I see is that the public view of Hillary Clinton does not seem to be correlated to “scandals” or issues of character or whether she murdered Vince Foster. No, the one thing that seems to most negatively and consistently affect public perception of Hillary is any attempt by her to seek power. Once she actually has that power her polls go up again. But whenever she asks for it her numbers drop like a manhole cover.

And in fact I started thinking more about this after reading an article that Sady Doyle wrote for Quartz back in February. The title of the piece was, “America loves women like Hillary Clinton - as long as they’re not asking for a promotion.” In the article Ms. Doyle asserted that, “The wild difference between the way we talk about Clinton when she campaigns and the way we talk about her when she’s in office can’t be explained as ordinary political mud-slinging. Rather, the predictable swings of public opinion reveal Americans’ continued prejudice against women caught in the act of asking for power…”

And yes this is the kind of statement that many people will find reflexively annoying. But that doesn’t make it any less true, and the data certainly seems to support it. Even NBC news, looking back over decades of their own polls, stated that, “she's struggled to stay popular when she's on the campaign trail.” If this has nothing to do with gender, then wouldn’t the same thing happen to men when they campaign? But it doesn’t. Why not?

So let’s look at the issues people are currently using to disparage Clinton. Let’s consider the issues of dishonesty, scandals, money and Wall Street.

1) Honesty — In terms of honesty, I’ve already addressed that. Hillary is a politician, and like all politicians she is no stranger to “massaging” and/or exaggerating the truth. And yes on occasion she will let loose a whopper. But is she worse than other politicians? As I’ve already discussed, the evidence suggests that she is no worse, and actually better, than most other politicians. Internet videos like the “13 minutes of Hillary lying” appear to be mostly examples of Hillary changing her position over several decades, combined with annoying but typical political behavior. But similar videos of Donald Trump exist showing him doing an even more extreme version of the same thing. Why is he not being accused of this type of mendacity? In fact there is very little dispute that Trump has been SIGNIFICANTLY less honest on the campaign trail than Hillary. According to Politifact he is in fact the least honest candidate they’ve ever analyzed! So if the issue of honesty is really that important, why are so many people (on the right and left) holding Hillary to such an obviously different standard than Trump?

2) Scandals — Webster’s dictionary defines a scandal as, “an occurrence in which people are shocked and upset because of behavior that is morally or legally wrong.” But here’s a question: Are scandals still scandals if nobody actually did anything wrong? And I think that’s a fair question, because Hillary’s political foes love to point out all the times she has been implicated (directly or indirectly) in scandals. Not surprisingly, however, they fail to point out that she has always been cleared of any wrongdoing.

So if she’s always innocent, why then does she find herself caught up in so many scandals? For that answer, perhaps we should look at the Wikipedia definition of scandal, which states, “A scandal can be broadly defined as an accusation or accusations that receive wide exposure. Generally there is a negative effect on the credibility of the person or organization involved.” Notice the important difference? Perhaps the “negative effect on credibility” is not so much the RESULT of these scandals as it is the INTENT of those who create them.

Did you know that Republicans once spent 10 days and 140 hours investigating the Clinton’s use of the White House Christmas Card list? Because that is a real thing that actually happened. As the Atlantic recently pointed out, “No other American politicians—even ones as corrupt as Richard Nixon, or as hated by partisans as George W. Bush—have fostered the creation of a permanent multimillion-dollar cottage industry devoted to attacking them.” (And for an impressive presentation of this issue I highly recommend Hanna Rosin’s piece “Among the Hillary Haters”, also in the Atlantic.)

Compare for example the treatment Hillary is getting due to her private email “scandal” to that of General David Petraeus. Hillary has been accused of hosting a personal email server that “might” have made classified documents less secure, even though the documents in question were not classified as secret at the time she received and/or sent them. (Side note: some government documents receive secret classifications “at birth”, while other can be retroactively classified as secret.) In order for Clinton to have committed a criminal act, she would have had to knowingly and willfully mishandle material that was classified at the time she did so. After months of investigation no one has accused her of doing that, and it doesn’t appear as if anyone will.

General Petraeus on the other hand, while he was Director of the CIA, knowingly gave a journalist, who was also his mistress, a series of black books which according to the Justice Department contained, “classified information regarding the identities of covert officers, war strategy, intelligence capabilities and mechanisms, diplomatic discussions quotes and deliberative discussions from high level National Security Council meetings and [Petraeus’] discussions with the president of the United States of America.” Petraeus followed that up by lying to numerous government officials, including FBI agents, about what he had done. And lets not forget that according to the Uniform Code of Military Justice, adultery is itself a court-martial offense. And I remind you that none of this is in dispute. Petraeus admitted to all of it.

Petraeus’ violations were significantly more egregious than anything Clinton is even remotely accused of. And yet Republicans and other Hillary foes are howling about her issue, wearing “Hillary for Prison 2016” t-shirts while insisting that this disqualifies her from public office. Meanwhile even after pleading guilty to his crimes Petraeus continued to be the recipient of fawning sentiments from conservatives. Senator John McCain stated that, “All of us in life make mistakes and the situation now, I hope, can be put behind him…” Politico quoted a former military officer who worked with Petraeus as calling the entire situation “silly”. Prominent Republicans have already made it clear that they would call him back to work in the highest levels of government if they win the Presidency. And some are still attempting to convince him to seek the Presidency himself.

Why is Hillary Clinton being held to such an obviously different standard than Petraeus? Is it really only politics? ( or sexism? )

3) Money — OK let’s talk about her money. Hillary has a lot of it. And she has earned most of it through well-paid speaking fees. And the idea of getting paid $200,000 or more for a single speech seems so ludicrous to many people that they assume that it simply must be some form of bribery. But the truth is that there is a large, well-established and extremely lucrative industry for speaking and appearance fees. And within that industry many celebrities, sports stars, business leaders and former politicians get paid very well. At her most popular for example, Paris Hilton was being paid as much as $750,000 just to make an appearance. Kylie Jenner was once paid over $100,000 to go to her own birthday party, and to this day Vanilla Ice gets $15,000 simply to show up with his hat turned sideways.

And let’s talk about the more cerebral cousin of the appearance agreement, which is the speaking engagement. Is $200k really that unusual? In fact “All American Speakers”, the agency that represents Clinton, currently represents 135 people whose MINIMUM speaking fee is $200,000. Some of the luminaries that get paid this much include: Guy Fieri, Ang Lee, Carla Delevingne, Chelsea Handler, Elon Musk, Mehmet Oz, Michael Phelps, Nate Berkus, and “Larry the Cable Guy”. And no that last one is not a joke. And if you drop the speaking fee to $100k, the number of people they represent jumps to over 500. At $50,000 the number jumps to over 1,200. And All American Speakers are obviously not the only agency that represents speakers. So there are in fact thousands of people getting paid this kind of money to give a speech.

For millions of Americans struggling to pay their bills, the very idea that someone can make $100,000 or more for just giving a speech or hanging out at a Vegas nightclub is obscene. But as Richard Nixon used to say, “don’t hate the player, hate the game.” Hillary didn’t invent the speaking engagement industry, and she isn’t anywhere near the first person to make a lot of money from it. And while her fees are in the upper range of what speakers make, neither they nor the total amount of money she has made are unusual. It’s just unusual FOR A WOMAN.

And yes, I’m back on that, because I feel compelled to point out that before he ran for President in 2007, Rudy Giuliani was making about $700,000 a month in speaking fees with an average of $270k per speech. It’s estimated that in the 5 years before his run he earned as much as $40 million in speaking fees. Nobody cared, no accusations of impropriety were made, and there was almost no media interest. So why did Giuliani get a pass, while Hillary stands accused of inherent corruption for making less money doing the same thing?

And speaking of corruption, after leaving the Florida governor’s office Jeb Bush made millions of dollars in paid speeches. This includes large sums he collected from a South Korean metals company that reaped over a BILLION dollars in contracts from his brother’s presidential administration. Speaking to an Indian newspaper about this type of thing Bush said, “This is the life of being the brother of the president.” Do you remember reading all about that while Jeb was running for President? I didn’t think so. Jeb got a pass too.

So if this discussion is really about money in politics that’s fine. But I’m going to need someone to explain to me why we only seem to focus on it when the person making the money has a vagina.

4) Wall Street — First things first. No, the majority of the money Clinton has made from speaking fees did not come from Wall Street. In fact it’s not even close. She has given nearly 100 paid speeches since leaving the State Dept., and only 8 were to “Wall Street” banks. Nearly all of her speeches were to organizations like American Camping Association, Ebay, Cisco, Xerox, Cardiovascular Research Foundation, United Fresh Produce Association, International Deli-Dairy-Bakery Association, California Medial Association, A&E Television Networks, Massachusetts Conference for Women, U.S. Green Building Council, National Association of Realtors, American Society of Travel Agents, Gap, National Association of Convenience Stores, the National Association of Chain Drug Stores, Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, etc.

Corporations and Associations pay large fees for important speakers all of the time. And Hillary got booked fairly often because she is interesting and popular, and because there’s a great deal of status attached to having her speak at an event. Ignoring all of this however, a large contingent of anti-Hillary people continue to insist that all speaker’s fees from Wall Street banks were bribes, and that because of this they “own” her. But by that logic shouldn’t we all be asking what the fuck the American Camping Association is up to?

Also, with the possible exception of one speech given to Deutsche Bank, all of Hillary’s 8 speeches to Wall Street were for a speaking fee of $225,000. That does not even break the top 20 of her highest paid speeches. For example she received over $275,000 each in three speeches she gave to The Vancouver Board of Trade, the Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal, and Canada 2020. So apparently Canadians also “own” her. And I don’t know what those nefarious Canadians are up to, but it probably has something to do with goddamn poutine. Which would really piss me off except I just remembered that I kind of like poutine so never mind.

Listen, does Wall Street have influence with Hillary? Grow up, of course they do. Wall Street is one of the key engines of the American economy, and as such has enormous influence with everyone. EVERYONE. Don’t kid yourself on that point. And aside from anything else, she was a 2-term Senator of New York, and this made Wall Street an important corporate member of her constituency. The issue is not influence. The issue is whether or not paid speeches and campaign donations alone are proof of corruption. And they’re not. And the last time I checked there was an important difference between association and guilt, between proof and slander.

And again: why is Hillary being held to a standard that never appears to be applied to her male counterparts? Am I not supposed to notice that a media frenzy has been aimed at Hillary Clinton for accepting speaking fees of $225,000 while Donald Trump has been paid $1.5 MILLION on numerous occasions with hardly a word said about it? Am I supposed to not notice that we are now in an election season in which Donald Trump, a proud scam artist whose involvement in “Trump University” alone is being defined by the New York Attorney General as “straight-up fraud”, is regularly calling Hillary Clinton “Crooked Hillary” and getting away with it? ( sexism?)

What the actual fuck is going on here? What’s going on is what we all know, but mostly don’t want to admit: presidential campaigns favor men, and the men who campaign in them are rewarded for those traits perceived as being “manly” - physical size, charisma, forceful personality, assertiveness, boldness and volume. Women who evince those same traits however are usually punished rather than rewarded, and a lot of the negativity aimed at Hillary over the years, especially when she is seeking office, has been due to these underlying biases. There is simply no question that Hillary has for years been on the business end of an unrelenting double standard. And her battle with societal sexism isn’t going to stop because of her success anymore than Obama’s battle with racism stopped once he was elected. These are generational issues, and we are who we are.

And actually, this only makes her victory all the more amazing. And maybe it’s OK if we pause for a moment from the accusations and paranoia and just acknowledge her enormous accomplishments. 

In the entire history of our nation, only 6 Presidents have also served as Secretary of State. Only 3 have served both as Secretary of State and in Congress. By any objective measure Hillary Clinton is not just the most qualified candidate this season, she’s one of the most qualified people to ever seek the office. The New York Times in endorsing her stated that, “voters have the chance to choose one of the most broadly and deeply qualified presidential candidates in history.” Jonathan Bernstein at Bloomberg stated that, “she is probably the best qualified presidential candidate ever.” Even Marco Rubio, one-time choice of the GOP establishment (and tea-party love-child) stated in a Republican debate that, “If this is a resume contest, Hillary Clinton is going to be the new President of the United States.”

Hillary is nobody’s idea of perfect. Fine. But in my view if a man with her qualifications were running in the Democratic primary, Bernie would have been done before he even started. And if a man with her qualifications had been running for the Republicans, they’d be anointing him the next Reagan while trying to sneak his face onto Mount Rushmore.

Most of the people who hate Hillary when she’s running for office end up liking her just fine once she’s won. And I have every confidence that history will repeat itself again this November. As for myself, I have been watching Presidential elections since Nixon. And never in my life has there been an easier or more obvious choice than now. Trump is not merely a bad choice, he is (as many leading Republicans have already admitted) a catastrophic choice, unfit in every possible way for the office of the Presidency.

As such, I happily voted for Hillary in my primary. And I will proudly vote for her in November. Yes she will disappoint us all on occasion. Who doesn’t? But I think she’s also going to surprise a lot of people. She will fear neither consensus when possible nor ass-kicking when necessary. She will safeguard us from the damage a right-wing Supreme Court would inflict on the nation. She will stand for the rights of women, LGBT Americans, and minorities. She will maintain critical global relationships, and she will react to dangerous situations with the temperament of a seasoned and experienced professional. And in a nation that didn’t even allow women to vote until 1920, she will make history by shattering the very highest glass ceiling, and in doing so forever change the way a generation of young women view their place in our Republic. 

She’s going to be a fine President. 
I’m with her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 10:32 am

Wow, no one seems to be on the forum lately and it seems a good time to voice information.  So much on Facebook is direct quotes from bias sources.  Is it possible to have information that is accurate?  I think not.

My main objection to Donald Trump and the Republican party is their party platform.  It sets back the rights hard won by our mothers and their contemporaries and continues a system of elitism.  I just can't be in favor of that - even if Donald Trump wasn't a speaking disaster, a person who uses the system to his benefit to not pay his contractors through bankruptcies, and now it appears he doesn't pay taxes and he isn't as rich as he claims.  None of which is a surprise.  Any of the other Republican candidates would have been tolerable, but not their platform.  

I vote for women's rights to their own health decisions for their own bodies.  I vote for the right to keep my religious views to myself and not have anyone else's rammed down my throat through the legislative process.  I vote for voting rights for everyone and to stop the stupidity about the fantasy "voter fraud."  Voting rights should be granted with the social security card and confirmed at the age of voting. I vote to continue the very well functioning medicare system and social security funded by annuity systems.  It has saved today's boomers from homelessness. It's either pay with social security or pay with other safety net programs. The payments into social security should continue with no cut off.  When people stop earning, they stop paying.  There should be a means test for receiving it - maybe it's $million - at some point, its purpose is lost otherwise.  The purpose of social security is guarantee that working citizens upon retirement, disabled and children are not living in poverty.  It's not intended as my friends call it, "their fun money that they can blow 'cause they don't need it."  Too many people need it.  I vote for education that is equal across the United States with an emphasis on the early years - real equality of quality instruction, quality curriculum, quality buildings in safe locations and enough social workers and nurses so teachers can teach.  Every child needs to be in uniform even if its a walmart t and walmart shorts. I vote for free education for those students buckled down and moving through the system, not fluttering around.  I vote for higher education at the student's pace - not set grades.  I vote for required national service for one to two years before the age of 21, either part time or full time that includes local neighborhoods to military.  
I vote for term limits and the destruction and reconstruction of gerrymandered districts.  I vote for a new evaluation of when Congress works and consequences for accomplishing nothing.  I vote for signed non-competes that prevent elected officials from lobbying at the end of their terms - they should return to their previous occupations, not milk the system.  I vote for campaign funding limits and free PSA to get their message out on tv and radio without special interest paying for it - so a poor man or woman can run and be heard without undue influence. 

