Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The reason this country is in trouble

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

The reason this country is in trouble Empty
PostSubject: The reason this country is in trouble   The reason this country is in trouble EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 4:19 pm

When people can look at a telephone pole caught in electric wires and see that it forms a cross and consider that it is a omen from God...or a reflection in an office glass and kneel down before it, and not see the people who are suffering because of lack of a place to lay down their head at night without some official telling them to move on,,,,When no one cares much about any other body but their own self...I believe we are a lost (I was going to say, "civilization" ..but those are not things a civilized society does...is it?? ) nation
When people you have known all your life are spouting Fox News as truth and not speaking to you again without another thought. I know that this nation is in trouble.  When people allow that laws are made that affect an entire state and do not say a word, I know we are in trouble as a nation. 
The propaganda machine has to be controlled.. How to do it with a brainwashed populace is the question.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The reason this country is in trouble   The reason this country is in trouble EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 4:38 pm

3/28

Betty...

You are right ! In my inner being I know politics and religion
   are bull shit ! It's called controling the masses and since when a dam politician can
   think he knows what's good for the public ? I remember years and years ago Ross
   Perot said something that caught my full attention, anytime any politician or any
   Congress or the Senate wants to make laws, change laws the American public will
   have the obligation to vote on it and it cannot be passed or made a law without the
  approval of the American Public if they say no well they can't do it...

Cheers....Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The reason this country is in trouble   The reason this country is in trouble EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 6:01 pm

I remember California was like that.  They had so many referendums on the ballot it was like voting for a book - but it allowed for public input.  I don't know if it's like that anymore.

Intelligent people become defensive when one mentions their addiction to FOX.  Perhaps it's not the paid for propaganda, half-truths and lies that attracts them but rather the cute chicks that deliver it.  They shout against NPR in defense yet I hear both sides on NPR speaking and discussing so it's hard to see that as propaganda - as well as call-ins from around the world.  At least they bring in experts with opposing opinions so listeners get both sides of an issue.

Humans are evolving.  It seems awful slow in terms of the brain moving toward reconciliation instead of war, but there was a time when peace was the exception and not the chosen path.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The reason this country is in trouble   The reason this country is in trouble EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 12:59 am

Lack of citizen input is a major cause.  The Internet provides two-way communication as least with other citizens where ideas can be shared and debated as we do on this forum.  Getting information from a variety of sources and then questioning the information helps.  Being spoon-fed from known biased sources, i.e., Fox News is a danger.  Exposing lies from whatever source helps.  Trust is something we desire, but not something we can take for granted.  “Free” is a word that preys on the gullible and should signal caution knowing that there is most always a catch. 
It has been said that “What you say, disappears.  What you write stays.”  Written words are more reliable and can be challenged.  We hear politicians make statements and then retract them often with the excuse that their statements were misinterpreted.  At one time advertising was scrutinized by the consumer protection agency.  A bizarre incident occurred in New Jersey where a Used Car Dealer advertised:  “You can have this car for just Ten Thousand Bananas.  I suppose he was trying to be cute, but a man rented a truck and went into New York and gathered 10,000 bananas from markets that were throwing the over-ripe produce away.   He showed up at the used car dealer with the load of bananas.  The dealer was required to deliver the car for the bananas after being forced to comply with truth in advertising statutes. 

We must hold our politicians accountable for what they say and that takes effort.  We can email or call our Representatives expressing our wishes/views.  One can even email the White House.  If enough people write about an issue, eventually it will reach the intended party.  To think that every email or letter is seen by the person to whom it was addressed is being naïve.  I do recall, however writing to President Carter.  Every letter I wrote was answered by a member of his staff.  I suppose that Information from citizens is relayed to the President in summary form unless it is felt that what was written should be seen by the President..  I do have several letters personally answered by Jimmy Carter with his handwritten notes.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The reason this country is in trouble   The reason this country is in trouble EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 8:59 pm

3/29

Betty..

I'm getting to believe that many Republicans are religious right 
 wing after what I read yesterday about the Gov. of Indiana is he crazy ? That new
 law he created, I was in retail for 35 years if you want to make money you leave 
 your personal feelings outside of the door, period ! I did see an interview with a
 lady who owns a florist shop in Indiana and she said even though she is against
 serving gays for gay marriage she would put her feelings aside and make the sale ,
 we'll hello you religious feelings should never be apart of your business....I'm so dam
 mad I'm moving to Germany ....

Cheers,,Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The reason this country is in trouble   The reason this country is in trouble EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 12:52 am

As for moving to Germany, Joe, you may find some things a bit odd.

There is a weekly paper called "Amtsblat".  It contains news and events for villages in a particular region.  This past week the front of the Amtsblat read:  "Nackt Wanderung in Leinsweiler".  My first read interpreted "Nackt" as "Nacht".  I thought it was a hike at night.  After reading the article I realized that it meant a "Naked hike".  Getting back to nature is the theme.  There was no date set for this event, so I presume that it was an alert to those nature enthusiasts so that they can get in shape for the event.  Leinsweiler is a neighboring village from where I live.  There are forest trails for hiking.  I don’t intend to be one of the walkers, but haven’t ruled out being one of the gawkers.  I’m just wondering if the participants will wear hiking shoes.  Perhaps we could set up a small first-aid stand along the path and treat those with sore feet.  Just a thought Joe. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The reason this country is in trouble   The reason this country is in trouble Empty

Back to top Go down

The reason this country is in trouble
Page 1 of 1