Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

TRUMP?

Go down 
+6
Don Stephens
Betty Fasig
Abe F. March
Domenic Pappalardo
joefrank
alice
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 11:00 am

dkchristi wrote:
... life will go on as usual.

It usually does.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:07 am

9/4
              I think Trump was forced into signing that agreement from what I read
              several states won't put him on the ballot because of this I think it's
              political blackmail but you know what he's smart do it and now you'll
              be on all the state's ballots ! 

Cheers.......Joe...... TRUMP? - Page 3 925501
TRUMP? - Page 3 We_the11
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:03 am

He can change his mind if he's willing to take the backlash from the powerful in the Republican Party.  He could still run as an independent....
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:52 am

I agree, DK.  From my observation, he will do what he wants regardless.  Should he "god forbid" become President, he will find that he can't do what he wants.  On many issues, the President requires the approval of Congress and the Senate.  Given his record, I suspect he would try to buy the support he needs. 
It must be understood that the government is not a business and cannot be run like a business.  It doesn't run by making a profit.  I did a search "What is the primary function of government"  I got varied answers.  Some ask:  "What government"? 

There is one response that said:
"Government has six functions:

1. Foreign Relations - Diplomacy and Defense

2. Develop business strength - Incubate small business, special research and development, such as space research, job training, unemployment insurance and more.

3. Protect and regulate the sustainable use of natural resources.

4. Enforce and regulate fair and responsible business practices. Included in this is monitoring monetary policy, giving consumer protection and regulating banking practices.

5. Determine and enforce civil laws of property and conduct. This includes the freedoms of the press, religion and rights of property.

6. Provide public goods and services for the well-being of the community as a whole, such as infrastructure, vaccination programs, disaster relief, fireworks shows, public parks, basic healthcare, subsidized housing, public education and public utilities.
(These are things that the government provides better than private business for the community at large through pooling money and resources. There are more positive externalities for society when government provides public goods and services.) " 

Then one must inquire:  "What branch of government?" 

Understanding how our government runs should be known by all.  I don't think that is the case.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Nice summary!  You are correct.  When government is taught in school it is about the form.  Function is not taught in a practical way - how it really works - with bribes etc.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:24 pm

I'm sorry, bribes is not the politically correct word - campaign contributions.  Then there's the negotiations, the threats, the bullying, the jockeying for top billing, the pandering to local interests to get re-elected in spite of the damage to the rest of the country - or the world.  Of course, let's not forget allowing businesses to take jobs overseas so they profit excessively and make sure the legislators that allowed it to happen are re-elected to their cushy jogs - or did I cover that in "bribery."  Jogs - guess that was a Freudian slip - jobs.

Just a short caveat regarding Trump.  Nice that his business allows him to be away so much with a television reality show, beauty pageants and now a new hobby, running for President.  Obviously, his business manner is to tell someone what to do and disappear.  I imagine he'll have more fun than anyone else in the White House ever did because he will dictate to someone else what to do and he'll do nothing.  Oh, I guess he'll fit right in with the Republican Congress.  They let the lobbyist groups write the legislation and they promote it or drop it depending on what meets their self-interests.

Oh, that's right, "his company" went bankrupt four time, not him.  That's why we incorporate, isn't it?  Oh, those who were hurt - not paid - were not worth paying. Another less friendly interpretation of bankruptcy is "stealing sanctioned by law."  After all, you got the goods and didn't pay for them. Let's see, three marriages.  He really knows how to manage those "family values" preached by the Republicans.  And religious faith? His opinions appear to be clearly his own, not based on any faith commitment - in fact, he seems a little shy on the commitment front anyway, "running for president" since the '80s but finally old and bored enough to give it a run for real.  I don't know why the comedians haven't made entire fortunes on routines devoted to him.  He's hilarious.

I do not know him personally.  He is likely charming and personable, Financially good to his present wife and his children and engaged in philanthropic work around the world. I doubt that he has any understanding of my world or that of any ordinary person - those in need of medical care, education, a helping hand, food stamps, housing, reduction of school debt, inner city refurbishment, gun control, the prison profiteering and destruction to the soul and families.  Elderly life - care and lifestyle costs, etc. since his $billions will take care of him in his elderly years - or he can buy another young wife.

Oh well, there aren't many great alternatives.  I still say Hillary has the experience and the ability - in spite of attempting to have some convenience in a job that her traveling more in a chaotic world then airline attendants.  

I went to work for a school system on a grant that had been ended.  We had no way of communicating.  I set up an aol account - and later learned aol was a bad word and no aol accounts were to be used for school business. I risked it anyway to get the program on the road - that's what quality leaders do - they bend the rules to get things done.  In government, if someone has it in for them, those well-intentioned behaviors often cause them grief.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 9:52 pm

9/4

VIVA TRUMP 2016
                                       Bring America Back

TRUMP? - Page 3 Make_a11
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 10:49 pm

In the past, one could ask, "What has been the best type leader?' If we put a man in office that matched the best we have had, would it work? Times, and people are very different than when the best of the past was in office. Can we trust what they say they will do? What is the record on that?
I have often wondered, "Does the person who gets the most votes win? With the way the system is set up, small States get a larger vote power(not by count) than many of the big States. What are the other things one should take into account?
!) The country needs to export goods. True we have more people working now than 4 years ago...but is it the kind of job that produces export goods, or just Wal mart, fast food, and construction jobs...these export nothing.
2) Do we need industry like, Steel, Textile, Lumber, Aircraft, Cotton goods, copper, coal, oil...etc. These are the type jobs that make a Nation rich. Should we want a man in office that can bring thes things back to America?
3) Do people care about the condition of America, or are they okay with things as long as they have what they want?

Which one of those seeking office can bring our major industry back to our shores?
If it is a strong person that can fix our trade problem, will his/her strength want him/her to have more power at the loss of more freedom?
If a weaker person wins, will the country lose what it still has?

I agree a person who is in the White House is on a learning curve...the longer they are in office the better. I remember, FDR was in office for three term. If he had not died, he would have been in office for four terms, or more.

It is a big problem for people to pick the right person. Me, I don't vote. As a Christian I follow the Bible. The Bible says, "Satan is the god of this system of things, and who he want's he puts into authority." So if the Bible is true, Satan will put who he wants in the White House...my vote would not be worth the paper it would be written on.
I wish you who do vote get who you want, and they do the things you want.
You know, standing on the sidelines, it is hard to judge if a president is doing a good job, or not? I guess you have wait until they die, and all the dirt comes out, if any. I used to respect Jackie O until I saw the pictures of her when she was married to Mr O...not good.. full front, and back views butt naked, and many other people around. 
As I have said, whoever wins the White House, I don't think it will be good for the country, or the world...why would Satan put the best in power?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:10 am

Interesting observation, Domenic.  I appreciate the difference of opinions presented.
When I see the slogan attributed to Trump about making America great again.  It's an admission that America is no longer great.  Beating the drums about how great we are just lost out.
What made America great is something that requires more discussion.  Who can restore faith in America is something to seek in a Candidate.  America was a world leader.  It set standards for other countries to follow.  So much of that was trashed with GWB. Some of that faith was restored with President Obama.  The world at large respects him more than many Americans and much of that has to do with his color, in my view.  Most things he has tried to do to improve the lives of Americans has been thwarted by the opposition.  His efforts for peace is lauded by the world and resisted by the opposition party in America.  America being great is how the world views America.  Self gratification doesn't count. 
In the end, actions, not words prevail.
Trump just showed his ignorance on foreign affairs when questioned by the media.  I don't know if that will be shown on American TV, but it is being shown in Europe.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 6:49 am

9/5

VIVA TRUMP
                             America Will Be Great Again !

Right now were not even great, we have lost our faith..
                             People are desperate for a real leader, not lying Hillary !

Cheers.............Joe................ TRUMP? - Page 3 748523

TRUMP? - Page 3 Americ10

Last edited by joefrank on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:16 am

Joe, all this stuff about how great America is, and God is on our side, etc,etc, is nothing but spit in the wind. Would God be on the side of a country that had slaves? Would God be on the side of a country that made laws for homosexuals to be taken as NORMAL? Would God be on the side of a country when he did not give man the right to rule over other men? This country is no better than any other country. The people of this country are no better than any other people. What I believe Joe, the Bible says the eight world power will fall over night. The U.S. of A is the eight world power. What does it matter what country is the number 1 world power? Joe, don't you at time feel this world is like a chess board, and we are those little guys on the front line with no control, the little guys they give away to save the King, and Queen?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 9:43 am

I believe most people in the United States are concerned about food on the table, education for their children and a quality, healthy life.

Many people are desperate for those basic things in this country.

Many people are living in prisons that should be out, living lives that contribute to society.

But what are the percentages?  Aren't most people simply getting from one day to the next, paying bills, trying to save for a vacation, hoping for the best for their children?

So long as we are free to thing, speak, move from one state to another, hold a job of our choice, get the education of our choice, obtain affordable insurance coverage for a healthy life, etc. we at least live comparable to other developed and free countries of the world.

Does it matter who is greatest?  It should not. This is my home and I have lived for long periods of time and worked in Asia (five years) Europe (four years) Caribbean islands (3 years).  I thoroughly enjoyed those experiences, but they were not my home.  This is my home.  I understand life in this country.  I was born and educated here.

I don't like politicians saying we are "no longer great."  Like Abe, I was embarrassed for my country during President Bush's reign.  Flying on an airplane next to someone from another country after the Iraq war began was a lesson in what the world thought about this bully, hungry for war.

Others who see war as an answer, don't like the current administration.  Regardless of our point of view, this is still a grand place to live if you can access opportunity.  We need leaders prepared to take us into the future, a better future, where the current disenfranchised gain not go backwards.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 10:52 am

DK your last sentence hits it.
"Others who see war as an answer, don't like the current administration.  Regardless of our point of view, this is still a grand place to live if you can access opportunity.  We need leaders prepared to take us into the future, a better future, where the current disenfranchised gain not go backwards."

It has been said and I believe it to be true,that America is for the young, not the old.  Anyone with the energy has the opportunity to make it.  There are few restrictions to go into business and one does not need a certificate for qualification to do most anything.  However once one grows old, they are not wanted - seemingly cast aside. 

When I had my business, I looked for older people.  They had experience and were the most reliable.  They valued having a job and were faithful.

Taking care of seniors is lacking.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 11:08 am

Since I don't consider myself to be the brightest bulb on the tree, maybe someone can explain to me why, if the President is doing such a wonderful job, his rating is sooooo low.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows The latest figures include 25% who Strongly Approve of the way Obama is performing as president and 43% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -18.

They must just be polling Republicans!

Other countries might consider us bullies, that is of course unless they need our help, protection or money!

You'e right Abe, there needs to be better care for the elderly...the veterans...the poor.  So why are we writing blank checks to every foriegn country that holds out their hand and ignoring our own people? TRUMP? - Page 3 77176
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 11:27 am

Good question, Don.  The only answer I can think of off the cuff is that there must be a monetary kick-back to those supporting the transfer of money.  I continue to wonder why we give Billions every year to Israel. 
I challenge you to wait until the campagining begins and watch how many will pledge their support for Israel.  Have you ever wondered how much the candidates get from Israel and where, if they need so much money, do they get it to give to the candidates.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Obama has been sending billions to Africa...why don't he use that money to help the blacks in this country? Hmmm? maybe he is going to Africa when his term is over...as a king, or president of some African country...perhaps they will give him some of those billions back as a gift? I;m sure he would rather be a president over a black country than a white one. If he does move to Africa, somebody should tell him, "Air force one is not his."
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 1:56 pm

President Obama is a U.S. citizen who shows no more favoritism to countries in Africa than to any other continent. Aid to foreign nations is not his alone to dish out but rather comes from sources in the government already set - many long before he even took office.  Black populations in this country are disappointed in President Obama because he showed them no preference - which a segment was seeking.  President Obama is no more African than I am Swedish, Norwegian, English or Irish.  He was born in a state of the union.  I have lived and worked fifteen years outside this country.  I am still a U.S. citizen and prefer my own nation to others.

In the history of the U.S. no other president has endured such blatant disrespect from the Congress, due to its predominantly old, white men composition and the exercise of their subliminal hate for the intrusion of black people into the fabric of the nation. I see it in my own friends, most of whom are Republican.  Rather than admit to their bias, they find fault with the appearance of President Obama's wife, the boredom of his daughters at a public event.  There is no fault that can be found with the moral demeanor of this president or his family so the propaganda machine has to generate half-truths and down right lies to excuse disrespect.

Somebody needs to take action in Africa so the killing and starvation stops.  A lot of the action needs to  come from their own governments who need to create infrastructure and taxing to get the funds to help their people.  Resources that are mined away to fill the coffers of developed nations need to benefit the countries from which they are mined.

I was proud to be a U.S. citizen both times the electorate voted in President Obama.  His lack of popularity comes from the constant negative bombardment in daily lives from talk radio and the campaigns on the internet that pass from one social media outlet to another, one hateful email list to another.  I know, I have a "friend" who sends me disgusting garbage about President Obama and his family all the time and I either delete it or spam it and it keeps coming.  He thinks he will convert me.  I know his hate runs deep to even deal in these things.  In spite of a do-nothing and destructive Congress, the country is at the best it's been in jobs and unemployment in the last decade.

This country is great at the present time.  It can be much more, but we have no apologies and many successes against great odds.  However, people who hate President Obama though they've never met nor known the man, will gather around them the items that confirm their point of view, even if their source is untrue.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 2:00 pm

President Obama's heritage includes people with dark skin which he inherited the same as I have blue eyes and auburn hair and white skin that tans.  These genetic differences are the luck of the draw.  We didn't go select them.  They came to us from our ancestors and the way they lived their lives.  We have to make the best of what we have. Tied to superstitious beliefs for the most part, dark skin as been an object of fear across many generations of time.  It's tied to all things dark and evil.  Yet, my white skin doesn't tie to saints.

Through all humans run red blood that weeps for us when we are cut.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 2:36 pm

dk, you say all these people who speak bad about Obama, have never met, or know him...is that a one way street? Have you met Obama, and know him? If you can't say you have met, and know him, than you don't know if what others say is true, or false?
This is a fact you can take to the bank...HE SUPPORTS THE HOMOSEXUAL LIFE STYLE. To a Christian that is a, no no to Gods law. When people support a person they support what they do. If you are homosexual, I would understand why you support him. Trump on the other had has said he is not a supporter of the homosexual life style. I would say that is a good point on his side. Every nation in the past that has excepted the homosexual life style as normal went down in flames. Do you think somehow the USA wild somehow side-step that?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:03 pm

Issues of sexuality are private matters. The rights and privileges of a civilized society are public matters.  This country was started by white men who had slaves.  The vote was intended for them, not women, not slaves, and not many others.

Over the years, we as a society have evolved to recognize the inherent humanity in all people, including women and people of color and other nationalities.  Different religions have different points of view.  As a country of laws, the laws must not pick one belief or another but need to be made to benefit the majority of the citizens under the law.

At this point in the evolution of the U.S. as a society, people of various sexual orientations have presented their case for legal rights comparative to all citizens of the society.  I do not need to accept a lifestyle to accept their right to legal standing. As I have said before, there is as much diversity in heterosexual sexuality as in homosexuality and I judge none of these except as I make decisions for my own life or offer requested advice on occasion. 

My religious background is mostly western with a smathering of Asian thought.  I pick and choose those things I learned as a child to govern my behavior.  Things that I don't say properly for sure like, "judge not lest ye be judged," "people who live in glass  houses shouldn't throw stones," "man is made in the likeness of God,"  "Of all these, the greatest is love," "love thy neighbor as thyself" - and my collection tells me that made in the image of God, we are one humanity and love is the greatest good we may share, not hate.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:16 pm

9/5

Viva Trump !

Joe..................... TRUMP? - Page 3 748523

TRUMP? - Page 3 Amerui10
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Dk, I agree with this statement you made:

"Over the years, we as a society have evolved to recognize the inherent humanity in all people, including women and people of color and other nationalities.  Different religions have different points of view.  As a country of laws, the laws must not pick one belief or another but need to be made to benefit the majority of the citizens under the law.

It seems those who claim to be Christian, must be put under the table to please those who are homosexual...what they want, and think is protected, but what Christians want, and think is not.
So let us go back to square one...me for one, I will not give up, or have my rights as a Christian taken away to please those men who want to marry men, and women who want to marry women...
Homosexuals don't want my Bible in their face, that is okay. I don't want their homosexual life style in my face, or those who claim to be straight crap down my back in support of the homosexual life style.  My grandfather used to say, "Birds of a feather flock together."
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 4:50 pm

9/4

Just read " The Hill Newspaper,"  Trump 45% Hillary sinking fast 40%
                 if you read at the bottom of every article I've read one had 2800 
                 responses , they don't believe anything Hillary has to say in hell, they
                 don't trust her and neither do I...

Cheers....................Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 5:38 pm

Dear Diane,
You are one lovely and compassionate, caring, intelligent, beautiful human being.  I wish I could clone you a zillion times.  You speak for me in an eloquent manner.  I do love you.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 7:11 pm

9/5

Let the revolution begin, it's going to be a major slaughter at
   the poles in 2016 ! The other runners in the Republican party including Jeb Bush
   are in the toilet 3%-10% only Ben Carson is at 15%....Hillary no matter how she
   tries to lie her nose gets bigger and now it comes out the guy she hired she paid
   $5,000- each time and now Congress wants to talk to him and he says he'll take
   the 5th amendment , something is rotten in Denmark ! 

Cheers..Joe...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TRUMP?   TRUMP? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

TRUMP?
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next