Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Pro Life

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15421
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life   Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:04 pm

Children should be informed.  My mother informed me in a most scary way.  With a dismal look on her face she stated that if she had become pregnant out of wedlock she would have killed herself.  I said.  "How awful. I would not want my daughter to do that. Losing my daughter and granddaughter would be terrible."
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life   Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Killed herself. The teenage daughter of a neighbor did just that. She got pregnant and her father yelled at her, calling her a slut, and all that. She went out to a pasture behind our house and shot herself. The father never blamed himself. To me it was obvious.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15421
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life   Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:31 pm

Terrible.  Shame on him.

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life   Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:27 pm

My understanding of when life starts is from the Bible..."When a child is born, it gets the breath of life." That only happens when it is out of the womb, and takes its first breath. I have always felt it is alive in the womb, but, the Bible says, "The breath of life."
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10354
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life   Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:05 pm

Domenic, my believe is not based on any biblical reference, however what you quote happens to coincide with my take on life.  Born is being out of the womb and breathing fresh air.  Born means living separate from the mother.   Until that happens it is not living being.  It is not important what I believe, but it becomes important when laws are made based on some interpretation of life.  It is my personal belief that the mother is the important person in the birthing process and her well-being should have priority.  Consider the days when baby food, milk and other infant foods didn't exist.  Nourishment came from the mother.  There were situations where surrogate mothers were used to feed the new born, but they were not always available.  The word "mother" is used in our everyday language referring to source.  We even use it for "mother earth".  It is therefore, IMV, why the mother should have the say in what happens to her or her body.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro Life   

Back to top Go down

Pro Life
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: