Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?   Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:06 pm

CAN YOU SAY...PAST RECORD OF LYING, CHEATING, STEALING...TOTAL DISREGARD FOR HONESTY???
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10307
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?   Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:26 am

That's it, Don.  I think a resume of each Candidate should be made available to the public.  That would include their positions on various subjects and how the position they now take differs. I would further support a provision that required candidates to be given a competence test.  If they are to be our leaders, we should at least have someone who is intelligent enough to govern. 
There are enough examples in the western world as to how leaders are democratically elected where money is not a factor.  Being in a position to buy an election and then beholden to the finance contributors is not right.  There have been exceptions where a poor man made it into the White House, but that is virtually impossible today.  Money rules.  Although possible, it is difficult to imagine a rich person understanding the needs of the average man and their struggles.  Exceptions are rare.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?   Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:31 am

Military and police personal have to take a competence test just to be promoted to Sergeant but any jerk with money can run for president...what's wrong with this picture?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8175
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?   Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:00 am

6/18

They should be given a test 100 questions on the Constitution if
                  they want to run , they have 3 months to run and free Ad time
                  TV Newspapers, Radio and 1 Million dollars a staff of ten that's
                  it, if they past the Constitution Test then they can go on and run 
                  for Congress, Senate, President, Vice President...

Cheers....Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8593
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?   Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:05 am

Bernie Sanders has a long-standing record of very rational proposals to improve this nation at many levels.  I have always admired his candor and freedom to say what he believes and attempt to put it into legislation.  That was long before he ever indicated any inclination toward the presidency.

Personally, I think he's running because he sees no one else carries the lamp in truth for those who have been disenfranchised from the U.S. economy.  So, he's running.  I don't think he is a gung ho candidate and I don't think he says what he  believes people want to hear.  I think he says what he believes to be correct.

Can he be influenced by the traps of being elected?  Absolutely.  I have seen decent human beings with ideals lose them in the campaigns and thereafter. 

I believe he is an idealist.  Does an idealist make a good president?  Does a person who stands solidly on principle make a good president?  Obviously the list of current candidates would make one wonder.

As Donald Trump yaks about all his success, remember he had his daddy's money to play with and therefore was free to take the risks that made the money.  He lost plenty, too.  He just had the connections to borrow until he got it right again.  For the rest of us one untimely risk is our financial demise (personal experience here.)

Who makes a good president?  It takes a steady demeanor, the ability to communicate with a world stage, energy beyond the normal human being, a duck's back for criticism, a strong emotional support system and the intellect to read, hear and assimilate massive amounts of unrelated and related information.  It takes the insight to select the right team and a profound understanding of human nature. 

It requires the ability to delegate, to speak, to act, to raise money and to avoid the pitfalls of fame and fortune and life among the glitterati and celebrities of the world stage.

Nowhere did I include personal integrity or moral turpitude because both of those are matters of culture and belief systems.  So long as they do not interfere with the proper implementation of the Office of President to benefit the citizens of the nation and the world, they are personal matters.

I didn't include the qualifications that are constitutional. 

I'm a little tired of lawyers.  From the looks of the hacking disasters, it seems about time for someone with a technical background that can communicate with computer geeks and find solutions for what I see as the electronic crises of the future. 

Some earth sciences might be good too for a true understanding of the the gift the world's resources offers that we are just for greed destroying with impunity, in our daily lives and at a grand corporate scale.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?   Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:57 am

An old saying that surfaces every four years: "Bullshit talks and money walks."
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?   Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:00 pm

6/18

Al...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?   Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:50 pm

6/19

I saw this on I believe Face Book, hysterical...

Cheers....Joe..... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8593
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?   Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:58 pm

I have a very intelligent and well-experienced friend who plans to work on the Donald Trump campaign.  I wonder about my judgment regarding friends and their IQ.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10307
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?   Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:41 pm

It is interesting, DK.  I think we all make judgements about people based on who they support. 
There are several on this forum that expressed their view that they vote for the best person, in their view, and not the party.  I agree with that.  I have voted both for Republicans and Democrats.  There were times when I couldn't decide, not liking either candidate and would most likely have voted for a third party candidate if one existed.  I do think that an alternative would be welcomed by many.  Unfortunately an independant candidate can turn out to be a spoiler.  It is a matter of getting accustomed to a three-party system.  Bernie Sanders is registered as an independent, however he is running as a Democratic.  In this case, I would have preferred he run as an independent allowing an extra choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?   

Back to top Go down

Who Do You Think Will Be The Next President In 2016 ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: