Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news

Go down 
+2
Shelagh
Betty Fasig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news  Empty
PostSubject: I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news    I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news  EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 4:27 pm

There are many ignorant and prejudiced people in this
America.
But I see a new beginning with people being less tolerant of prejudice and hate. 
I see people taking more control of the political process.  I credit Bernie Sanders for that.  A revolution is coming.  I am glad to be alive to see it.
Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news    I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news  EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 5:08 pm

I always associated the word "love" with America. Americans used to love everything: ice cream, doughnuts, chocolate, dogs, cats, films, television, Happy Days. You name it, Americans loved it. Now the in-word is "hate". Everyone hates everything and everyone's a bigot. I preferred the happy days!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news    I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news  EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Me, too. Shelagh.  I have so little control over what is put out 'there' to be viewed and judged by the people of America.  I only know that the balance is off in the favor of the really rich and unkind people.  I wish I could do something.  The only thing I know to do is to vote.  Vote for someone who has a vision for this country and not a wallowing in the hate and bigotry of the people who would that no one has a chance and everyone should be the slaves of the financial elite.  I hate that part.  I do not see much that I can do except to vote and encourage others to vote for a man of integrity (as I see it) Mr. Sanders, who has had the courage to stand up.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news    I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news  EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 6:00 pm

What Shelagh and Betty said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news    I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news  EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 9:44 am

No matter who is elected that is not in the Republican Party, they will likely face a Republican Congress.  My belief is that we have a man of integrity as President.  The Vice President is a fine human being. The bigotry and hatred rampant in the white old men and those they influence has penetrated television, talk radio and most of the media, spreading hate and lies like snake venom.  The likes of Rush Limbaugh is an example.

For those still appreciating the ideals no longer present in the republican party, I beg your forgiveness.  That is the party that has embraced the divisive issues and perpetrated them on the people through the  constant media barrage. That is the party that has the spokespeople that pander to the haters, those filled with fear of change and those who wish to foist and force their religious beliefs on a diverse country.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news    I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news  EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Diane, you are a person with an astute mind and a beautiful heart.  Alice and Shelagh see the big picture, as well.  I am just a small person here who would like to see ordinary people like me get a chance.  I do not have much respect for Wall Street, people like Donald Trump, and all (  do mean all  of the United States Republican people who would be president.  Mostly, they are running on the fear of the people who are so ignorant of the political process that they will appeal to anyone who strokes one of their main prejudices...be it religious ( mostly) or the fear of people not of their color...I mean black people, Mexican people, Japanese people and on into who wants to consider that they are white and better.  Ignorance is what will kill the USA.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news    I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news  EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 6:42 pm

7/5

I have given up on politics! After what I heard Christi said today the man is a joke !
           He would never allow the Supreme Court to vote the way it did on Gay Marriage, 
           doesn't he realize the Supreme Court has the last say no president can override
           the Supreme Court ! I do agree the Supreme Court should be limited to 8 years
           and they must retire ! I can't stand it all the Republicans from what I read are 
           becoming religious right! That is very scary, I give up, it's making me sick !!!

Cheers........Joe... Cool
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news    I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news  EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 10:02 pm

I still believe in the concept that "with every adversity there is a benefit."
I share Shelagh's observation about love and hate.  Perceptions are a big influence.  Then there is the media with paid advetising or paid journalists who promote a party line.  My perception is that "thinking" has been lost.  It seems that many want to be told how to think and what to do. 
There have been some videos on FB where HS graduates and college students were asked questions about American history and current events.  Although intended to be funny, it showed just how ignorant people are on a range of issues, particularly about their own country. 

The adversity in our way of life can be the cataylist for change and historically Americans rose to the challenge.  A smart Presidential Candidate, like Sanders, can point out the problems and what must be done to fix it.  He is taking his campaign to middle America.  Fairness is sought.  Whether he can deliver is uncertain, however moving in a positive direction can make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news    I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news  Empty

Back to top Go down

I see that people are fed up with hate perpetuated by news
Page 1 of 1