Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

D. K. Christi's musings

Go down 
+3
Abe F. March
alice
dkchristi
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

D. K. Christi's musings Empty
PostSubject: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 11:01 am

Anger in the U.S.

I believe that the disengagement of families and extended families, the inhumane treatment of employees by corporations, the inhumane working conditions U.S, corporations profit from sending jobs overseas, the abuse of animals for the purpose of cheap food, the technology explosion with little preparation, the angry television shows and movies without balancing joy from musicals and joyful productions, the high cost of education, the inconsistent quality of lower education across the nation, the undercurrent of bigotry, bias and prejudice, the isolation of people in the U.S. in their automobiles traveling long, tiring distances, the overpopulation of cats and dogs instead of opening homes to children either by birth, adoption of foster care, the selfishness that drives careers instead of marriage, the economy that drives two parents to putting all their energy into earning income instead of enjoying their families, the skyrocketing costs to the nation of pharnaceuticals, insurance and healthcare and disregard for saving our beautiful earth are all ordinary citizen centered reasons that create an atmosphere of anger instead of generosity and joy.  When people behave in hateful ways and receive hateful treatment - where's the joy?

These actions are fed by global corporate control of the nation's income and wages, greedy politicians for whom service is a financially lucrative ideas instead of serving their constituents, the television, internet and radio propaganda that serves its perpetrators and traps its listeners with half truths and blaming scenarios.

Instead of an informed nation, we are poorly informed - spoon fed what global control of the economy and political greed finds useful.  We are too busy earning a living to learn for ourselves the priorities and truths that would assist us with good decision making.  We are easily led.  All of us, from the highest IQ to the least able.  We are busy living in fear - fear of losing what little we have - fear of our neighbor - fear of loss of income - fear of bad elements - fear of police - fear of government.  It is in families and communities that we learn trust.  With neither, we have learned to fear instead.

As for the upcoming election, I love what Bernie Sanders has been saying for years.  However, his policies are too far to the left to be entirely practical and he needs to embrace wealth as useful instead of heinous.  All wealth is not the crux of evil though much of it is.  Balance is what is needed.

As for HIllary Clinton.  Whatever imperfections on which people wish to zero, these imperfections are found because she has been in the public serving the nation for so many years a mistake or two is likely. 

As for Donald Trump.  He is a master manipulator, entertainer and branding genius.  He has learned after four bankruptcies to not involve himself in investments with his own money but instead sells his name for exorbitant fees.  Having been cheated out of money I was justly owed through another's bankrupcy - four time is a hideous thing to do to creditors regardless of whether it's "legal."  And to profit from other's loss is not the example I want as president.

As for Ted Cruz, he is the opposite of Bernie Sanders - and too far in that opposite direction. 

I sort of like the governor of Ohio but he'll never get elected.

I am going to vote for Hillary Clinton because she is the most experienced, the most qualified, level-headed, has always worked for the betterment of all people in the U.S. yet has no intention of robbing from the rich to help the poor but rather her intentions are to find balance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 11:26 am

She, Hillary is such a bore though.
I want Obama again.  Michelle should run.  
She is a lawyer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Some day President Obama will be recognized for the policies he attempted to put in place to elevate the U.S. citizens to better economic status, the policies he did put in place (everything he promised the electorate except emptying Guantanimo - which he is still working on) and his presidential stature and disposition.  Like Jimmy Carter to whom he's compared, President Obama is a moral man who has made his family a priority.  I love his wife and her garden and improved school lunches and bettering the lives of military families.  I love her smile and her style and the way she supports her husband without diminishing herself as intelligent and lovely.

He inherited a virtual hell of a fallen economy, three wars and a mad Congress determined to destroy the man that beat their choices - twice.  Yes, the American people spoke and he implemented their wishes - an improved economy, high stock market yields, pulling back from war, re-establishing a world presence, jobs, and the list goes on.  He did it with a smooth disposition and in spite of zero cooperation and downright obstruction.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 3:17 pm

Next subject:  Flint, Michigan

War was declared on Flint, Michigan by the governor.  He poisoned the water and destroyed the pipes that delivered water for 100,000 citizens, harming children and elderly the most - the chidlren for the rest of their lives. 

