Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

From the Internet so BEWARE

Go down 
+2
Abe F. March
dkchristi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

From the Internet so BEWARE Empty
PostSubject: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 5:59 am

A friend sent this to me.  Obviously the reporter is a gentleman from the greatest generation and has a big case of nostalgia (when you get to the end). No way do we want to go backward or should we see the past as such a great time - it was not. The present is a great time for the elite few.  It all depends on the point of view. Our memories sift through what is unpleasant to remember when we wax all nostalgic.  However, I did enjoy the text and whether he actually wrote it or not thought you might enjoy it too.The list of taxes includes all layers of government from the community to the nation.  Actually, local citizens do have a voice in local taxation.

As a reporter, he might have had some influence. He probably couldn't be quite so blunt as a columnist.  All jobs have their limitations.

Charley Reese's Final column from Orlando Sentinel

May 17, 2015 
A very interesting column. COMPLETELY NEUTRAL. Be sure to Read the Poem at the end.. Charley Reese’s final column for the Orlando Sentinel… He has been a journalist for 49 years. He is retiring and this is HIS LAST COLUMN. 

This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be. The article below is completely neutral, neither anti-republican or democrat. Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinel, has hit the nail directly on the head, defining clearly who it is that in the final analysis must assume responsibility for the judgments made that impact each one of us every day. It’s a short but good read. Worth the time.  Worth remembering! 

The poem at the end is excellent    Be sure to read the Tax List at the end. 

545 vs. 300,000,000 People -By Charlie Reese 

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them. 

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits? 

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes? 

You and I don’t propose a federal budget. The President does. 

You and I don’t have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. 

You and I don’t write the tax code, Congress does. 

You and I don’t set fiscal policy, Congress does. 

You and I don’t control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does. 

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country. 

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank. 

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don’t care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator’s responsibility to determine how he votes. 

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party. 

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.. ( The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.) 

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House?( John Boehner. He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. ) If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to. [The House has passed a budget but the Senate has not approved a budget in over three years. The President’s proposed budgets have gotten almost unanimous rejections in the Senate in that time. 

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted — by present facts — of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can’t think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist. 

If the tax code is unfair, it’s because they want it unfair. 

If the budget is in the red, it’s because they want it in the red. 

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it’s because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan .. 

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it’s because they want it that way. 

There are no insoluble government problems. 

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. 
Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like “the economy,” “inflation,” or “politics” that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do. 

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power. 

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses. Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees… We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess! 

Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper. 

What you do with this article now that you have read it… is up to you. 
This might be funny if it were’t so true. 
Be sure to read all the way to the end: 

Tax his land, 
Tax his bed, 
Tax the table, 
At which he’s fed. 

Tax his tractor, 
Tax his mule, 
Teach him taxes 
Are the rule. 

Tax his work, 
Tax his pay, 
He works for 
peanuts anyway! 

Tax his cow, 
Tax his goat, 
Tax his pants, 
Tax his coat. 

Tax his ties, 
Tax his shirt, 
Tax his work, 
Tax his dirt. 

Tax his tobacco, 
Tax his drink, 
Tax him if he 
Tries to think. 

Tax his cigars, 
Tax his beers, 
If he cries 
Tax his tears. 

Tax his car, 
Tax his gas, 
Find other ways 
To tax his ass. 

Tax all he has 
Then let him know 
That you won’t be done 
Till he has no dough. 

When he screams and hollers; 
Then tax him some more, 
Tax him till 
He’s good and sore. 

Then tax his coffin, 
Tax his grave, 
Tax the sod in 
Which he’s laid… 

Put these words 
Upon his tomb, 
‘Taxes drove me 
to my doom…’ 

When heÂ’s gone, 
Do not relax, 
Its time to apply 
The inheritance tax. 
Accounts Receivable Tax 
Building Permit Tax 
CDL license Tax 
Cigarette Tax 
Corporate Income Tax 
Dog License Tax 
Excise Taxes 
Federal Income Tax 
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA) 
Fishing License Tax 
Food License Tax 
Fuel Permit Tax 
Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon) 
Gross Receipts Tax 
Hunting License Tax 
Inheritance Tax 
Inventory Tax 
IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax) 
Liquor Tax 
Luxury Taxes 
Marriage License Tax 
Medicare Tax 
Personal Property Tax 
Property Tax 
Real Estate Tax 
Service Charge Tax 
Social Security Tax 
Road Usage Tax 
Recreational Vehicle Tax 
Sales Tax 
School Tax 
State Income Tax 
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA) 
Telephone Federal Excise Tax 
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax 
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes 
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax 
Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax 
Telephone State and Local Tax 
Telephone Usage Charge Tax 
Utility Taxes 
Vehicle License Registration Tax 
Vehicle Sales Tax 
Watercraft Registration Tax 
Well Permit Tax 
Workers Compensation Tax 

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY? 
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids. 

What in the heck happened? Can you spell ‘politicians?’ 
I hope this goes around THE USA at least 545 times!!! YOU can help it get there!!! 

GO AHEAD. . . BE AN AMERICAN!!!

Quote :

Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:09 am

Loved it DK.  I can't find fault with anything said.  I think we all know/knew much of what was written, but he did a great job of summarizing it.  Those in power are to blame for the good or bad in our country.  I hope this gets promoted around the I-Net during the election campaign.  Time to clean house.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:29 am

The problem with cleaning house is the lack of alternatives. It will take a major revamping of the whole job description, staffing, perks and campaigns to ever get a true set of dedicated people who come in for a couple terms, lend their expertise and open it up to a new set.  What was intended as a service to the country by people already employed in an occupation that provided them with insights to the needs of their electorate turned into career politicians because of the ego-centric type of individual that it takes to run the campaign gauntlet.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:40 am

I think there are always alterntives if we look for them.  Sometimes we overlook the obvious.  We have done that with energy when the source of energy, the sun, is staring us in the face. 
Perhaps it is the "dark horse" who doesn't have all the cash and splash.  Personally, I don't go for the candidates or a product that is thrown in my face.  Candidates are now promoted like products and I find that repulsive. 
We need alternatives when voting, not pre-selected people that are shoved in our faces.  When it comes to a revamp of our voting process, there is the matter of choice that requires attention.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:25 am

Those that make the rules, RULE!
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:51 am

Don, you say much with few words.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:54 am

What Abe said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 8:49 am

Being under those 545 people is the same as being under a religious cult. The 545 do not speak for the people, nor do religious cults speak for God. I have always said" All governments are bad, and all religions  are false. God is against both.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 9:50 am

I'm not sure I know what God's total intentions are, but from what I see in nature, there is a sense of harmony and balance taking place.  The 545 and organized religion do not contribute to harmony and balance except for their selected "flocks."
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 12:06 pm

I'm constantly amazed at the people who claim to know what God wants.  I see it on FB.  God wants you to do thus and so or God doesn't want you to do that.

I presume that their take on what God wants comes from the Bible, unless they are claiming to have received a communication directly from God and of course that can't be proven.

I think we all know right from wrong and that comes from within - that gut feeling.  What is right for me may not be right for you and vice versa. 

As DK mentioned, nature can telll us much.  I presume one can believe that nature is the handwork of God.  We live on the same planet in a vast universe and it seems to me that we are all connected.
When it comes to politics, we are still all connected and for many it is in wanting what we see is best for us.  When we can look at the big picture and want what is best for all of us, then we can unite in force.  That collective energy is powerful.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 1:43 pm

I see in nature a collective energy working together.  I just loved Avatar for its symbolism of that relationship.  I agree that we have the capacity as humans to live a life that provides quality existence across the globe.  We just need to focus on what's best for everyone instead of the few trying to hand onto what they have or get what they don't have.  We need a global consciousness.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 3:00 pm

6/24

DK..

I have a solution to the problem....In front of Congress you have all 545 
   all politicians line up, they would ask this question of each one: " Are you resigning today,
   if yes, you will loose all your benefits, you will become a normal civilian and must find a 
   normal job to support your family, if you refuse this is what you face....They'll resign...

Cheers.....Joe
From the Internet so BEWARE Articl10
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 5:14 am

Marco Rubio needs to be president to feed his spending and live the lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 5:23 am

6/25

Guess who's leading the pack, Jeb Bush is loosing ground..

" Donald Trump "

Cheers..............Joe...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 8:59 am

I have a friend who will do quite well if Donald Trump Succeeds.  He's been around Trump for years, just waiting for this opportunity.  

Donald Trump's success began with Daddy's money and includes many failures and mistakes that were only shored up by his access to credit.  President's are not allowed to make mistakes, and they do not have access to credit - that comes from the Congress.

His "you're fired" behavior on his television show is also very unpresidential and crass.

He is an expert at exploiting the benefits to him of wealth. Has he every used his wealth to benefit anyone else?  Perhaps and I just am not aware.

I have no respect for him whatsoever including his many off the cuff stupid remarks, especially his campaign to prove President Obama was not a U.S. citizen - which if not so unsettling would have been a comedy.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 12:41 pm

I'm with you on this, DK.  Trump is not Presidential material.  The same can be said for some others who what the job.  I saw a clip on Sarah Palin today and wondered what would have happened if her team had won.  I must admit she is good looking, but I'm more concerned about what is inside the head and not the outward appearance.
Just out of curiosity, what candidate for President appears Presidential?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:20 pm

6/25

None of the bums are material for the White House and that
                          includes Christi and yes Hillary... From the Internet so BEWARE 505411 So we have no one left..

Cheers..Joe.. Smile
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 7:44 pm

I still hold that the world recognizes Hillary as Secretary of State which is no slouch job.  That would be a benefit to the U.S. to have her world knowledge.  She also has a lot of domestic knowledge.  She looks presidential and can at least carry on an intelligent conversation at many levels. She is by far the best qualified.

If you can point to a Republican candidate that can match her credentials, I am open to the idea.  However, with a dynamite V.P., Hillary could make a difference in the lives of many people outside the elite few who live in comfort and don't care about anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the Internet so BEWARE   From the Internet so BEWARE Empty

Back to top Go down

From the Internet so BEWARE
Page 1 of 1