Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Randy Wallace

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Randy Wallace Empty
PostSubject: Randy Wallace   Randy Wallace EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 1:09 am

Randy Wallace is an author and was a participant on various author's forums.  His wife got leukemia more than a year ago.  They tried desperately to find donors for bone marrow transplant without success.  Friends did bake sales and yard sales to help raise funds for medical bills. 
This morning on Facebook, Randy reported that his wife, Wendy, passed during the night.  If you are on FB, you may want to send your condolences. 

So tragic.  He said that they had many plans and were hoping for her recovery to fulfill those plans.
I don't have any more details than what I'm sharing.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Randy Wallace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Wallace   Randy Wallace EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:31 am

Thanks for mentioning this, Abe. Randy did everything he could but was unable to stop the progression of the illness with its sad outcome. He and his family are in our thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Randy Wallace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Wallace   Randy Wallace EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 6:01 am

3/8

That is very sad, also the govt. should help with the costs !
    That's why so many people in this country need help hen they are ill.

Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Randy Wallace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Wallace   Randy Wallace EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 8:03 am

Whenever I hear about people who are struggling to pay medical bills while at the same time others criticize a universal healthcare program, it makes me angry.  Only when they need help will they realize the importance of having it.  The situation with Randy's wife cannot be evaluated without having all the facts, however it does pose questions.  Was there a problem finding a suitable doner due to costs? Finding a match for the bone marrow transplant is something the medical profession must do.  How much effort did they put into finding a match, if any?  It is pure guessing on my part, however understanding the way doctors and hospitals for profit work, I wouldn't be surprised if Randy's wife didn't get the help they should have based on cost.  Only Bernie Sanders is pushing a universal healthcare program.  Obama got it started and the program he envisioned was altered to a point where it is still lacking.  The major benefit to ACA is that "pre-existing" conditions are covered.  Whether it is affordable or not I cannot judge.  Whatever the case, when one needs care, it should be available to all and not just those who can afford to pay.  IMV, when a life is on the line, cost should not prevent someone receiving the best care available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Randy Wallace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Randy Wallace   Randy Wallace Empty

Back to top Go down

Randy Wallace
Page 1 of 1