I want more, but it won't come from the new republican party that is not my republican party any more.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 2:42 pm

The voting system only works if elected representatives actually represent the voters who voted them into office. Trump will represent the voters because they want the things he's promising. Clinton wants to tell the voters what's best for them once she's elected. Big difference.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 6:35 pm

So far it appears the voters that want what Trump proposes are old, white men who lack education and resent their situation in the economy.  There are many differences between the republican platform and the words that come from Trump, also confusing.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 8:31 pm

8/14

I just read their is a secret investigation by the FBI of the Clinton Foundation, someone
on the inside is leaking this information  and I wouldn't be surprised this person goes to jail !
They said the information so far gathered in the matter of three weeks is so daming to Hillary
she may be arrested for taking money from foreign govt who passed it on to the Clinton Found.
Bill is also under investigation......

Cheers...........Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 5:01 am

dkchristi wrote:
So far it appears the voters that want what Trump proposes are old, white men who lack education and resent their situation in the economy.  There are many differences between the republican platform and the words that come from Trump, also confusing.

I don't think LC fits the profile of an uneducated, old white man. You once referred to the UK as a small group of islands, which belies the UK's status in Europe and the world.  Great Britain is currently second in the Olympic medal table, behind the US and above China, Germany and Russia. Although the US lead, the gap between them and the rest of the world is narrowing. This is true in all walks of life. Trump is offering the electorate the chance to make America the leading power it once was. Clinton wants minority groups to rule and be all things to all men, which will slide America into greater obscurity.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 7:42 am

??? The polling statistics indicate that the majority of Trump supporters are older white men who lack education and who have been disappointed by the economy that no longer provides high paying jobs for people with limited educations.  I am disappointed also; however, I have so many concerns about the Republican party platform that my decision is based on a preponderance of issues on that platform that are detrimental to many other people from voting rights to civil rights and rights of women in particular.  I already started my list in another post.

I don't believe I intended referring to the UK as a small group of islands as a negative (though I don't remember the context or the comment) since I am of English and Irish heritage and fully proud of what that small group of islands has accomplished in the world.  

Trump's "return to greatness" represents a return to the 1950s when men ruled, women were barefoot and pregnant and used coat hangers for abortions, safety and wage regulations were non-existent and segregation was the rule.  I base this on the words he speaks, not the representations by the press.  I do know that when people favor a political point of view their mind skews what they hear. Fortunately, Donald Trump speaks clearly and repeats himself so it is impossible to miss his meaning.

Just as every democrat is not a "liberal," every republican does not threaten my belief in a just and quality life for U.S. citizens.  It is unfortunate that we have become so divided that people can't enjoy their common ground and must grind out their differences instead.

I definitely do not want a Republican White House, a Republican Congress and a Republican Supreme Court. Many states are already republican run. The Bush Administration destroyed the middle class and enriched the elite.  Period.  It was a time when to question government was considered unpatriotic in this country.  

I went to Washington, D.C. as an honorary political intern for the republican party and served with the National Association of Manufacturers followed by employment by them for a brief time.  I am fiscally conservative, environmentally concerned, believe in religious freedom, support small business development as the backbone of the nation and yet see taxes as the means to provide the safety and just society sought by citizens.  The republican party that sent me to Washington, D.C. is not today's party nor is their candidate representative of my perspective on our nation.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2016 3:59 pm

Trump supporters in highly paid jobs are unwilling to state their support openly for fear of retaliation from the leftists, who are hostile to anyone who opposes their narrow views. The left have claimed the moral high ground, yet their bigoted behaviour rivals anything the reblicans exhibit. Freedom of speech is not alive and kicking in the USA; only the electorate can reverse this.

"Like many Trump supporters, Jake believes the country is in trouble, saddled with too much debt, not enough good jobs, and a political system that benefits the wealthy and the elite. In his view, it's the very rich who have benefited from the Obama economy, including the banks that were bailed out after the financial crisis."

http://uk.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-in-silicon-valley-2016-7
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 8:43 am

That was an interesting article.  Since ALL my long-term friends with a few exceptions are Republican, I understand his frustration.  Many of my same friends are born-again Christians who continue to pray that I will be saved (though I was saved several times in my youth) or very wealthy. The funny thing is that I respect them for their beliefs but they won't leave me alone for mine - they are angry at me and fling the word "liberal" around like it's an epithet.  

Florida is a Republican state. Everyone around me is Republican and the wealth just oozes out of the most expensive automobiles produced that are seen on the local streets several at a time in season. To favor democrats here is to be a do-gooder, a person who praises the impoverished over the successful, etc. - I've heard it all.

In the end, we have to take in the information and mix it up with our own values.  I have done that and see Donald Trump as the star in the Emperor's New Clothes.  Those who are taken in by his performance forgot how well things were going until our president was indiscreet and was caught.  

The Bush Administration was destructive and took the entire nation down.  However, we forget.  We pick and choose what we wish to remember.  It was the Bush Administration that had 911 - that implemented the destruction of personal freedoms, that allowed the housing bubble, that allowed the fall of Wall Street and the destruction of the savings for retirement of the middle class  - that started the race of the global corporate giants to foreign countries for more profits from less safety regs and slave wages, and it was the Obama administration that picked up the pieces but was prevented from putting them together by a Congress sworn to destroy his administration so they could elect a president.  

Yet, in spite of an obstructionist environment, the economy improved, Wall Street is booming, employment is up even though many whose jobs are obsolete are scrambling and the over 55 generation retired when they couldn't get employed again - thus, forever living less well than if they had another ten years of employment. And the insurance improved health for many though it has its many problems.  I always felt the very successful medicare program should have simply been expanded to universal insurance - but no one listens to me :-)

Of course, my analysis is much too brief, too summary, to simplistic.  It is, however, what I have experienced by losing my employment, my investments, and my ability to move forward in a declining economy.  The wealthy only got wealthier, not because of the Obama administration, but because they got their start in the Bush Administration.  

But those who are republican leaning do not want to hear what they have done; they would rather blame one man who had an entire Congress and Supreme Court that were obstructionist.  In the parliamentary system, the ruling party and their leader - rule - at least in theory.  We purportedly have checks and balances until they put up a wall and choose to do nothing -which is what the Congress did.

Again - I challenge readers to read the Democratic Platform of 2008.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 3:54 am

You might find this equally worth reading:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/03/brexit-and-beyond-the-great-unruly-rebellion-against-the-neo-liberal-crony-capitalists.html
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 8:40 am

Great article.  Too bad writers see fit to use descriptive words that carry nuanced meanings instead of simply reporting facts - and the article included sufficient facts to make it a worthwhile read.  An astute reader still has to plow through the rhetoric.  How I miss the days of factual reporting - the training I had as a young idealist hoping for a career in radio or television.  Facts rained supreme then - and the reporter was to remain neutral.

I don't know the answer.  I do know that it's definitely not a Donald Trump who has nothing to offer but a big mouth and ego - I see some statue maker thinks like I do in seeing him as the naked Emperor from the allegory The Emperors New Clothes. He has so many marks against him with a party that is anti all the rights that have been hard won in this country.  Evolutionary change looks lovely to those of us on the sidelines who can philosophize about the integration of a diverse society while they lack the same rights of their citizenship that I enjoy by virtue of being white and Christian.

