Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

Teachers carrying guns

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Teachers carrying guns   Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:52 am

Iím not sure I heard correctly, but what I gathered from a news report is that Teachers will be allowed, and in some schools actually required to carry guns in school for their protection and the protection of their students.† Have we gone completely nuts?† Is that the example we want to give our kids? Will the next step be that kids will be allowed to carry guns to school?† Some may feel the need to protect themselves from the gun-totting teachers.

Is the Police Force a thing of the past?† Are Americans so insecure or unprotected that they feel the need for self-protection?† I think it is time to discover what caused this insecurity.† Arming the populace is a giant step backwards.† Has militancy become the norm?† Has the Wild West been revived?† Help me out here.† I am groping for answers.† †Do you want to raise your children or see your grandchildren grow up in a militant society?†

What is happening can be the subject of a fictional book on how this scenario could progress.† Will cell phones function as weapons?† Will walking canes have the capacity to shoot? †Drones are already a reality.† How they may be used in the future is unknown.
Has the Police Force been so degraded that one can no longer trust them for protection? Have they been reduced to being just traffic cops?† How long before traffic laws are ignored enmasse?†

Something is very wrong.† Did it start in the home or in the school?† Education must highlight respect for authority, laws and how to live with our fellow man.† This is not to say that it doesnít already, but I think it must be ramped up.† Education should lead and produce future leaders that are not just money-oriented, but how to live and work together for the common good.

For some it may seem dooms day thinking.† Lacking respect for authority, the proliferation of guns, insecurity that not only applies to safety, but also the ability or capability to have a life-sustaining income is not science fiction.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:42 am

This idea has been around since Sandy Hook.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:28 am

2/2

† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † It's totally sick ! It's the family, people don't raise their kids
† anymore , they expect someone else to do it ! Parents need to be trained so they
† can train their little brats..When I grew up you were taught to respect the Nuns,
† the priests, the teachers, the police oficer, friends of the family, relatives, the list
†goes on an yet you still with sex education today compared to when I grew up you
†have kids having kids, something is wrong ?†

† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † †Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:46 am

Agree Joe.† There seems to be a breakdown in morality and that doesn't simply refer to sex.†
We hear about how horrible it is to spank a child.† Is having your child shot better than a wack on the rump?† When talking doesn't work, more stringent measures are required.† Give the Teachers the authority to once again provide discipline.† If the parents don't provide it, then the school must.† To even suggest carrying a gun in school for protection is insane.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:05 am

2/2

† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † My Mother used to write a note at the beginning of school to the
† teacher: †" Dear Teacher..I give you permission to smack my son Joseph if he gets†
† out of hand, I have taught him the teacher is your parent from 9-3 . Thank You
† Cordially Yours, Mrs. Marie Baraba
† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † †That's how it was and should be..

† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:18 am

Once again, I agree with you Joe.† As kids, we were told that if we got a spanking in school, we would get one twice as hard when we got home and that was no joke.† Kids know when parents are serious or just blowing steam.† As parents, we must do what we threaten to do.

I had one very mean teacher - a Mr. Curt Smith.† He even looked mean.† He made the rules at the beginning of the year and didn't need to repeat them.† I saw him pick a kid up by the collar and carry/drag the kid to the Principle's office.† Don't know what happened along the way, but I can imagine the kid didn't resist or make a wisecrack.† If he did, the discipline would have happened before reaching the Principle's office.† Incidents of this nature were rare.† Setting a precedence was often required to set the tone.† No one carried guns.† If there was a fight, fists were used.† We had bullies but there was always someone who put the bully in his place.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:53 am

It's like the return of the wild west.† If you look deep enough, you'll find the gun manufacturers using their influence on this gun totin' stuff.† It's horrid in my book.† Glad I'm not in school nor do I have any children in school.† What a zoo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:23 am

I wouldn't want teachers to carry guns either DK. I'm oy saying that the concept isn'r that new. Since all of my hilxren are involved in education, as are two of their spouses, I have to be involved, though, and my granddaughter is in school herself.

What I don't understand is how arming teachers with paddles would be in any way helpful. Corporal punishment is just another way of teaching young people that violence ia a successful way to solve problems.

I have both my daughters with me and we agree on both counts.

Since they are here in my hospital room (explain later) I won't write more now. But I couldn't not comment.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 4331
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:13 pm

I hope you are ok Annie.† I wondered about the blood pressure and the dizziness you mentioned in an earlier post.† My best love to you, Annie.† Get well.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:59 am

Texas to give teachers the right to shoot students.
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/01/29/3617031/deadly-force-in-texas-classrooms/

I guess spanking them was too severe.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:13 am

I don't approve of guns, either, †but the guns are not for protection from students. But to protect students from outsiders.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:55 am

The entire idea of arming teachers is absurd.† Anyone trying to justify the need could be part of the problem.† Perhaps a change in the teaching curriculum is required.† Ignoring the problem won't make it go away.† I would expect Educators to delve into the cause of the problem and focus on that.† To even consider shooting students is a reflection on those making the proposal.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:28 am

Every time I try ro write this response, another dr or nurse comes in. Hopefully this time will work. The article re the bill has to do with a proposal. Most such proposals have no chance of becomin laws. We contantly see things frdm FOX, criticising and even making up things from a liberal standpoint. It seems just a much a travesty, to me, when the liberal media does the same thing. Spreading such stuff does more harm than good. Changes in our current teaching curriculum across the states are needd and are under discussion in all of them. Generally our educators are doing as well as they can with a tough jb and situations. Outsiders criticisms are often morre harmful than helpful.

Just me.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Teachers carrying guns   Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:47 am

I hope you are feeling better, Ann.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content