Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Terrorist or Robber?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10548
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Terrorist or Robber?   Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:30 am

A man riding on a French train was subdued by two passengers when he brandished weapons.  Upon interrogation, his attorney said that he wasn’t a terrorist.  She (his attorney) said that her client found the weapons in a sack in a park in Brussels.  To prove his innocence, she said that he was injured when he checked out the weapons and shot himself in the foot.  She said her client only intended to rob the people on the train and was not a terrorist. 

(Imagine what a comedian could do with this incident).
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Terrorist or Robber?   Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:39 am

8/25

Terrorist.......

Cheers..................Joe........... Cool
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Terrorist or Robber?   Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:05 am

Joe, this was on the news this morning.  It is not a joke - it actually happened.  It stated further that the man was under surveillance as a suspected terrorist and therefore the suspect was given that label.  He obviously didn't know how to use the weapons.  If he had shot himself in the head instead of the foot the case would have been closed.  I found it hilarious when his attorney said: "He only wanted to rob the passengers".
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Terrorist or Robber?   Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:33 am

8/25

Abe..

I know it's not a joke I have been following it, if it hadn't been for those three
              Americans can you imagine what this guy would have done, it's getting out of hand 
              did you see that ancient city they destroyed yesterday, when is the madness going
              to stop and when is the world going to do something?

Cheers.....Joe..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Terrorist or Robber?   Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:12 pm

Joe, I think it will get worse before it gets better.  We were just talking about similar issues this evening.  Example:  Where there is a hazardous intersection and people complain about the lack of traffic lights or cars speeding too fast in a housing area, nothing is done until someone gets killed.  Then they take action.  We are always playing catch-up with events.  Foresight doesn't seem to mean much. 
We know that people carrying weapons pose a threat.  What they don't realize is that they also become a target.  We can't eliminate all threats or problems, but taking one step at a time can lead us in the right direction.  Unemployment causes many to do drastic things.  We know that stealing is wrong, however when when one is hungry, stealing for food will happen.  We hear people say:  "They should pull themselves up by their bootstraps"   What if they have no boots?  What do they mean by these clever sayings?  Food, shelter and clothing has and remains the basic needs of humans.  We as a society must provide that.  If we don't, we can expect an increase in crime.  People will do anything to survive.  Only those who have experienced hunger can understand what I'm saying. 
We claim to be the richest nation in the world.  If that is so, whey do we have so many people living in poverty?  We need to look at the source of our problems.  Our infrastructure is suffering.  Roads, bridges and transportation is lacking.  Our environment is suffering.  Our politicians need to focus on the needs of the citizens.  Providing jobs is just one issue, and it is an important one, but it is not the only issue.  Public transportation is not available in rural areas, thus people require cars.  Cars cost money and fuel.  They also cause pollutiion.  The list goes on and on.  Setting priorities that benefit the citizens and the country as a whole is desperately needed.  What politicians are talking about that?  Bernie Sanders is the only candidate so far that touches on these important issues.  Is he serious about the things he talks about or is just more political BS?  I don't know.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Terrorist or Robber?   Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:54 pm

Elizabeth Warren as a V.P....
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Terrorist or Robber?   Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:00 pm

I think Elizabeth Warren would be a good V.P. for any candidate.  She and Sanders would be a winning team.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15622
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Terrorist or Robber?   Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:59 am

She and Joe Biden would be great too.
Meanwhile, every day people lose their lives due to gun violence.
All we do is wring our hands in dismay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Terrorist or Robber?   Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:28 am

Agree, Alice.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Terrorist or Robber?   Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Someone needs to get control over the power of the gun lobby and gun manufacturers.  I believe the sale of weapons, and the machinery of war keeps nations at war.  It's not so easy to fight with a club or a sword and shield.  There's no "protection" mystique. It is real people.

Weapons of war today are operated from computers with no relationship to the people.  The total crazyness of war is illustrated by the truces where fighting armies shared cigarettes and Christmas greetings during WWII and then commenced killing each other.

A war mentality and a gun mentality are closely related - setting disagreements with the ultimate weapon - death.  Today a young reporter and her cameraman were killed by a person mentally warped.

We need medical care - walk-in no names asked medical care - to help those troubled by life's traumas to their psyche and unable to cope.  I have known several people about whom I had or have concerns.  They have no access to the mental health care they need because they will not reveal who they are to staff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Terrorist or Robber?   Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:43 pm

It is difficult for those on the outside to comprehend a system where access to healthcare is limited, not affordable or not available.  Resistance to a comprehensive healthcare program continues and people vote against their best interests.  The resistance appears to be promoted by the rich insurers that want to retain their high profits.  It is said that America has the best medical equipment and medical knowledge available anywhere in the world.  Unfortunately, access is limited to the rich.  How many can afford to go to the Mayo Clinic?  How many insurers would pay for the expenses incurred at the Mayo Clinic?  Money care is not health care.  When I can go to any clinic/hospital and seek the best care available, it is hard to imagine not having access.  In America, it seems that healthcare is available to the rich and the poor.  Once one is tapped out financially, then healthcare services are available and paid for.  In this case, one is required to go to a designated facility or doctors for treatment.  The handling of these welfare patients are often substandard.  I know of what I speak, I've been there.  Anyone placing their body in the hands of a physician needs to feel confident about the expertise of the physician.  Healthcare includes the mental health of the patient and that's where much of the healing begins.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15622
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Terrorist or Robber?   Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:01 am

It is impossible to read a mind.  Broken bones show up on x- ray,

Mental health is a real challenge.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content