Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

JOE....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

JOE.... Empty
PostSubject: JOE....   JOE.... EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:17 am

Joe,

For the past two years I have been thinking about selling prints on canvas. There are companies you can find on the net that will make them from pictures of your original. One company sent me some samples.  You can’t tell the difference from the original. Many artist do this. This way you never have to give away the original. You can sell a print for $300 to $500. You should check it out.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

JOE.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOE....   JOE.... EmptyFri May 29, 2015 2:03 pm

I interview many artists and they prepare prints they call "gliclee" prints that look just like the paintings.  I have seen them next to each other - the original and the gliclee - and they are nearly identical appearing except for price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

JOE.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOE....   JOE.... EmptyFri May 29, 2015 3:55 pm

5/29
                      Domenic and DK.....

The both of you should be my agent..the usual % I found out from a gallery
              owner the difference between the original and gliclee there was an artist whose
              art I got the hots over and I showed my friend Angie who was with me and I
              said look at this painting can you imagine only $1,800- he must be brand new
              or their hard up ..LOL !! ( Idiot Me !) I went over to the lady who was running the
              gallery and asked her how could this artist sell below the price of other artists and
              she explained it was a gliclee she explained just DK did but she told me the artist
              does a few brush strokes on it plus after his signature he puts a capital "G" which
              means it's not an original painting but a gliclee that way there's no problem when
              the customer may try to re-sell the painting. Me I prefer not to be a vendor I've done
              retail it's hard, I know the farmers market downtown there are artists and they sit all
              day and you never know if your going to sell, I have met artists who have their own 
              sites and it's hard you have to put it all together, pack it, ship it you name it and I 
              decided I didn't want that so that's why I joined Fine Art America, I download the art
              or photography and choose what I want it on mostly prints and cards  and they do all
               the work, I just put the mark up $10- or $15- for art prints, they make a profit I don't
               now if I wanted to I could open a small store downtown in an enclosed mall I know 
               because the ones who own that also own my compound I rent from but that would be
               $850- and up for rent, your a slave seven days a week...Any other suggestions you may
               have is always welcomed..
                                                                         Cheers..............Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

JOE.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOE....   JOE.... EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:03 pm

joefrank wrote:
5/29
                      Domenic and DK.....

The both of you should be my agent..the usual % I found out from a gallery
              owner the difference between the original and gliclee there was an artist whose
              art I got the hots over and I showed my friend Angie who was with me and I
              said look at this painting can you imagine only $1,800- he must be brand new
              or their hard up ..LOL !! ( Idiot Me !) I went over to the lady who was running the
              gallery and asked her how could this artist sell below the price of other artists and
              she explained it was a gliclee she explained just DK did but she told me the artist
              does a few brush strokes on it plus after his signature he puts a capital "G" which
              means it's not an original painting but a gliclee that way there's no problem when
              the customer may try to re-sell the painting. Me I prefer not to be a vendor I've done
              retail it's hard, I know the farmers market downtown there are artists and they sit all
              day and you never know if your going to sell, I have met artists who have their own 
              sites and it's hard you have to put it all together, pack it, ship it you name it and I 
              decided I didn't want that so that's why I joined Fine Art America, I download the art
              or photography and choose what I want it on mostly prints and cards  and they do all
               the work, I just put the mark up $10- or $15- for art prints, they make a profit I don't
               now if I wanted to I could open a small store downtown in an enclosed mall I know 
               because the ones who own that also own my compound I rent from but that would be
               $850- and up for rent, your a slave seven days a week...Any other suggestions you may
               have is always welcomed..
                                                                         Cheers..............Joe... Very Happy

Joe, The gliclee companies I've seen pack and ship for you. You can sell to real estate agents. They give gifts to people who buy homes from them.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

JOE.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOE....   JOE.... EmptySat May 30, 2015 6:03 am

5/30

Domenic..

Who are the companies ? I'm always wary of companies
I haven't dealt with, second do you think on the site I belong to $10-$15 mar up is too
low ? I have to think to that the site has a mark up for producing the product, I'm too
confused ...
                                                                Cheers...Joe
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

JOE.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOE....   JOE.... EmptySat May 30, 2015 7:52 am

joefrank wrote:
5/30

Domenic..

Who are the companies ? I'm always wary of companies
I haven't dealt with, second do you think on the site I belong to $10-$15 mar up is too
low ? I have to think to that the site has a mark up for producing the product, I'm too
confused ...
                                                                Cheers...Joe

Joe,
email the companies, and request a sample.
How much is art worth?  How much should the mark up be? Joe, art has no true value. A car has value because it can get us from point A to point B very fast, but in of itself, it has no real value. I used to work for GM. A 1985 Cad sold for $17,000. The cost  to build that car was only $3,000. If you sold that car for scrap, you might get $75?

There is an artist in my area who paints whales. I also paint whales. Side by side I often top him in talent. He ask, and get $3,000 for one of his. I have never asked over $160 for one of mine. Why? FEAR.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

JOE.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOE....   JOE.... EmptySat May 30, 2015 8:02 am

5/30

Domenic..

We have something in common " Fear," that were not good
  enough, Fear that no one would like our work...I don't know who said this quote,
  " You Have Nothing To Fear But Fear Itself."  I think Churchill said it,...

Cheers........Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

JOE.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOE....   JOE.... EmptySat May 30, 2015 9:04 am

Joe, I believe it was FDR that said that in his 1933 Inaugral address.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

JOE.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOE....   JOE.... Empty

Back to top Go down

JOE....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: