Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

PARIS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12352
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:58 am

There is no proof to any beliefs, Domenic. God does not speak. Language is a man-made thing. Anything written down comes from a man's thoughts, not from God. Your belief in the authenticity of the scrolls is your belief. Each and everyone of us can interpret God how we see fit, without man's intervention or guidance.

Religion was devised to give people a better understanding of the natural world. The advancement of science has proved that religion gives a false understanding of how the world works and is constantly changing. Global warming is becoming the new religion. With time and a greater understanding of climate change, people will devise yet another fixation that turns into a religion. Humans have an insatiable appetite to understand the forces of nature around them. Religions are a substitute for complete understanding; they offer explanations that people find comforting.

Amazon Author Central: Shelagh Watkins
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:54 am

Shelagh,
My darling grand father taught me, “Never disagree with a women,” but he said nothing about disagreeing with their theories. I tell you the truth Shelagh, the scriptures can, and have been proven true. I wont go into the many things that have been proven, or how because I feel you would not believe them anyway.
But since you do believe in the things outside of scripture, perhaps you can pass some of this outside wisdom on to this old man:
There are layers of earth that science says were laid down over millions of years. In many places around the world, Whales have been found standing on their tails, up through two, and three million layers of earth? Uprooted trees also. How can a whale stand on it’s tail for millions of years until it is covered. I’m not very smart, but I would think animals, and birds would have eaten an uncovered whale within just a few months? I’m still trying to figure how you could stand a whale on its tail? I know it sounds like a Whale of a tale, but it has been proven, and there are many other strange things out there that should not be? Me? I don’t follow anything I can’t prove. Others I leave believing that little glass ball with the fake snow flakes falling are real.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10307
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:52 am

I know what I know and know what I don't know.  The "don't know" list would be too long to list.  The "know" list would be small in comparison.  I still want to know - to learn.  I desire to learn about the unknown, however I am not open to fairy tales or things that can't be proven.  That doesn't mean I am closed-minded.  Theory is not proof.  I have my personal theory on life and life after death.  I wouldn't even try to press my theory/belief on someone else.  It is just another reason why I am repulsed with the promotion of religion.  God needs no promotion.  Either he is real to you or not.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:01 am

You continue to believe in the scriptures, Domenic, if that gives you comfort. Me, I view anything written by man as belonging to man. God does not communicate through words. God has been around for billions of years; language has been around for a few thousand years. The world does not revolve around us; it revolves around its own axis and we are just along for the ride.

Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:13 am

Abe,
If you read all the threads I have posted on, or started, you will see...I have always said..."All religions are false." I do not defend religion, not do I try to draw people toward them...I would never do that, ALL RELIGIONS ARE FALSE. Religions do not teach Gods written word.
Here is what religions do, "They tell lies, fairy tales, and claim what they are teaching is in the scriptures." Religions even make the claim, "They have made a copy of the scrolls, and put them into book form which they call the Bible." That is a bold face lie. True many of the scriptures are from the scrolls, but almost every major thing in the scrolls have either been left out, or had words changed to mislead. Religions know...if people take the time to match the scrolls to their Bible...they are running a scam. Religions are designed so people can see they are full of S%#t, and turn their back on God.

Here is what Jesus said the only thing a person has to do in order to gain ever lasting life.."Believe he is the son of God." People do not have to jump through hoops, burn candles, give money to religions, or even understand the scriptures. Jesus when he returns will rule for 1,000 years. God is giving the human family 1,000 years to get their act together without any of the BS going on in the world today. It's simple, just believe Jesus is the son of God...that is all a person has to do?
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:17 am

Shelagh wrote:
You continue to believe in the scriptures, Domenic, if that gives you comfort. Me, I view anything written by man as belonging to man. God does not communicate through words. God has been around for billions of years; language has been around for a few thousand years. The world does not revolve around us; it revolves around its own axis and we are just along for the ride.

Everything in this world has been written by man, so if you believe things written by men are false...than there is nothing to believe...I guess you can't even believe what you write?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:20 am

Why would I believe that men always tell the truth?

Why were the scriptures not written in Chinese or Hindi or Urdu instead of Hebrew? Did God not realise that Chinese would become the most spoken language on Earth, and English would become the number one international language? Not very bright this God of yours who spoke in a now dead ancient Hebrew language.

Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:34 am

Shelagh wrote:
Why would I believe that men always tell the truth?

Why were the scriptures not written in Chinese or Hindi or Urdu instead of Hebrew? Did God not realise that Chinese would become the most spoken language on Earth, and English would become the number one international language? Not very bright this God of yours who spoke in a now dead ancient Hebrew language.

Well, since you believe my God is a fairy tale, it should not matter what he did, didn't, or will do?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:46 am

Correct. Your God is no different to the tooth fairy or Santa Claus.

Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:56 am

My grand father, he understood women. Me, I just learning.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15346
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:09 am

Shelagh wrote:

I think He is very different.  I believe He created us, redeemed us, and will return again to receive us unto Himself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:16 am

Ditto Alice.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:11 am

I don't think God is the fairy tale, however much of what is written about him is.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:28 am

The  Muslims wish to rule the world.  Excuse me, what do they have to offer?
Ignorant women?  Chopping heads off if one does not comply with their regime.

I think Christianity is much more appealing.   
Just me.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:04 pm

alice wrote:
Shelagh wrote:

I think He is very different.  I believe He created us, redeemed us, and will return again to receive us unto Himself.

Well, God has only communicated once in 4.543 billion years, Alice, so don't hold your breath.

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:28 pm

He has told me all I need to know to be saved.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and  thou shalt be saved."

Last edited by alice on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:28 pm

The only way to attack the problem with those Muslims who kill, is to expose their teaching as false. I understand that is a task I do not know how to do? There are many Christian religions who are cults, and their members are warned not to listen to those outside of their religion, which makes teaching them the truth avery hard task also. It is easy to prove all religions are false with the use of the scrolls since most claim to be based on the scrolls.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:31 pm

Shelagh wrote:
alice wrote:
Shelagh wrote:

Well, God has only communicated once in 4.543 billion years, Alice, so don't hold your breath.

You don't know that Shelagh? God  did not talk to Joseph when he made him a slave in Egypt, and kept in prison for seven years...but he put him in a position to save Gods people, then Joseph understood. Even today, God puts his people into positions...he does not have to speak.

The earth is not yet 6,000 years old. Half of science say the earth is old, billions of years, and the other half say the earth is young, less than 6,000 years old. You should review the facts of both, and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:48 pm

Yes, Domenic, science is all a load of baloney. I have no interest in destroying any religion or converting believers away from their chosen faith. Religion has caused a great many wars, but people would find some other excuse to fight one another in the absence of religion. Wars are about territory and resources, water in particular and, in more recent times, oil.

Religion gives great comfort to billions of people around the world. Everyone should be allowed to keep their faith without interference from do-gooders. To that end, and because people of different faiths just can't get along, it makes for a more harmonious world if religious beliefs do not cross borders. If immigrants bring their religious faith with them, they have to accept that there will be a higher risk of conflict because of it.

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:53 pm

I would prefer to believe and be wrong.   After all we all will die.  I have hope, if I am wrong, I will never know it.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:05 pm

From facebook:

Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:57 am

Love it.
Back to top Go down
vmaxnick
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:16 pm

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
It's simple, just believe Jesus is the son of God...that is all a person has to do?
Or that God is great and Mohamed is his prophet.
I don't mean you any disrespect Domenic and as most Atheist's; I'm not asking anyone to follow my beliefs, but it really is just different versions of the same imaginary friend. Throughout history, the slightly different versions of the same theme have tried to impose their interpretation on everyone else, and used extreme violence to achieve this, ISIS and radical Islam historically are just the latest offensive.
Dawkins suggests that religion must have a role in the process of evolution. Perhaps it is population control at a genetic level.

I do agree with Shelagh though, in the absence of religion, we would find another flag to maim and kill for.

Last edited by vmaxnick on Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhino-trikes.co.uk
vmaxnick
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-11-29

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:18 pm

Shelagh wrote:
From facebook:

Shelagh, you are so bad! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhino-trikes.co.uk
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:38 pm

vmaxnick wrote:
Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
It's simple, just believe Jesus is the son of God...that is all a person has to do?
Or that God is great and Mohamed is his prophet.
I don't mean you any disrespect Domenic and as most Atheist's; I'm not asking anyone to follow my beliefs, but it really is just different versions of the same imaginary friend. Throughout history, the slightly different versions of the same theme have tried to impose their interpretation on everyone else, and used extreme violence to achieve this, ISIS and radical Islam historically are just the latest offensive.
Dawkins suggests that religion must have a role in the process of evolution. Perhaps it is population control at a genetic level.

I do agree with Shelagh though, in the absence of religion, we would find another flag to maim and kill for.

You have put it to the test...the out come will be what it will be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PARIS   

Back to top Go down

PARIS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: