Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Second Coming of Jesus

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

The Second Coming of Jesus Empty
PostSubject: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:47 pm

Does anyone except me believe in the second coming of Jesus?

Just curious as usual.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 4:08 pm

I think that what he taught will one day de accepted and the sooner the better,  but I do not see his body floating down from the sky as a believable thing.
I think that.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 11:49 pm

If he does appear, how would you recognize him and who will believe it is him?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:03 am

"Every eye shall see Him."

The news media will go crazy  lol
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 11:05 am

Alice, the news media is already crazy, perhaps they will go mute.  What else will there be to say?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 2:15 pm

Good point, Abe.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Alice, this is what I firmly believe.  If Jesus returns to this earth, it will be in the darkest hour of this earth.  His return will not have anything to do with politics, the deprivation of the poor, the greed of the rich, or any other conception of man.  It will be the "appointed hour" as unsure as that is.  I am not so sure that I understand any of that verbal stuff.  To me it is a fear tactic put out by powerful voices that are intent on control.  Churches, mostly.  Well, mostly political churches. 
Meanwhile, what are we to do.  Just live our lives without fear.  There are always people of religions that are ready for the judgment that does not agree with their visions.  For me, I just live day to day and know that if Jesus is looking at me he understands that I am a good person.  Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 3:51 pm

Alice, this is what I firmly believe.  If Jesus returns to this earth, it will be in the darkest hour of this earth.  His return will not have anything to do with politics, the deprivation of the poor, the greed of the rich, or any other conception of man.  It will be the "appointed hour" as unsure as that is.  I am not so sure that I understand any of that verbal stuff.  To me it is a fear tactic put out by powerful voices that are intent on control.  Churches, mostly.  Well, mostly political churches. 
Meanwhile, what are we to do.  Just live our lives without fear.  There are always people of religions that are ready for the judgment that does not agree with their visions.  For me, I just live day to day and know that if Jesus is looking at me he understands that I am a good person.  Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 9:09 pm

Alice,
I believe he will return. But before he does, Satan will come, and say he is the son of God. The scriptures call him the "Anti-Christ." Satan will bring peace to the world, and do all kinds of wonderful things...that is how we will know he is not Jesus. Jesus says when he returns, All eyes will see him, and that he comes not to make peace but with blood on his sword. Before God kills every living thing on earth, Jesus will raise Gods people, those alive, and those in the grave up off the earth... Those who are of Satan's seed, and those who refuse to except Jesus as the son of God...will die.

We may see this in our life time, and we may not...all the signs for the last days have been building for the last fifty years.

When Jesus returns it is not bad news, it is good news...it is only bad news for those who will rejest Jesus, and those of Satan's seed.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 9:26 pm

This is the, “Good News of the kingdom,” Jesus commanded his followers to preach.

“The earth will again be a Paradise. There will be no war, crime, sickness. No ageing. We will live forever as caretakers of this earth, and the universe for Gods pleasure. Jesus will rule for 1,000 years. At the end of the 1,000 years, Satan will be let lose for a short time. Those who follow him, will go into everlasting death* with him. Those who stay loyal to God, will live forever. Jesus will no longer need to stand between the human family and God…we will be able to talk to him, and he to us.

*Everlasting death:

A condition were a dead person has not thoughts, no body. They will be as if they had never been here.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 11:29 pm

Domenic, I'm familiar with the Biblical passages concerning the "second coming".  I'm also vividly aware of the "coming soon" theme that the churches have been using to acquire members and conversions to their fold.  "Coming soon" is a term that doesn't mean much.  It has been used for thousands of years.  Considering the vastness of the universe and how timeless it is, soon can mean a billion years or an hour of a day.  The thousand years you mentioned doesn't mean much to me.  I don't expect to make a 100 years and therefore I'm not much concerned about it.  I think more like Betty.  I live my life in the best manner I can.  More than that I can't do.  I'm not worried about my future, but the future of my children and grandchildren.  Will they live in a world where they can breathe fresh air and have enough food to eat?  Our environment is more a concern to me that a future theological prediction.  I will die "soon".  That could be today, tomorrow or twenty years from now. 

"Everlasting" or "Eternity" are not terms that I can fully comprehend and therefore has no influence on me.  I have problems being aware of what is happening in the present.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Abe,

I sympathize with your feelings about the scare tactics that used to be employed to frighten folks unto churches, but feel that we are far beyond that now. 
Many prophecies have been fulfilled and it seems to me if this poor old world lasts much longer, it will self destruct.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 5:10 pm

Alice,
I sincerely believe that religions, what ever they call themselves, are here to control people and make civilization possible.  The clash comes when one religion puts their dogma up against another and decides that their version is the one that should be followed by all.  There are so many people and as many people as there are there are versions of God. 
For myself, and I am humble beyond anything, I will look to the natural way of things and try not to disturb the universe  ,, at least not my back yard.. that is all I aspire to do. 
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 9:19 pm

You and me Betty do not agree on many things…as to religions being false, we are on the same page. Take the bible out of a religious leaders hand…the book he claims to teach from, and with that same book it is very easy to prove he/she are not teaching Gods word.

As to when Jesus will return…the Bible is clear on that; he will return 6,000 years after the end of all creation…Eve was the last thing created…when she was created we do not know, nor do we have any way to figure it out? Gods Kingdom on earth is to start 6,000 years after the last creation. Those who serve God do not do it for money, they don’t do it for the promise of everlasting life…they do it because their heart will let them do nothing else. Jesus left us with just one command. “Love God above all else.” If a person does that one thing they will have life. Gods written words are not to make people fear him…religions twist Gods words to control people just like you said they do. They do that because they are not children of God…they are backing the other guy. All the news about what God will do is good news…none of it is bad. People fear death. Religions teach, “If you are a member of our religion you will be forgiven your sins, and go to heaven.” That is a bold face lie. Any human can go to God in private, and if they ask God to forgive them, he will. No strings, or hoops to jump through…the only thing he does not do is remove the consequences of what a person has done. We have to live with that.

Many religions teach that if you do not follow what they say, you will burn forever ina lake of fire. That also is a bold face lie. Here is what Gods word says about the condition of the dead:

Ecclesiastes 9:5 Dead are unconscious, know nothing. John 11:11 Dead asleep, awaiting the resurrection. Do those two scriptures alone sound like the dead are in heaven, or a lake of fire? No, they are asleep in the grave. They don’t have dreams…no thought. With no dreams, or thought, there is not counting of time. Jesus said from the day you die, to when you are resurrected, will seem like walking through a doorway…the blink of an eye.

I have had many Bible studies with many ,many people…the first think I show them is what you have said…religions are false, they lie about Gods word. That is such an easy thing to prove. Here is what God says about religion…he calls her the the great whore… He warns, ”Get out of her my people.” The scriptures show the Nations will destroy all religion over night.

Sure bad things are coming onto this world… and people will suffer. God people have no fear of this. God says to his people, “When you see these things rejoice, for your salvation is near. How near? Well what is a normal lifetime? 70-8- 100 years? We who are up in years know that is not a long time. I look at the end of this system as my life time. Whenever I die, time wwill stop, and when resurrected will seem as the blink of an eye.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 11:39 pm

Domenic, concerning the 6,000 years you mentioned.  What is the reference beginning point?  Where is there a date/time recording?
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:00 am

Abe,

As the scriptures present Gods plan:

From the time the last thing God created, which was Eve…seven thousand years would pass, and his plan would be complete. Satan tried to disrupt this plan.

Here is how it is written since Satan intervened in the Garden:

1)Six thousand years would pass.

2) Jesus would return to destroy Satan’s system of things, and all who follow him. Satan will be shut away.

3) Jesus will rule for one thousand years.

4) At the end of the thousand year rule of Jesus, Satan will be let lose for a short time. Many will follow him, and try to kill Gods people. At that time God will destroy Satan, and those who follow him.

5) The kink dome of Heaven will come to earth, and God will dwell with the hman family.

There is a question in number 4: Since God can see the future, why would he let those who will follow Satan at the end of the thousand year rule of Jesus be there in the first place? God has more creatures than just humans…I am sure there are millions of different type angels. None, angel, or human will be able to say, “This one, or that one did not have a chance at life.”

We all know people we think are good, but only God can read the heart…so if God killed a person before the end of the thousand year rule of Jesus, we may think that person never had a chance…that person could be a love one…a wife, husband, son daughter etc.

At the end of the seven thousand years, the human family will expand off into space…we are the care takers for God. All we see is for his pleasure…as care takers we have life, and it will be a very good life.

I know many say the earth is very old, but just as many say it is young. I suggest those who do not know, search out what has been said on both sides, look at what can be proven.

Here is the danger of not know what is true. Satan will come, and do many things. People will believe he is Jesus, and follow him…that will not be a good position to be in when Jesus does return…even for those who are in the grave who have followed Satan.

None of this is to say a person should follow God out of fear…God does not want that. A good person will get to know Gods nature, and fall in love with him…those who follow him out of fear do not love him.

Anyway Abe, that is the short of it.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:43 am

I hear you Domenic and don't dispute what you have written, however my reference was about the starting point.  How do you know when the clock started ticking for the six thousand years.  Who recorded it and how?  Using approximations or suppositions seems to be the basis for calculations. The Bible is not a valid historical record.  As a Biblical scholar, you should know that.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:06 am

Abe F. March wrote:
I hear you Domenic and don't dispute what you have written, however my reference was about the starting point.  How do you know when the clock started ticking for the six thousand years.  Who recorded it and how?  Using approximations or suppositions seems to be the basis for calculations. The Bible is not a valid historical record.  As a Biblical scholar, you should know that.

Abe, the starting point gives no date. Here is how many figure about when:  Every first born is listed in the scrolls. it tells who was father, and who was son, and how long each lived. it would be the same if you went back on your family tree, from your father to his father etc.  We who believe in the scriptures know it has not been 6,000 years since Eve was created. If it had been 6,000 years, Jesus would be ruling.  We don't know how long Adam was alone?  Me I don't care if Jesus comes today, or 100 years from today. I'm not serving God for a date. People try to figure out when will Jesus come...Jesus said, "Not even the angels in Heaven know." if God wanted us to know he would have told us.  I would suggest to those seeking a date to just put that thinking aside, and spend your time on something useful.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:26 am

Domenic, your brush-off proved my point.  Why bother with dates/figures when no one knows or should care?  As for it being 6,000 years since Eve was created, that is also an assumption.  Why does it matter?  What you wrote says that it really doesn't matter.  Why discuss it?
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:53 am

Abe, I was not putting anything aside. I was just pointing out there is no way to pin point a date for when the 6,000 years started. I'm sure God would not have left Adam alone for a 1,000 years.  We do know from the year history of those in the scriptures we are close to 6,000 years. I have seen religions give a date , and all have proven they are fools. I am interested Abe, what is your concern about the time of the 6,000 years...is it to prove your thinking is right?
I do know from your comments...many of the things you know about the bible come from religions, and it is easy to understand your rejection of scripture. Why not try this Abe, Put all the stuff you learned from religions, and from those who are in a religion aside...and start with a clean slate.
Pretend you just came from mars, and have never heard of the scriptures...there is no need to prove religions false...we know that...try to prove the scriptures are from, or not from God.
The way it stands now Abe...you have no proof either way...you are just walking in the dark with your own theories?  Would it not be better to know what the truth is?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 11:20 am

You wrote: "The way it stands now Abe...you have no proof either way...you are just walking in the dark with your own theories?  Would it not be better to know what the truth is?"

It would be good to know the truth, but I don't think anyone knows it.  As for my theories, they are as valid as any theory since they are nothing but theories.

Let me make this clear.  I'm not trying to prove anything nor am I trying to convince anyone of any theory.  My reaction to unproven statements is simply to refute them.  You should know by now that I don't buy into any religious dogma.  My beliefs are personal as I believe they should be.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
You wrote: "The way it stands now Abe...you have no proof either way...you are just walking in the dark with your own theories?  Would it not be better to know what the truth is?"

It would be good to know the truth, but I don't think anyone knows it.  As for my theories, they are as valid as any theory since they are nothing but theories.

Let me make this clear.  I'm not trying to prove anything nor am I trying to convince anyone of any theory.  My reaction to unproven statements is simply to refute them.  You should know by now that I don't buy into any religious dogma.  My beliefs are personal as I believe they should be.

Abe, You say we all believe in theories, and that the Bible is not proven. What proof do you have that the Bible is not proven?
You say statements others make are unproven...what do you have to back that up? I am not trying to change how you believe. You ask a few questions, and when I gave you answers, you call them theories?
I get this clear: You don't believe in religions...well neither do I.
You don't believe in the bible...I do.
You don't know that much about the bible. I do.
You have not spent years researching scripture. I have.
You have not stated one fact to disprove scripture...I can prove many.
You have stated you do not believe in the Bible, but for some reason you are always on threads that talk about the bible? You don't want people to challenge how you believe Abe, but you always challenge how others believe...why is that?
To say what a person believes is only theories is an insult. if you want to say that about yourself, do it...I take it as an insult. You do not know me, nor anything I have done. Your insult is not aimed an me, it is aimed at the bible...that is your problem, and I will not take your problem as my problem.
I think you have a theory of how to deal with people, and let me tell you, your theory is wrong.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 2:03 pm

I didn't mean to start a fight.  People either believe in the second coming or they do not. 

PEACE!
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 3:36 pm

What I know is not from anyone's interpretation of scriptures written so many years ago.  I do not think that we, who live this day, should regulated by things passed down in stories and eventually a version written and then the Roman Church doing the interpreting to control the people put forth their approved version. 
What I know is that people have kindness in their hearts and beauty in their souls.  They go far beyond the conscribed dogma of the old testaments.  We are.  We need no excuse for living.  We do the best we can with what we have learned and the people who have been around us doing the learning. 
That is the best I can do.  I do not believe like Dominque does.  It is wrong.  My opinion.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 3:48 pm

I grew up believing in the end times culminating in Jesus returning to earth.  Now it seems to me plausible as prophecies seem to fulfill.  The worst storm ever is hitting Mexico and the world is full of wars and rumors of war.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Second Coming of Jesus   The Second Coming of Jesus Empty

Back to top Go down

The Second Coming of Jesus
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next