Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?

Go down 
+2
alice
joefrank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  Empty
PostSubject: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 8:22 am

1/13

Can Ted Cruz be president ? He was born in Canada to a American Mother
and a father who wasn't an American citizen, the Constitution states you must 
be an American born citizen, a Constitution Scholar this morning did a write up
saying he can't be a President nor a Vice-President because he was born on 
Canadian soil, he must be born on American soil and both parents must be 
Americans.. So as I have read a few days ago if he got the nomination the
democratic party could go to court to stop him.. And I'm so sick and tired of 
politicians saying a law made in 1865 protects anchor babies, sorry ! that law
was created for freed slaves to protect them and their children, we have to stop
this garbage of people running across the border and dropping babies over here
so their kids can be citizens sorry that law of 1865 doesn't apply to them I would 
add an amendment to the Constitution...Oh by the way Cruz dropped his Canadian
citizenship two years ago I guess when he decided to run for President..

Cheers........Joe........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 9:41 am

I hope he does not become the President!  No one likes him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 10:51 am

joefrank wrote:
1/13

Can Ted Cruz be president ? He was born in Canada to a American Mother
and a father who wasn't an American citizen, the Constitution states you must 
be an American born citizen, a Constitution Scholar this morning did a write up
saying he can't be a President nor a Vice-President because he was born on 
Canadian soil, he must be born on American soil and both parents must be 
Americans.. So as I have read a few days ago if he got the nomination the
democratic party could go to court to stop him.. And I'm so sick and tired of 
politicians saying a law made in 1865 protects anchor babies, sorry ! that law
was created for freed slaves to protect them and their children, we have to stop
this garbage of people running across the border and dropping babies over here
so their kids can be citizens sorry that law of 1865 doesn't apply to them I would 
add an amendment to the Constitution...Oh by the way Cruz dropped his Canadian
citizenship two years ago I guess when he decided to run for President..

Cheers........Joe........ Very Happy

Both parents don't have to be American. Obama's father was not American. I don't know if you have to be born here?
My father was not an American when I was born...he became an American citizen when I was 6. I am both, American, and Italian citizen, and have two passports. I could move to England, and buy a house next door to Shelagh, and watch her work in her garden. I could take pictures of her and sell them on the net. When she goes shopping, I could dig up some of her plants, and plant them in my garden. Pick her flowers, and sell them on a street corner in London to Americans. Do you think she would call a bobby on me?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 11:11 am

I would gather all the slugs in my garden and throw them over the fence into yours, Domenic.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 11:39 am

Shelagh wrote:
I would gather all the slugs in my garden and throw them over the fence into yours, Domenic.

That would be great. I could sell the slugs to fisermen...they are better than worms. I could also sell them as English, "Slugs and Chips," to the French...they like eating strange stuff. Maybe I would start a tour company. I could take people by your house, and tell them, "On this spot in 1402, nothing happened." Then I would sit them in my back yard, give them tea, and let them watch you working in your garden..."This," I would say, "is how the average English women spends her day."

I see you have installed spell check...I like it...Leave it up to the English to steal ideas from the Italians.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 6:36 pm

John McCain was born in Panama. Trump's mother was from Scotland. Rubio's parents were Cubans and not citizens when he was born (in Miami).

The only reason Trump is aiming the birther gun only at Cruz is because Cruz is narrowing the point spread of the polls.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 10:20 pm

1/14

As far as I'm concerned I can't stand Cruz, Rubio and especially
the liar " Hillary!" I'm a 4th generation American, I have a better chance
of becoming President that those jokesters....

Cheers..............Joe............ Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  748523
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 11:39 pm

The only reason the birther issue came up is due to the attention the GOP gave to Obama trying to nullify his candidacy and later Presidency.  It was not just a political issue, but also a racial one. Although I would oppose a Ted Cruz Presidency, smear campaigns are not worthy of debate and casts a shadow on those doing it.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 7:04 am

1/16
                  The first lawsuit has been filed against Cruz, plus someone filed
one against Rubio saying when he was born his parents weren't citizens yet, I
guess in a few months the Supreme Court will make a ruling ? 

Cheers...........Joe.............. Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  748523
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 9:49 am

So, so sick of it all!   Obama must be laughing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 10:00 am

The best man is not in the race...Jerry Brown.
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 12:20 pm

The Constitution neglects to define "natural-born citizen."

This reference is useful:

http://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/on-the-meaning-of-natural-born-citizen/
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 1:12 pm

Al Stevens wrote:
The Constitution neglects to define "natural-born citizen."

This reference is useful:

http://harvardlawreview.org/2015/03/on-the-meaning-of-natural-born-citizen/

Well now? That throws a rock into what I am? I was born in the USA. My father was not an American citizen when I was born. I think my mother was...I think? Since my father was an Italian citizen, I am a natural born Italian citizen, and hold an Italian passport. I also have an American passport.
I'm sure if i ran for President in the USA, somebody would jump all over this. The good part is...I can run for President in Italy. I could be El Duce #2.
Now if I was President of Italy, I would declare war on the United States, and the next day surrender...that way the United States would give Italy money, food, and whatever we wanted. I would promise all the people of Italy, "Every Italian would have pasta on their table, and yes, a good red wine too. I would withdraw Italian from the UN. In Italy everybody talks all the time...we don't need to hear the whole world talking..it just drives us nuts." I would pass a law, "In public, all Italian men must keep their hands in their pockets." Does that seem strange to you? I will tell you the truth...If an Italian can't wave his arms all over the place...he can't talk. We would have peace.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:33 am

Funny, Dom.  It help to start the day with a smile.  What one would do if....makes for interesting fantasies.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 5:18 am

The Supreme Court seems to have the last word in these debates, and the interpretation of the constitution by the nine judges is rarely unaminous, usually a five-four split along party political lines is the final outcome of their deliberations. When the US split away from British rule, the founding fathers wrote into the constitution that anyone born outside the US was ineligible to stand for President. It was feared that a British citizen resident in the US might stand for election and, once elected, reverse the split from Britain, and return the country to British rule. 

Under the constitution, anyone born to American parents outside the US is considered to be a naturally born American citizen, which makes Cruz eligible. From a legal point of view, his dual citizenship with Canada, a country with the British monarch at its head, makes his claim to American citizenship debatable. Natural born American citizens are eligible; naturalised citizens are not. It would be up to the Supreme Court to decide if Cruz became a naturalised citizen when he gave up dual citizenship. The Supreme Court does not have a very good track record in always following the written constitution. An amendment might be required to allow Cruz the right to stand for election, or they might just say that the consitution as written does not prevent him from standing. Who knows what they might do. Tossing a coin would probably give a fairer result.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 6:49 am

1/17

Heads or Tails ?

Cheers..Joe............... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?    Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Can Ted Cruz Be President ? You Say ? I say ?
Page 1 of 1