The people of flint need to be treated like refugees - removed to Detroit where there is clean water and plenty of housing.  Empty Flint.  Take any funds due Flint and use them to hire the unemployed Flint citizens to repair houses in need of repair and clean up the Detroit neighborhoods where they are moved.  Move all the businesses.  Bring int he military to accomplish the move.  And do it now.

This is a war by a state government directed against innocent citizens.  They need to be protected from their government and the entire government needs to be tried for poisoning the people.  New eletions need to be held once the 100,000 Flint people are settled in new, comparable homes with clean Detroit water.  Put soldiers in the schools as teachers - they make wonderful teachers. 

Instead, the Congree went home for a two week recess and left the poisoned citizens with bottled water and filters that don't filter out the horror that travels through every home and business in the city of Flint.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 12:51 am

Good stuff, DK.  I especially like your comments about Obama and comparing him to Carter - both honorable men.  As for the current band of candidates, there is no clear choice and we wind up voting our conscious.  Concerning Trump, it is clear to people around the world (according to the media) that he would be a disaster to America and the world.  The most positive thing he did was to expose the underlying hate and bigotry still existing.  Working to correct that should be part of any new President's agenda.  Sanders has expressed his views on that along with other things concerning the welfare of Americans.  He is old and he is not perfect.  I wouldn't be concerned about his "extreme views".  Getting them passed by any congress mix would be a problem.  We have only to remember how Obama's programs were blocked to dismiss the "extreme" element.  Balance as mentioned by Alice is what is needed.  Concerning extreme views:  When something is extreme to the right or left, bringing that to a balance requires extreme in the opposite direction. JMO.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:38 am

Thank you Abe and Alice for responding to my musings.  I think about these things and often find my thoughts are not in sync with a world view.

I find the Flint water situation abysmal - and nothing has been done yet except a bunch of blame, buck passing and talking and gesturing.  What if a terrorist had poisoned the water?  Wouldn't the nation be up in arms?  Wouldn't the people be evacuated and put in safe homes and the piping immediately changed out and the system fixed?  It's schools.  It's businesses.  It's everything dependent on water for live, the very basics of what is expected from government in civil society that pays taxes.

So, today my newspaper is full of all the other places in the U.S. where lead is an issue or was an issue.  In the meantime, Flint continues.  I'd like to see those politicians all sent to live in flint and bathe with bottled water when the rest of the U.S. has real water from pipes. 

This is the stuff I'm tired of.  I'm tired of accusations and buck passing and blame creation.  Just do the job.  Just fix things.  Shut up, politicians, and do something useful instead of heading off for vacation every time there's a crisis to consider or an appointment to make.

Which takes me to appointments.  For goodness sake stop wasting the taxpayers' time and appoint the new justice - he's already been vetted by the Republicans and serving in a Federal, life-time position. What a farce.  And the stupid public allows these politicians to continue sucking our taxes and doing nothing by re-electing them.

This year I'm going to write in people I believe should be in office, regardless of the party.  I'm sick of only having choices that are bought and paid for.  There's zillions of people forced into retirement with oodles of skill and experience who could go to Congress for a four-year term and move mountains.  There are zillions of new college graduates with new tools that could mix with the old folks (the new, retired one-termers) and share their technological and global expertise.

Why do we keep voting in the same people?  Can't someone make a list of those who have actually accomplished something, those who actually work, from any party and let us know who they are?  Then we can vote for them and throw out the rest.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 10:41 am

I forgot to add - give professors 4-year sabbaticals - give executives 4-year sabbaticals - and people from all professions - a chance to serve their country through legislation.  Give them opportunity to apply for the job just like anyone else, without having to buy the job.  It's like me going for an interview and paying the human relations department - and not able to interview if someone paid them more - (although that does happen in many ways....).
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 11:34 am

DK, it is frustrating to be sure.  I'm finding that social media provides more accurate information about events than what we hear from regular broadcasts.  Social media also provides an opportunity for feedback and discussion.  I just learned something today on FB that changed my view about Hillary Clinton and it is not positive.  Sometimes people forget what they did or said in the past that was recorded and comes back to bite them.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Keep your musings going, DK. Let this thread be your equivalent of Ann's joy thread.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Shelagh wrote:
Keep your musings going, DK. Let this thread be your equivalent of Ann's joy thread.

