Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Saudia Arabia Has Its Nerve!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8175
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Saudia Arabia Has Its Nerve!   Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:44 pm

1/10

Our safety is important first, after we set in place a way to screen people
properly then we can do that or do any of you read or watch the news that they caught
two Iraqi's one in Ca. and the other in Texas plus they have 46 others they found out 
about, come on now are we that nieve to believe the Govt. is going to protect us ? And
these bums still get in the country ..My advice to you or anyone wake up and smell the
folgers...don't be in the clouds...don't be a day dreamer....Our borders aren't secure ask
any of the border guards they have warned the news media time and time again....

Cheers..........Joe.......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10307
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Saudia Arabia Has Its Nerve!   Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:42 am

Opinions are expressed on this forum and on FB reflect on the person making them.

I did a search and found the following on Wikepedia:
“In general, an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective.
What distinguishes fact from opinion is that facts are verifiable, i.e. can be objectively proven to have occurred. An example is: "United States of America was involved in the Vietnam War" versus "United States of America was right to get involved in the Vietnam War". An opinion may be supported by facts, in which case it becomes an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. It can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analyzing the supporting arguments.[1] In casual use, the term opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. It may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact.”
My personal view is that opinions are influenced by our life experiences.  It is common for many to be influenced by current events, political propaganda, religion and other factors. On FB there is a tendency to add friends who think as we do.  It is comforting to know that we are not alone in our thoughts.  If one is constantly put down for how we view things, it is time to eliminate them from our circle of friends.  The irritation is not worth the effort.  Trying to change deep-set beliefs/opinions is a waste of time.  Religious beliefs are an example.  In American politics it centers on “Liberal” or “Conservative”.  I did a search to learn what is said about the difference.  Here is one such response: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-a-liberal-and-a-conservative.  There are more references about the differences, but the basics are much the same.
Expressing an opinion about a current event often helps one think about matters not so obvious.  It can also help one think about the opposite side of the story.  Whatever conclusion we reach based on our input is our personal view/opinion about the matter and not necessarily the right one or the only one.  To create enemies because we don’t see thing through the eyes of the other is plain foolish.  Enlightenment occurs with debate and on facts rather than on isolated incidents.  Trying to see the big picture is helpful.  
Prejudice plays a role in what we say.  It is natural to defend our country and how the world sees us.  If there is a country we don’t like or even hate, our remarks reflect that by innuendo or with specific incidents that are used to justify our views.
The above are my thoughts for today.  I reserve the right to change my opinion.
To fulfil the request by Alice of subjects to talk about,   I think “Security” is a good subject. We are concerned about our personal safety and the safety of our family.  How much of that concern is based on the actions of our government?  How much is caused by acts of revenge?  What can we do to make our home/lives more secure?
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Saudia Arabia Has Its Nerve!   Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:43 pm

Christians don’t believe in punishment by death. I am a Christian, and that is not the reason I’m against it. The scriptures say, “The dead are asleep in the grave awaiting the resurrection…their thoughts do parish.” In other words from the time they die, to the time they are resurrected will be as Jesus said, “In the wink of an eye.” or so it will seem to those who die. That to me is an easy out for the bad guy. I’d rather see them spend the rest of their life in a prison, or slave camp.
During WW2 the Japanese cut off the heads of those who fought like heroes. They were giving them honor. Those they felt had no honor the would shoot. I would rather be shot then having somebody sawing my head off with a dull knife as they do in the Middle East. All killing is wrong, and against Gods Laws.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saudia Arabia Has Its Nerve!   

Back to top Go down

Saudia Arabia Has Its Nerve!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: