Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!    Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 9:04 am

I heard on NPR today cosmologists talk about the "Big Bang" and the "original energy" that started everything in the universe - what they are calling original positive and negative (not good or bad, a push and pull effect) - hmmmm - could have been religious people talking.  Seems to me the theory of "energy" as a representation of "spirit" sometimes called "God" is credited in religious mythology as the "beginning" of all things -
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!    Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 9:38 am

dkchristi wrote:
I heard on NPR today cosmologists talk about the "Big Bang" and the "original energy" that started everything in the universe - what they are calling original positive and negative (not good or bad, a push and pull effect) - hmmmm - could have been religious people talking.  Seems to me the theory of "energy" as a representation of "spirit" sometimes called "God" is credited in religious mythology as the "beginning" of all things -

Lets assume it all started with a Big Bang. Whatever went Bang had to come from someplace? And something had to make it go bang?

The Big Bang would have had to be an explosion. We have all seen explosions, either face up, or in movies. The stuff exploded is a mess…nothing is in order.

Our universe is in order. Planets are round, why are they not weird shapes as things in explosions are?

Things in explosions don’t become round, or orbit around other objects as our universe does?

If space is endless, why would there be a back wave? A back wave (some kind of force) has to bounce back from something that has stopped its forward motion? Would not a back wave move everything in the universe?

Here is the problem I see with the Big Bang;

1) Where did the thing that went bang come from?

2) What made it go bang?

3) How did all the planets get round?

4) How did the pieces that went bang arrange into orbits around other pieces?

5) This new back wave thing they are now talking about; What made it bounce back?

I’m no scientist, but take a big rock, or something, and blow it up…will you create a universe like we have? or will you just have a big mess of jagged broken pieces of rock?

Science has claimed they can now see out to the edge of our universe…why don’t they see pieces still flying outward? They claim they only see things in the same order as the rest of the universe?

But like I say, I’m no scientist. Matter of fact my brain is that of a jelly fish…so what do I know. I personally think the Big Bang Theory, is a Big Thud. The strange thing about the whole thing, “There are very smart people who really believe it.”
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!    Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:30 am

You make some interesting points, Domenic.  I tried to deal with some of this in my short story "Eternal Life", beginning with:

Is there life after death? 
Fact:  The body is made up of energy.
Fact:  Energy never dies.
So where does the energy go after the body dies?
Did Einstein prove life beyond death?
Einstein says:...(   )

I believe there is a power that controls the Universe and no, I don't think it happened by accident.
I'm satisfied with my belief.  I can't prove what I believe, but my gut tells me that I am on the right path.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!    Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:46 pm

That's my point, D - the cosmologists said that positive energy sent the original matter into an expansion mode that created all that we know and don't know in the universe today then a negative (not value negative but negative as opposite) energy slowed it down (present).  Now the universe is expanding again (positive energy) such that everything is moving farther away from earth.

My point was not that the Big Bang came from nowhere but rather the opposite - that there was an original (God?  Spirit?  Energy?) positive energy that put it all in motion and that energy changed to negative and the universe slowed its expansion and now it is in an expanding mode again.

If the original energy is akin to a belief in God, then it certainly would have negative and positive (opposite, not value laden) properties as it seems all the creations have polarities.

Basically, the talk is above my head, but it sounded very spiritual to me in spite of the scientific jargon.

Example:  There is a void.  Positive energy exerted on the smallest matter
begins expanding and becomes the universe.  Sounds like Genesis to me.  Where did that "energy" come from?  Call it what you will, but seems pretty spiritual to me.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!    Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 3:24 pm

DK, the book, God is not Dead, by Amit Goswami does an excellent job of explaining the quantum science connection in laypeople's English.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!    Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!   - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 6:43 pm

dkchristi wrote:
That's my point, D - the cosmologists said that positive energy sent the original matter into an expansion mode that created all that we know and don't know in the universe today then a negative (not value negative but negative as opposite) energy slowed it down (present).  Now the universe is expanding again (positive energy) such that everything is moving farther away from earth.

My point was not that the Big Bang came from nowhere but rather the opposite - that there was an original (God?  Spirit?  Energy?) positive energy that put it all in motion and that energy changed to negative and the universe slowed its expansion and now it is in an expanding mode again.

If the original energy is akin to a belief in God, then it certainly would have negative and positive (opposite, not value laden) properties as it seems all the creations have polarities.

Basically, the talk is above my head, but it sounded very spiritual to me in spite of the scientific jargon.

Example:  There is a void.  Positive energy exerted on the smallest matter
begins expanding and becomes the universe.  Sounds like Genesis to me.  Where did that "energy" come from?  Call it what you will, but seems pretty spiritual to me.

Einstein did say, "The universe is in a mathematical order." Whatever force one wants to call what created it, we must reason it has very high intelligence, power, and had to have a reason behind its creation.

As writers we have all heard, and used this question; “What if?” What is John was late for the train? What if a third person came into the story who had a reason?…etc.

As we write our stories, we reason. What if?

As to our universe, what if? We call earth, “Wilderness earth.” Why? Why not, Just earth?

Wilderness earth could mean, “There are different kinds of earths? Perhaps. What if, our whole universe was called, “Earth?” It’s all made from the same material as, Abe has pointed out.

In the Bible, Jesus said, “I have many mansions not of this earth.” What if he was speaking of dimensions? Different dimensions?

Science calls our universe, “The third dimension.” Is that because everything is in 3-D? Could other dimensions not be in 3-D…what if?

God took clay from the ground, (clay made of atoms) and formed the living creature Adam. The clay had no thinking. The clay had no awareness, but once formed into a living creature it had awareness…it could think. Yet it was built of the same atoms that made up the clay. The same atoms that make up the whole 3-D dimension. God told Adam he would return to the dust of the ground. Ground has no thinking, no awareness. I would say the dirt is alive because it can grow things…something dead could not. I would not say dirt has awareness, and the ability to think. Thus I believe if we go back to the dust, our condition would be the same as the dirt.

All things in this universe are made from Atoms. Some have said, “I will never die, because I am made of atoms, and atoms never die.” That is a true statement, and I agree with it. But living without feeling, thinking, and awareness, can not be called being a living creature.

Since atoms are alive, the whole universe must be alive. If the power that made the atom, could create a universe from that one single material, could that power also create different dimensions from a different type material?

When one starts thinking about the universe as Einstein did, one has to think about the power behind its creation.

As writers we have to ask, “Did that power have a reason for what it created?”

Here is a question; The Bible says, “Adam, and Eve were cast (thrown out) of the Garden, into the wilderness.” What if the Garden was on a different planet? And the wilderness was, wilderness earth? What if?
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!    Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!   - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 8:22 am

I thoroughly enjoyed your "what if" post.  It truly is within the range of my own questions about the universe and all the what if's that remain unanswered - and all the possibilities that lead to questions.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!    Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!   - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 10:05 am

DK, You said:

"My point was not that the Big Bang came from nowhere but rather the opposite - that there was an original (God?  Spirit?  Energy?) positive energy that put it all in motion and that energy changed to negative and the universe slowed its expansion and now it is in an expanding mode again."

Here is a fact of science...An object traveling through space will maintain it speed. If there was a big bang, things would still be traveling outward at their same speed. Science has shown, nothing is moving outward. Can you explain why you believe it all slowed down, and is now gaining speed again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!    Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!   - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does God Exist? - Clear Scientific Facts Prove it!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2