Very
good idea.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 6:46 pm

I find the Internet a useful tool.  However, so much of what is repeated and reported is altered and out of context that I remain suspicious of anything I read and even the sources quoted are not always reliable either.

A person needs to be measured by the accumulation of their best selves rather than the errors from which they may have learned. I started a political career and was advised to return to my home town and pursue teaching as my ethics were too hard line to survive the gray areas required to make the compromises and deals that move political goals.

My ethics have caused me much grief in my employment over the years when it would have been easier to let things go - to fudge figures - to report in a different way to hide the truth.  Unfortunately when I was a political intern, every mentor said absolute ethical consideration were a death knell for a politician, and especially a lobbyist (my training direction at that time).

Therefore, I try to judge a politician by their accomplishments rather than their errors, by their intentions rather than their failures and by the present rather than earlier errors from which they have likely learned a lot.

I do not find HIllary Clinton as free of fault or error.  I believe she has the experience and the class to be a leader in the modern world among nation states.  I believe she will make a great president.  I believe she is the best the current field has to offer - and a talented person with great enthusiasm, zeal and desire to do what's right for the country in today's world.  Is she perfect?  At least she's not hated by her own party such as Ted Cruise and Donald Trump.  She speaks with clarity and substance instead of glib, "I will make us great" or "I am my best adviser because I am smart."  Bernie Sanders has been a speaker on behalf of ordinary people and again, I find him a great person with sound ideas.  I'm sure he has his baggage too but no one's digging and  he hasn't been on the front of the news except by his own choice. He is not the person to be president in today's global economy where abrupt change will not happen.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 4:32 pm

Well, the Flint water situation has not yet been corrected.  Figures.  Instead they are listing all the rest of the places in the country where lead is found - many in schools.  That is good. 

The crumbling infrastructure in the U.S. was addressed by President Obama when he first took office with jobs for the unemployed in rebuilding that infrastructure.  Included were public buildings, roads, bridges and more.  It would have given employment and dignity to people across the nation.  Of course, its demise was part of the Republican obstruction plan to block everything from the President to bring him down - at the expense of the nation.

So, those people are now employed - in jobs with lower pay and less hours and likely different than those previously held.  Many people who were too qualified and useful to retire lost their jobs and went on early Social Security denying themselves higher benefits for the rest of their retirement.

Many are working three low-pay jobs with minimal benefits and likely just receiving insurance thanks to Obamacare.  These are the lost, hard-working individuals who may even be drawing food stamps because their housing and family needs are greater than three minimum wage jobs can cover.

Then there's the tv show, "Lives of the Rich" or something like that, with ostentatious spending that would support several families for several years to receive education and pull them out of grinding low pay work that leads nowhere but poverty.

Now, corporations are merging with companies in other countries and moving their headquarters there - benefiting from their start in this country but getting the heck out rather than paying back to the country that gave them and their executives and boards of directors and stockholders their wealth.

No, stockholders today are not the little people.  The little people have no extra to invest in any retirement savings.  They can barely pay their living expenses.  No, the only people gaining from the stock market are those gaining from the global economy - the top 1%.  Bernie Sanders sure has that one right.

People do have power.  Someone needs to dig out the companies who are not paying their fair share back into the U.S. economy - which can be measured in many ways - those who are exploiting the lack of safety and the subsistence wages of undeveloped countries - and stop spending money in their industries.  Period.  Stop. 

The little town of Immokalee grows tomatoes.  Uneducated farmworkers formed a little union of their own and created enough havoc with McDonalds that they received a bit higher pay for their tomatoes.  They also demonstrated at supermarkets and other restaurants and managed to get improvements in several areas.  I went to one of their meetings of smelly farmworkers after a 12 hour day being encouraged to risk their employment to make it better for everyone else.  It was inspiring.  And I keep shopping at Walmart.  I must learn to do with less so I don't need to save the money.