Young women needing safe abortions can't wait for a rebirth of compassion and the evolution of a nation that understands women have the right to determine their own health considerations.  Voting rights cannot be diminished but should instead be granted at the birth of U.S. citizenship and every person should be provided the access for their right to vote.  Of course, my list goes on - and it's not the republican platform. Purposefully feeding the hate and disillusionment for Trump's own gain is wrong.  Period.

Just because I choose a progressive candidate in Hillary Clinton does not mean I see her as the savior.  I see her as having the best qualifications next to the Donald who can't even keep a campaign staff together and brings in people whose background represents foreign powers and now his newest edition from a blog that is off the scale in the conspiracy theory and mean-spirited half-truth reporting on the Internet.  I do understand the disillusioned people - I am one myself - craving change but he isn't change.  He's just a con-man, used car salesman with money.  He's an embarrassment to me as a former republican and as a U.S. Citizen.

No, I don't like the legal issues that float around Hillary Clinton or the ties and "cronyism" in both parties.  She's the best we've got and she will have checks and balances for sure.  She at least surrounds herself with knowledgeable people.  When I need a new roof, I don't hire my gardener though he is a lovely gardener with a great smile who is multi-talented.  Hillary is qualified for the president position.  Her V.P. is also a fine, bright individual much to offer the people of this nation.

I'm sorry that the Bush Administration took the nation down such a horrible spiral when before their reign, the country was booming (me too!)  Of course it is always the least who take the longest to recover - worldwide - and have the most to compare their dire situation to by looking at the continued rise of the elite class, connected and global.  

Your article above praised evolutionary change.  Unfortunately, in this time of modern communication where the least economically see every day the world of the elite thrown in their face - they won't wait.  Severe measures must be taken to share the wealth of the world better than the elite choose.  They live in a protected bubble - or as my friends lived in Mexico - behind 8 foot stucco walls infused with glass shards surrounded by a walled in mote where the guard dogs ran and trained guards with military weapons at the one gated entry - and hired guards to accompany their children.  Because the rest of the people around them lived in conditions we can't even look at without becoming ill.  

"You become conditioned after awhile"  friends who lived in India said. "You don't see these people."  I see them.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 12:19 pm

8/19/2016

HILLARY NO WAY......You would be out of your Mind !!!

Cheers.....Joe.............
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 12:57 pm

Trump no way.  There are third party candidates but they can't garner sufficient votes. I like the Green party myself.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 3:37 pm

8/19

Just read a Federal Judge ordered Hillary to answer questions on why she
used a private server ! They want to compare what she told Congress, what she told the
FBI and then they'll compare answers if she lied she can go to prison for Perjury and
obstruction of justice... Oh DK be careful of the mosquitos there's a high alert in Fl...

Cheers.....Joe
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 5:39 pm

Thanks for the mosquito warning.  I try to keep out of them, but they want to get in the house and ride in on a shirt.  Fortunately at my age illness is the worst, but I feel so badly for those who are younger, potentially and actually pregnant and sexually active.  The consequences are potentially so dire for their children and such a worry for an expectant mother who is supposed to not be stressed.

Don't you feel a bit sorry for Hillary Clinton and respect her just a bit for the many years of investigations that have never led to convictions just grief and distress to her.  If she had stayed home with her daughter and washed dishes and cooked and cleaned instead of serving people who needed her expertise, she would never have faced such disrespect.  If you do nothing, you have noone to answer to but yourself.  In her case, she led a useful and beneficial life of service to people and her nation.

I admire her fortitude in facing these relentless inquisitors, surviving a philandering spouse with dignity and keeping her family together like the Christian Methodist she is (though she was mistreated in the press for not leaving her husband).  There is much to admire in Hillary Clinton and a lesser man would never have survived the relentless grilling she has been through over and over again.  She spent eleven hours in one grilling session - that's inhuman.  And Trump has the gaul to say she's not strong.  

I do love debating with you, Joe.  Especially because you are a compassionate and caring person (or you couldn't love your cat so much) and we remain friends in spite of our differences.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 7:24 am

8/20

DK...

Thank you ! I think your either after my heart or my cat ? ....LOL... Lately I have lost
my passion for politics, it's becoming  bloody bore, this is the worst I've seen since I was 12 in
1960 then the Democratic party was different. I have so many things to do this coming week, I'm
moving thanks to God answering my prayers, my partner and I were renting a house from the
Landlord from " HELL ," history: He rented the house two years ago, I signed a new lease with
his landlord allowing me to share the house, get this she's a school teacher, him I don't know !
But after I moved in I noticed they were getting demanding, she wanted me to move the slate
pavers ( which are heavy !) and weed, I couldn't do it ! He showed up one day and told my
partner you have to sand the Portal, the edging of the roof then I want you to stain it all around
the outside of the house ! Then the septic tank backed up, they were pissed, cost them $400- so
what did my partner do, he wrote them a check for it, in order to keep the peace, then a week
later her husband showed up and told my partner you owe me $700- for supplies and having the
Plummer  come out to put on the Swamp Cooler ,  he meekly wrote him a  check ! Then  my partner
being a good soft hearted soul was told you need to paint the inside of the back door, so he did plus
he painted the outside and the other door going on the opposite side of the house...Well this gave the
landlords the excuse for get out in 30 days ! Plus he said our lease was terminated and raised the
rent from $1300- to $1500- a month on a month to month ! We spoke to a tenant landlord advocate
and she said hello, your 2 yr lease is in effect, it has to be a written agreement not verbal ! So they were in the wrong...Two days later I was looking and found a new house, for $1000- per month it's on 10 acres of land, a lady who's in her 70's owns it, very nice from back East...  were both happy..

Cheers...........Joe
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 12:47 pm

Glad to know that some things work out right in the end.  Maybe you could help with my roof.  What a nightmare!
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Joe, you are too old for these adventures! Settle down, now.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 4:16 pm

I am hoping Abe is okay.  It has been awhile since we have heard from him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 9:46 am

It's great that Abe is back.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 9:51 am

Continued musings - political

It just seems to me when so many respected people in the Republican party and newspapers do not endorse Donald Trump that there is something deeply flawed in the candidate regardless of my own opinion.

What I see and hear is not what I wish to see and hear in the President of the U.S. if I knew nothing else.  Secretary Clinton on the other hand knows what to say, is well informed, and would make me a proud U.S. citizen when she spoke.

I have known many people like both candidates, flawed and political with ego sufficient to seek the presidency (it takes a certain type of individual to seek a $400,000 a year job with so much responsibility and so few great rewards.)

Between the two, Hillary strikes me as having a purpose to serve the people of the nation; whereas, Donald Trump shows no evidence of serving anyone else in life but himself.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 5:13 pm

10/4

I do know one thing , I'm not voting....I don't like  Hillary, I know of all her
scandals that go back 30-40 yrs, I have a good friend who had a husband FBI and he
told her stories when they lived in Little Rock, when Clinton was Gov. even then Hillary
was a pit bull ...... Getting rid of Bill's scandals....

Cheers.........................Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 5:12 am

Joe.  I don't think you are alone in not voting or wanting to vote.  IMV, there is no choice.  Having a choice thrust upon us is not voting your conscious.

Last edited by Abe F. March on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 7:25 am

10/5

As a 4th generation American my privilege  is  to wait this one out, no
voting like hundreds of thousands of other Americans were tired of the corrupt
system and politicians who lie.....And they all do lie both sides  of the isle..

Cheers........Joe
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2016 12:25 pm

Read this, Joe:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/ann-coulter-donald-trump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

D. K. Christi's musings
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next