Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

The GOP debate

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10627
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: The GOP debate   Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:48 pm

I didn't see it, but am watching the highlights on CNN.  My take is that Trump intends to make America the world's bully.  He thinks he can ram through what he wants by force.  His remarks past and present indicate a lack of dimplomacy.  The first question indicates that he will go his own way if he doesn't get the nomination - a third party candidate.

Impressions are important and I look forward to hearing from those who watched the debate.
Anyone change their opinion about the candidates?  Any standouts?  Anyone who blew it?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:52 am

8/7

First off Trump Trumped the other ass kissers, he speaks his mind and that's
            refreshing ! The other morons acted like robots too terrified they would make a
            mistake, Bush poor choice, he doesn't have it and all the others including him are
            obligated to the Koch brothers they all ran to Calif., for a big donor party given by
            the brothers, as Trump said I'm not one of their puppets, he doesn't need anyone
            or their money. As far as Fox News goes I think they tried to set Trump up. when 
            they asked all candidates but you know and I know they were aiming for Trump 
            would anyone back the candidate chosen and not run obn a third party ticket ? I
            loved it when Trump raised his hand and said he would run independent if he didn't
            like the candidate , sorry I won't be watching Fox again, to me the debates should be
            covered by several Medias at once not one controlling it.....Could have been better...

Cheers...Joe....Viva Presidente 2016 ?  Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:12 pm

Trump was Trump.  He is not presidential material but he makes for an interesting campaign season.  Note that he had no conscience about the lenders who went unpaid - actually saying derogatory things about lenders - or the people who became unemployed - due to his bankruptcies.  No conscience when it comes to "business."  He may have interpersonal relationships but he's ruthless in the business dealings.

He can pretty much buy anything he wants - except the presidency - so he wants that.  Maybe he can buy that too.  The governor of Florida bought his job.

Maybe U.S. citizens want to live in his kind of world where you take what you want, give where it gains for you eventually, and say what you want because you have the money to get away with it.

Consider most of the people on the stage count on donations from Trump, or their PACs count on it.  Others get their money from the Koch brothers.  No one can say anything they truly believe if they wish to be elected except for Trump because he is a $billionaire and with zero government experience thinks he can go like a bull in the China shop to do what he wants as President.

Note again, he never talked about the silver spoon he started with as it would not settle well with the electorate without such beginnings.  It's always easier to make money when you can take risks because you have daddy's money.

As I mentioned somewhere, I heard a commentator say the word on the street is "hands off Trump" because his money talks everywhere and he gets even. 

I agree that Fox should not have controlled the debate but someone had to foot the bill.

And Republican "Family Values?"  Let's see, lots of fooling around and on his third marriage.  Totally derogatory toward women - likes the young, pretty ones who do his bidding.

It speaks well for the electorate when he is the top candidate so far for the Republicans - even if it is early.

I know nothing about Ohio's governor.  However, he struck me as presidential in what he said and his demeanor.  However, whoever is paying his bill may control him as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:22 pm

Bankruptcy for profit?

There was a time when laws concerning bankruptcy stipulated that anyone going bankrupt could not hold a key position in any company, especially of a financial nature for a given number of years.  I don’t know when that changed, however bankruptcy laws have been changed/revised many times and restrictions have also been changed.

When I read about how many times Trump went bankrupt and in the process became a wealthy person, I couldn’t help but wonder if those bankruptcies were not part of his money making schemes.  Consider having a company, skimming the profits from it and transferring the money to another company and then bankrupting the original company, sticking the creditors with the loss and personally profiting by the process.  Being insulated using a corporation helps.  There are laws protecting key officers of a corporation from liability.

For a regular person, consider maxing out your credit card by taking the money they allow you to borrow on your card and placing that money is a safe place.  You do that with several Credit Cards and wind up with a nice sum of money.  Then you declare bankruptcy and your debts are wiped out.  The next go round you increase the stakes with larger acquisitions, skim the money and then declare bankruptcy.  There are some who would call someone who does that a smart businessman when in reality they are a big cheat – a fraud, yet all done within the law.   How do you protect your name from being on the poor credit list?  You use a fictitious name (sometimes a corporation) or another person’s name that you compensate for going along with the scheme.  These are just some thoughts, but you can imagine if one decides to screw the public or the financial institutions, one becomes clever about the ways and means to do it fully within the law.  If you have money, you can buy the legal/financial talent you need to accomplish your goals.

I can’t trust a man who is a billionaire and has bankrupted many times.  Something smells.

Google it.  Ask about Trump's bankruptcies.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:47 pm

8/7

Now all the Democrat Leftist Liberals are running scared and I mean scared, even
              Hillary is terrified of Trump, first she doesn't have any money near what Trump has
              and Sanders even though I don't like him because of what he is ( Leftist,) I have to
              hand it to him he has Hillary peeing in her pants ( She deserves it for lying,) now if
              Biden gets in she'll be screwed, no one realizes the Clintons don't have the power they
              once had to intimidate people ( I know this because a good friend was married to a 
              FBI agent ( he passed away last year,) he was station in Little Rock and the stories
              his wife told me about Clinton and Hillary almost turned my hair white. Now she's being
              investigated by the FBI about her computer and the E Mails, I'm not worried about her
              her career is over and she knows it, she's like a drowning politician ! I agree with Trump
              any goods being made by USA manufacturers outside the country and they want to import
              them back into the country there should be a 35% Tax , you'll see the national debt go 
              down fast and I'm sure the Leftist Democrats will be against this including that dam witch
              Schultz who's the head of the party can't stand to hear that shrill voice.......We'll kids we 
              shall see in three months what happens.......

Cheers..............Joe.........
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 4331
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:09 pm

I doubt that Hillary ever pees her pants.
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:16 pm

8/7

Oh she is...She's so terrified Biden will get in the race and
                          Bernie Sanders is drawing crowds of thousands where she
                          can't she's yesterdays news and she knows it, I did know
                          of a great woman who would have been a helluva President
                          she had two odds against her, she was black and she was a
                          woman, I admired her and thought she was great, her name
                          Barbara Jordan....Too bad she passed away...Always the good
                          ones....

Cheers....Joe........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:21 pm

There is another qualified woman - Congolese Rice - but her politics don't suit me.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:54 pm

8/7

Yes Rice is an elegant well spoken woman but she's wise
                           who wants to go through the living hell of running for Pres.
                           she's smart..

Cheers..Joe..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15666
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:04 pm

joefrank wrote:
8/7

Yes Rice is an elegant well spoken woman but she's wise
                           who wants to go through the living hell of running for Pres.
                           she's smart..

Cheers..Joe..... Very Happy

I wanted Hillary to enjoy her grandchild but she doesn't  take advice from me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:50 pm

8/13

Hillary is fool !

Cheers... Joe............... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:13 am

She is unwise, for sure.  She will not get my vote.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:10 am

8/14

Hillary doesn't get it nor any of the Republicans that's why Trump and Sanders
     are drawing large crowds, the old political games people are tired of and the lies and the
     same old garbage I'm so happy to see people opening their eyes and finally letting these
      jackasses their days are numbered...

Cheers...Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:11 pm

Actually considering the multi-tasking of the President and the fact that most successful men have wives, secretaries, nannies, assistants and more helping them while women make it to the top doing everything on their own - a woman president would be most qualified.

I'm sure many women are qualified, but who has a perfect past?
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:33 pm

dkchristi wrote:
Actually considering the multi-tasking of the President and the fact that most successful men have wives, secretaries, nannies, assistants and more helping them while women make it to the top doing everything on their own - a woman president would be most qualified.

I'm sure many women are qualified, but who has a perfect past?

No one.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:14 pm

8/14

Rumors out of Washington is Hillary may be indicted for lying
        and putting our govt. at jeopardy they say if this happens it's the end
        of her career now theirs a rumor out of Al Gores camp he may run, when
        will the stupidity end ? 

Cheers..Joe.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:34 pm

We don't need to  go backwards.  Al Gore is backwards.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:12 pm

Why do you think Al Gore is backwards?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:23 pm

8/14

He's a yesterdays news just like Hillary..all washed up...The American public is
                   tired of liers.....

Cheers..Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:42 am

Joe, I don't know what a lier is, but if you are saying that Al Gore is a liar, please give an example - just one will do.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:04 am

8/15

You know and the American public knows all politicians including Gore,
   Hillary and all the other clowns running for President will lie through their teeth to get
   nominated, it's called: " Dazzle them with your intellect and baffle them with your
   bull shit," and the public falls for it every time, not now, people have finally woken up
   now is the time to change the Govt., and I don't mean far right or far left, I mean the
   middle of the road....

Cheers...Joe......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:24 am

Abe F. March wrote:
Why do you think Al Gore is backwards?

Because he was Vice President for Bill Clinton and I don't want to relive that time.

The economy was great, but the scandals were ridiculous.  Bill was having sex with Monica L. and it was on taxpayer time in the White house.  If it had been on his own time, it would have been his business, not ours.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:08 am

Al Gore had nothing to do with Monica L.  He was a good VP as well as intelligent.  He won the national election and was denied the Presidency.  Saying all politicians are liars is a blanket statement.  If you can't state a lie that Al Gore told, how can you call him a liar?  Defamation of character is not what I would expect of someone who claims to want truth.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:09 am

8/15

READ MY LIPS != All politicians lie ! You know that and refuse to
    believe it ! Every American knows that now and that's why the extreme left is
    being flushed down the toilet , look into Hilary's eyes you can almost see the 
    horror she feels knowing she won't get it...She doesn't deserve it, what the hell
    did she do for this country, " NOTHING !"  She feels entitled to it , sorry no way
    in hell........
                                                   Cheers....Joe..... Cool
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:25 am

Reading your lips is not proof of anything. 
Trying to come up with names of people who we believe are truthful is difficult.  Coming up with names of people we believe lied to us is much easier.
One example of both in my view and perception is:

Honest:  Jimmy Carter
Dishonest: George W. Bush.

We know that politicians campagining for office will say things people want to hear. Some actually mean what they say, however the promises they make are shallow.  Obama made many promises and he tried to do what he said, but not everything he tried was successful due to strong opposition. 
Unless a President has the support of Congress and the Senate, he cannot fulfill all his promises.  I think the voting public knows this.  Example is with Berny Sanders. I like much of what he says.  He is a fighter and has proven his will to fight for what he believes in.  Knowing that issues that affect the Seniors, the Poor and the Veterans will be addressed in a forceful way means there is a chance that some of his ideas may be fulfilled.  Once in office, every word a President says is recorded.  Lying to the public as a President cannot be tolerated.  Lying us into a war, in my view, is a crime and those responsible should be punished.  We cannot claim Justice for all if a privileged few are excepted.  

I seriously doubt that anyone on this forum can claim never to have told a lie.  Would that make us all liars?  

I'm just finished reading Thomas Jefferson's Bible.  He didn't rewrite the Bible but carefully chose passages that stand out.  His Bible is strictly about the New Testament.  Nothing I read was of his own creation.  An interesting read to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GOP debate   

Back to top Go down

The GOP debate
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: All Political Discussions-
Jump to: