Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 4:52 am

The Planned Parenthood Shooting in Colorado generated a few thoughts.

http://pollardpost.blogspot.com/2015/11/hate-is-where-heart-is-unbound-by_29.html

Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting Robert%2BLewis%2BDeer

Last edited by dtpollard on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:05 am

Everybody talks about all the problems we have...but nobody comes up with a solution that will work?
Man has never come up with a system that has lasted. Most fall after 200 years...the United States is passed that mark.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:10 am

As an outsider looking on at the number of killings in the US, it makes no sense at all to add to the risk that Americans face every day. The shootings in France were highly organised and funded. The police in the UK have admitted that, outside the capital, our forces are not equipped to deal with semi-automatic gun warfare, which is why we have to be very careful about allowing refugees into the country without strict control. We have already produced our own ISIS terrorists; we should not run the risk of adding more to the mix.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:34 am

Shelagh wrote:
As an outsider looking on at the number of killings in the US, it makes no sense at all to add to the risk that Americans face every day. The shootings in France were highly organised and funded. The police in the UK have admitted that, outside the capital, our forces are not equipped to deal with semi-automatic gun warfare, which is why we have to be very careful about allowing refugees into the country without strict control. We have already produced our own ISIS terrorists; we should not run the risk of adding more to the mix.

The Roman Hadrin had the right idea...BUILD A HIGH WALL around the free world. If the U.S. looks bad from the outside, you should see it from the inside. Home grown Americans are killing other Americans, then they shoot their self? It’s like living in an insane asylum, and all the nuts have automatic weapons They must think other people are monsters that have to be killed. Yesterday a guy was smoking in a restaurant. When told he could not smoke there, he pulls out a gun and shoots the women in the head. I don’t even say hello to strangers anymore.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 12:25 am

The word “Freedom” has a good and bad side.  Freedom to live in peace and security is what I believe most want, however that freedom is challenged by those who desire freedom to do evil.  I know of no society where there is absolute security or a society without rules and regulations.  The proponents of owning guns say that cars kill and use that as an excuse to have guns.  Accidents will happen whether one is flying or driving.  Few are deliberate acts.  Killing, especially mass killings, is with the use of weapons and the primary weapons are assault weapons/guns.  Freedom to own and carry is a continuing battle of debate.  The benefit of the whole gets lost with the benefit of the few.  Citing the Second Amendment, a mis-interpreted Amendment, proliferates the devastating effect of guns in America.  We have heard all the clichés promoted by the NRA, i.e., “If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.”  That is proven to be false.  Few deaths have occurred by so-called “law-abiding” citizens.  On the other hand, children shooting each other are not outlaws.   
Carrying a concealed weapon can mean that the person is fearful and feels the need for protection.  When the person is aggravated or angry, the weapon can suddenly appear and be used to kill.  We seldom hear of anger developing into fist-fights where death occurs.  Open carry can be interpreted as an insecure person wanting to appear tough and to cover their cowardice. 
Is it a Gun disease?  If so, there is a cure.  Whatever the reason, there must be strong action taken to eliminate the known cause and implement controls for the protection of the whole – all the citizens.
Guns are not the answer.  The stupidity of at least one GOP candidate thinks that if everyone in the theatre in Paris carried guns, the terrorists would have been shot and lives saved.  Or if teachers and students carried weapons it would prevent killings.  Some comments are so absurd that they are not worthy of response.  On the other hand there are those that will buy into that absurdity and require a response.
I’ve lived in areas where people owned and carried guns.  I have also lived in areas where no one owned guns except for law enforcement and for the purpose of hunting.  The requirements for owning a gun for hunting was strictly controlled.  We have witnessed how some Law enforcement officers in America are trigger-happy and kill the people they are hired to protect.  When we lose confidence in law-enforcement something is drastically wrong.   Refusing control with the excuse of “Freedom” is changing the way we live.  Is Peace and security becoming a cliché?  Control is necessary in any society.  With the influx of refugees/migrants controls are necessary.  Will they be introduced into a society without controls or into a society where they will abide by the laws of the land? 
Saying that people who commit crimes have mental health issues may be true, but it is used as an excuse to maintain the status-quo.  People who have lived normal lives without a record of mental issues can suddenly flip-out.  Reasons vary.  Anger, depression, financial worries, etc., may be eventually identified as the cause, but it doesn’t provide a solution.   
I don’t have a solution that would maintain the so-called right to own a gun.  Any suggestion I could offer would deal with controls.
DT's post was insightful.  We have much work to do at home without pointing fingers at others.

I did not write this to start another debate.  Domenic’s comments prompted my response
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 5:44 am

Abe,
On one of the articles about this same shooting on the bottom they have a thing where the reader can comment. I made a comment which went something like this:
“I do not own a gun, nor have found reason to.  I believe those who do should have that right.  I am a smoker, and I am offended that non-smokers are taking that right away from me. As to all the killing it is clear we have a problem. I agree, guns do not kill people…people kill people. It seems these are people with mental problems of some short.  Most do not have a criminal record, thus are able to purchase a gun. I don’t know what the answer is? Maybe those who want to buy a gun should be required to have some short of mental test? I don’t know? Those of you who own guns know more about them than I do, perhaps the gun owners who do know more about safety with guns can figure something out…please.”

Here is an example of some of the replies to my comment:

“That is a fair request. Do you have any suggestions?”

I did not attack the gun owners, or their right to own a gun…I just asked if they could help with the problem. They also do not want guns in the hands of the wrong people.  They also understand law upon law does not work…but like the rest of us, gun owners don’t know what to do about the problem?  Rather than throw stones at them, it seem if we non-gun owners invite, and seek their help on the problem…gun owners agree there is a problem, and yes they also want to fix the problem.
Airplanes are being blown out of the sky, and when you fly we never know if we are next…nobody has suggested we outlaw airplanes?
Gun owners will work on the problem if we do not attack their right to own a gun.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 5:59 am

Domenic, what you wrote makes good sense.  As for smoking, I understand your feeling and the frustration.  When America got on the band wagon to outlaw smoking in public places, they went nuts and made smokers feel like criminals when they lit up.  The band wagon to stop gun violence never caught on.  Every time there is a shooting it gets attention and then it dies until the next go-round.
If non-smokers have the right to be separated from smokers then people without guns should have the right to be separated from those carrying guns.  I don't expect that to happen, however it points out double-standards. 

The changes in America are great from when we were young.  We were taught in the home about compassion. We were taught empathy - walking in someone else's shoes. We were taught to respect our elders and those in authority.  Parents supported the teachers and teachers had the right to discipline.  Things began to fall apart about the time when teachers lost that authority.  Police were called pigs and kids began to talk back to their parents.  We live in a new era.  Fortunately, we can choose where we want to live and we can still choose our friends.  We don't have to conform to everything shoved at us.  So long as we still have the freedom to choose, we can live the life we want with some constraints.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 6:41 am

Florida manufacturers designed “Christian Guns” to fight Muslims.
A gun with bible verses inscribed on it.  Religious insanity? 
The Brit who talks about it makes valid points.  He describes the gun and the settings:  If you are on FB, check it out.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 7:25 am

Homicide deaths USA 2013:

Mortality

All homicides

• Number of deaths: 16,121
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 5.1

Firearm homicides

• Number of deaths: 11,208
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 3.5

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2013, table 18[PDF - 1.5 MB]

Suicide deaths USA 2013:

Mortality

All suicides

• Number of deaths: 41,149
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 13.0
  • Cause of death rank: 10

Firearm suicides

• Number of deaths: 21,175
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 6.7

Suffocation suicides

• Number of deaths: 10,062
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 3.2

Poisoning suicides

• Number of deaths: 6,637
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 2.1

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2013, table 18[PDF - 1.5 MB]

Last edited by Shelagh on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 7:31 am

Christians guns? These religious leaders do not teach Gods word. God is very clear about everything he says..."Do not kill." These people who claim they are men of God, and it fact they are doing it only for money...when they stand before God, they would be better off jumping into the sea with a big rock tied around their neck. When they fall into the hands of a living God, they will find they have more trouble than they can handle. Religious leaders are the scum of the earth, all of them. I tell people, "All religions are false, and not from God." The only way to prove scripture are true, or false, it to match all the prophesies to history, and science. No prophesy can be taken as true unless the event can be proven with history we can count on. There are many things in scripture that were known thousands of years before science proved them out...proof, proof, proof is what is need to believe anything the scriptures say. As to the Bible? it was written by the same bold face liar's. who have claimed to teach Gods word. It is claimed the bible is a copy of the scrolls... match the bible to the scrolls, and it will prove the bible is a fake not worth the paper it is written on.
I remember WW@. The religious leaders in America were blessing bombs, tanks, ships, guns, etc. The religious leaders of the same religions in Germany were doing the same thing...sending brother against brother...with the words, "God is on our side." Guns for Christians." I don't know how God puts up with all this BS?
The world should get on their knees every day and thank God I, Domenic is not God...there wouldn't be anything left...I'd even have to kill myself.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 7:31 am

Thanks Shelagh for the statistics.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 7:40 am

You can find all these stats here, Abe: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/default.htm

Injury deaths USA 2013:

Mortality

All unintentional injury deaths

• Number of deaths: 130,557
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 41.3
  • Cause of death rank: 4

Unintentional fall deaths

• Number of deaths: 30,208
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 9.6

Motor vehicle traffic deaths

• Number of deaths: 33,804
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.7

Unintentional poisoning deaths

• Number of deaths: 38,851
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 12.3

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2013, tables 9, 18[PDF - 1.5 MB]

Last edited by Shelagh on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 7:41 am

Shelagh,
Those figures are from 2013. Those were the good old days...I would hate to see the figures for 2015.
This is a war zone over here. Just this last week, five kids jumped out of a car, and beat a 52 year old vet to death with hammers. 2/3 of them were girls. There is no safe place in the world...soon the madness will spread world wide...it is already in may parts of the world in different forms. It is all in the scriptures, past, present, and future. God says he is the only one who can stop it.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 7:56 am

As the stats show, Americans are twice as likely to die as a result of an accident or by vehicle traffic death than by a homicide death. Rather than being reassured by these stats, we should look to ways of reducing accidental and traffic deaths as a priority. The high number of daily deaths on the road that occur around the world should not be tolerated. Speed kills, but we are in such a rush to move from A to B as quickly as possible, we seem to see the risk as acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 8:22 am

If I am right shelagh, The roads in England are narrow, and high speed is lower than here in the States. We have a saying here, "Bob owns the road, and if you don't move out of his way, his care will be 2 inches away from your rear. You see, bob, has to do mach 5 to prove he s special.
Then we have the gang members. They have to pick out a car, follow it, and shoot the driver so they can join a gang. If you honk at anybody, they will follow you home. Crazy does not stop because people are driving. I had a women back into me in a parking lot. I asked her, "Don't you look behind you when backing up?" She replied, "It's your job to honk your horn." We have many from Mexico driving without a licence who have never driven a car in Mexico. Driving in the states now is like that bumper car thing at a circus. My car is a 2000 mustang with 177,000 miles. I need a new car, but why spend $25,000 for a car that after five miles on the road will look like a piece of junk? Old age is hard on the body, but i'm glad I'm old, and don't have to put up with the crap much longer. I'm glad I'm not 20.
Oh, and I could never drive in England...you people drive on the wrong side of the street. Why do you do that?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 3:22 pm

We do drive on the left, but we steer on the right side. Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting 810142
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 3:40 pm

They are better drivers than we, Americans, are. They are also wittier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 4:06 pm

Some body needs to step up, and buy the Queen a car...I see the poor old gal riding around in that hay wagon...that can't be a smooth ride, and she is no spring chicken. Her wagon has no brake lights, not turn singles...and no licence plate, not even a horn. Do the police give her tickets for that? I hope not. If the people of England loved the Queen, they would buy her a nice little sports car. All girls like sports cars.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 4:12 pm

This old hay wagon?

Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting 14998.britain-end-main
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 4:32 pm

The queen used to drive one of these:
Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting Article-2241857-1650BEFF000005DC-325_964x910

Now, she prefers this:
Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting Article-0-181F15EB00000578-843_634x357
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyMon Nov 30, 2015 5:56 pm

Yep, that's the old hay wagon. The second picture...I remember when she was that young. She drives a Range Rover because it has a bull dog on the hood...she thinks it was designed for her because it has the English Bull dog on the hood. Does she take it off road?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 7:32 am

I love the Queen.

Our son -in-law left our house to go to England to visit his a parents.  Lucky him.

Back to the topic If one is anti-abortion, how on earth can he/she kill a doctor? Obviously the Colorado shooter was deranged, one look at him and one can tell he and a gun should never have met.

Last edited by alice on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 7:46 am

I sort of feel sorry for the Royal Family. Many think they have a great life because they have so much. They can't live a normal life without the world jumping on every little normal thing "Their not supposed to do that?" They are people, and have the same feelings the rest of us have...but they have to stuff their feelings away. I think they should be given more freedom in how they can act...
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 8:00 am

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
I sort of feel sorry for the Royal Family. Many think they have a great life because they have so much. They can't live a normal life without the world jumping on every little normal thing "Their not supposed to do that?" They are people, and have the same feelings the rest of us have...but they have to stuff their feelings away. I think they should be given more freedom in how they can act...

I agree!
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 8:12 am

Anyone in the public eye is subject to criticism.  They have no privacy and in that regard, should be pittied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting   Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting Empty

Back to top Go down

Hate Is Where The Heart Is - Planned Parenthood Shooting
Page 1 of 1