I am trying to shop wiser for my food to avoid as many chemicals as possible and GMO foods - but it's expensive.  How did we let our small farms turn into the chemical fed industrial machines that violate the life force is harmless animals to harvest their bodies to feed us cheaply and damage the vegetables and fruits forever to make them ship better and cost less?

We are losing entire species of fruits and vegetables as the power of the chemical companies prevent farmers from growing anything but the seeds bought by the industrial farms for fear that real food might contaminate that hybrid, GMO stuff.  Bananas are about 6 - 9 inches. Period.  That's the "preferred length by shoppers."  No - that makes them fit better for shipping and gassing to ripeness in the warehouses.  Boy, are we gullible.  Apples have been honed down to a few species when once there were dozens.  Notice how tough the skins are?  And tomatoes?  You need an axe to cut into either.  They ship without bruising though.

Enuf for tonight.  I seem to be rattling from one subject to another.  I am in the older generation and the youth doesn't know any better than the food they eat, the Chinese manufactured items of lesser quality they buy in even the top stores, the Chinese parts hidden in their "U.S. manufactured" stuff.  Why bother to care?
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 6:10 pm

I care.  I grow mostly pesticide free veges and offer to deliver at about the same price as Publix within a 30 mile radius.  It is mostly about routine, I think.  People are used to going to the big grocer and getting all the toilet paper and paper towels, fish and meats, different breads and often household items like rugs and dishes all in one place.  It is hard to compete with that with people who work all the time and have a limited time to look for fresh and better.  It just does not happen enough..Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 7:28 pm

4/6

I was very " HAPPY !" to hear that Bernie beat the hell out of Hillary !
           I just read today it was leaked from someone in the govt. or FBI the
           10 questions they will ask her , if she gives the same old lies , guess 
           what they consider that perjury, time in jail ! She's a Charlatan or as I
           call her a carpetbagger ! I'm elated he's beating the pants off of her, she
           kept saying in the last month or so " Now that I have it all sewn up, on
           to me beating Donald...Boy what a fool she is, the public don't like it
           when a politician thinks they have it when they don't, now she refuses
           to give the day and time for another one on one debate..She's a fool !!

Cheers......Joe........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Her worst flaw is she is a  bore and speaks like a screech owl.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptySat Apr 16, 2016 2:30 pm

It is unfortunate that women's voices have a different source than men's voices.  Thus, we have an expectation that a woman will speak smooth and softly yet be heard.  It doesn't work that way in public.  When you speak often, the vocal cords wear and change the voice.  People who sing are trained to preserve their voice.  People who speak often are not.

Personally, I think Donald Trump sounds creepy and Bernie Sanders sounds strident and preachy.  Ted Cruz always sounds irritated or angry.  I like the way Kasich sounds - voice wise.  He's pleasant to hear.

Fortunately, so long as the candidates are not tongue tied, it is the quality of their mind that will make the difference, not the quality of their voice, when it comes to leading the U.S.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 10:52 am

Well, here I go again - after quite awhile away.  The election hoopla continues in spite of me not writing about its every nuance.  I'm pleased to note that my facebook pages are not full of ugly posters and bad language like other campaigns, though a few seem to slip in.

It seems I've lost a friend.  Since the campaign and election of President Obama, my friend (at a slowing pace) sent me forwarded emails that I consider plain garbage and not fit for reading - and I told him so.  I told him so quite plainly and questioned his own wisdom at reading them and forwarding them, regardless of one's political orientation. Now, I don't hear from him at all.

We were a lively group, several of us that attended an exercise class together and carpooled when one gym closed and we moved on to a further one.  Sometimes we picked up food and gathered together to share a meal at one member's home or at a restaurant. 

All that was before the election that gave us President Obama. I was the lone person that was not hate-filled about those who voted for President Obama.  Everything else about these friends was delightful and fun - so political discussions only went so far and then I remembered the words of a friend of mine who was often slighted because of the color of her skin, "some people choose ignorance - it's their loss," and I kept my thoughts to myself.

I don't consider it "politically correct" to treat people with respect and dignity regardless of who they are. I consider it a mandate as a member of the human race. It's part of who I am as a human. It is our ability to communicate love, acceptance, understanding, compassion and more that distinguishes us from the animals.  Sometimes when I watch a family of chimps or lions, I wonder. 

Political debate is a healthy exchange of differing views. Just because our views differ does not mean that we hate those who see things differently or that they are to be despised, ridiculed and personally attacked.  So long as a candidate can put together a series of intelligent comments without a writer every time, their gravely voice from fatigue or their accent is no concern of mine.  If a great candidate is not a great, charismatic speaker, excellent elocution coaches are available and I recommend they improve their presentation style not to get my vote but to be able to express themselves in a manner more people will appreciate.  The need for elocution lessons is not a judgment on their qualifications for office.

I remember my sweet pastor who just couldn't grow his church.  He had a lovely message and a devoted congregation, but his charisma was non-existent.  He left the church and was gone for a few years where he studied under a great leader of a mega-congregation.  When he returned it was like day and night.  He was the same person, but his ability to reach people through his voice and even the organization of his talks - it was like a breath of fresh air.  The congregation grew.

Haven't we all had a variety of teachers and leaders, some from whom we learned by virtue of their genius and others by virtue of their teaching skills and others just because.  They were all qualified in their subject.  We just received them differently.  What if we spent our time criticizing their personal lives and their presentation style instead of recognizing their talent and their message?  We would have wasted valuable learning time.

Unfortunately, this year's election is coming to a contest between an immensely qualified candidate for the presidency based on experience, education and wisdom and a poorly qualified candidate who rose to prominence personally through questionable real estate deals originating with inherited money to play with and by purposefully creating a persona that reaches to the lowest levels of fear, bias and ignorance in a large section of the population. 

Schooled in "ratings," candidate Donald Trump is a practiced platform speaker.  I understand him well. When I was  spending a lot of time doing media presentations, a local cable channel would call me at the last minute when they had a snafu or no -show and I would jump at the chance to promote my programs.  One day the producer said to me, "I am so glad you are nearby.  You can fill more air time with nothing that the listener is sure is something than anyone I know. We always have a positive response to you."  I think it was meant to be a compliment - but I believe candidate Donald Trump has me beat ten-fold.

As my friend taught me, "some people choose ignorance - it is their loss."  Unfortunately, in an election, their loss is mine also.  I want the leader of the greatest power the world has known in modern times and the leader of freedom and representative democracy to represent me. I am educated.  I am experienced.  I am thoughtful. I respect all people and believe that to whom much is given, much is expected in return. 

Therefore, I am compassionate toward those whose lives were not as blessed with opportunity as mine has been.  I don't see that those who rise to financial mega wealth from the labors of workers in their global corporations  deserve to consistently live lives of ostentatious superwealth and not pay their taxes and not provide their workers with growing opportunities to share in the wealth of their labors. I believe in universal health care, universal education, food, shelter and meaningful employment as logical expectations in developed, diverse nations such as the U.S.

I find our incarceration system an abomination.  I find our health care costs a testament to greed and profit mongering at the expense of the population.  I find the treatment for addiction (or lack of it) archaic and one step from asylums. The inequity of education is an anathema. How can the 1% that holds all the wealth care so little about the future of a nation that depends on its youth - are they so enmeshed in their own daily consumption and preserving their wealth for their few offspring that a feudal system of peasants groveling at the bottom for food stamps while working full time is okay with them?  That potential disease and the fruits of addiction (theft, prostitution, murder, chaos) have no concern to them locked in their gated mansions from which they fly out by helicopter?

Those who don't want immigration haven't thought about their old age.  The white people who believe they are the entitled are having dogs instead of children.  Who will perform the work of the future to support the old people?  China is facing that very situation today because they limited childbirth and are now overrun with the elderly and less than sufficient youth to work and pay for their care. They don't have enough females for the number of males that one child only families that favored males as the rightful heir produced while girl babies were left by the side of the roads, aborted and disappeared.

And bring back manufacturing?  Bring back jobs already gone overseas?  We ruled out sweat shops with labor laws to provide safety to children and sanity to adults.  That's what the corporations shipped out - work that children and underpayed adults in poor working conditions will do in other countries - countries in the position of the U.S. when industrialization first began. 

Education, creativity, innovation, and brain occupations as well as those that require specific skill sets and diagnosis are what need to be encouraged.  Education systems need to be revamped to teach to the individual capacity to learn, not to the capacity of a neighborhood to fund a school.  Every prison needs to be closed and any person not a threat to society put into education and training and the money to support the prisons poured into education and health care for everyone.

Yes, this country does need a little of Senator Bernie Sanders, a lot of Secretary Hillary Clinton and none of the bigotry and showmanship of Donald Trump, the perfect representative of self greed and anything to get the bucks for himself, including four bankruptcies that left the creditors holding the losses instead of Trump.  I knew a man much like Trump who went bankrupt each ten years to clean things out and start fresh.

If I wasn't so afraid of a Republican White House and a Republican Congress, I would even say a little Republican Governor John Kasich would also suffice as an add on. I'd like to see a place for him in the Clinton administration.  I think he gets it - he's just stuck with the bad rap of being in the same party as candidate Donald Trump put himself to get elected.

My views change and evolve as I learn and listen. But no matter what, I don't hate anyone because they disagree with me.  I'm not angry with them.  When I state my views, people get made.  They call me ugly names.  They call me a left wing liberal like it's an epithet.  I want to starve the rich to feed the lazy.  Did I say anything like that?  Of course not.  It seems that when people run out of anything to support their beliefs with facts, then they must attack.  They are like a cornered animal, operating at the base, animal level.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 4:32 pm

Whew!  That D. K. Christi is too long winded to read the whole post!
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 4:46 pm

I read it. I'm waiting for the next installment.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 11:49 pm

What Shelagh said.  I find your musings interesting and factual.  There are a number of points you made that I could comment on intending to further expand what you said, however they don't require further clarification.  Just know that there is more agreement with your thoughts and feelings than you may realize.
Speaking out may irritate some, but the important part is that it causes people to think. 
Yesterday I viewed an interesting video “ Cannabis is in your DNA." https://www.facebook.com/mmjdoctors/?pnref=story  I suggest you view this informative video.  I intend to get some Cannabis and use it in salad.  Next step is to find a plant and grow my own.

Another subject that I continue to harp on and won’t stop is the continuing genocide in the M.E.  I watched a video with Jewish Professor Dr. Norman Finkelstein Shuts up a Zionist Israeli Student on Holocaust!! He was heckled, but not intimidated.  https://www.facebook.com/From-Darkness-To-Light-747419318721729/?pnref=story

No subject should be avoided for discussion since it is considered sensitive.  The fact that it is sensitive makes it important to discuss.  Avoiding a subject doesn’t make it go away.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyThu Apr 28, 2016 8:10 am

Today the Geman Foreign Minister (Secy of State) made a rare comment and said that Trump is suffering from a loss of reality.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 7:46 am

dk,
in 500 years from today, if this thread you wrote was found, how could anybody prove it true? Sure there are records, but records were written by men and women. Besides, much of the stuff on the net is not true. What would prove this thread true?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 9:03 am

Abe F. March wrote:
Today the Geman Foreign Minister (Secy of State) made a rare comment and said that Trump is suffering from a loss of reality.

lol!  A politician who believes that politicians don't suffer from a loss of reality!
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyWed May 18, 2016 8:40 am

Well, today I saw an interview with the Donald flirting openly in an interview with Megan Kelly.  I thought he might ask her for a date by the ending.  She even looked charmed by him occasionally.  

So much for political leadership in the U.S.  At least I had eight years of pride in the Administration and in the President of the United States.  It appears many in this country now want a celebrity instead of a leader.  Television has finally won - enter The Apprentice and "You are Fired." Yuch.  The people who support him don't care what he says, what his negative history includes, or anything at all - they just want Trump - like a drugged mass following their cult leader.  Ych again.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings EmptyWed May 18, 2016 8:41 am

And here are some thoughts on another topic:

http://www.tickld.com/x/the-next-time-someone-uses-the-bible-to-say-homosexuality-is-a-sin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D. K. Christi's musings   D. K. Christi's musings Empty

Back to top Go down

D. K. Christi's musings
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next