Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Counting our blessings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10221
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Counting our blessings   Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:23 pm

A HS friend that Iíve kept in contact with over the years is traveling in Thailand.† Our emails are often just sharing amusing antidotes, but we also talk about serious things.† I responded to an email saying that I was envious of his travels and the life he was leading.† Here is his response:

ďThe old grass is always greener talk.† You are lucky, you have a family, mine didn't work out and I bet you aren't hurting for love.†ď

His email caused me to think about what I have and to count my blessings.† Searching for love is not found in ďone night standsĒ.†† Sometimes we donít appreciate what we have and think someone has it better while they may be searching for the things we have and take for granted.†
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12306
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Counting our blessings   Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:07 am

His response to you was certainly an antidote to help you appreciate your blessings ... and a very good anecdote!

Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Counting our blessings   Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:19 am

I spent a lot of time on the road. I always looked forward to getting home.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Counting our blessings   Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:14 am

Those of us who are old have seen friends and family die. I often remember things they had to do, and things they worried about...but now they are dead. How important were those things? Some people reach out for fame, and, or fortune. Those who reach their goal also age, and die.
As long as the human family has death as a companion, there can be little reward in life. Death has to be done away with, and some of us believe God will do away with death, and many do not.

I often read accounts of before the Great Flood. There is writing older than the Gilgamesh. The Akkadian is dated to the time of Noah. The scriptures say the last days of our system will be like in the days of Noah. One event just before the flood was millions of people moved from Africa, and the middle east into Europe. is that not happening now? It also said there were great weather changes...are we not having that? Lawlessness, murder, all the sings it warned of can be seen.
It also say many would reject these signs as the last day. Scriptures even say what many would say. "The world has been the same since those who wrote these things went in the grave, and nothing has changed."
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10221
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Counting our blessings   Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:18 am

Shelagh wrote:
His response to you was certainly an antidote to help you appreciate your blessings ... and a very good anecdote!
Thanks Shelagh for both the appreciation and the spelling.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15294
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Counting our blessings   Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:30 pm

I am very thankful to be alive.†† Putting my head through a wall was scary.† Thank† God it was not lethal
I have a most attentive husband and childen.† Our move is getting closer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Counting our blessings   

Back to top Go down

Counting our blessings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: